Author Topic: Mac's in LoTRO as well now  (Read 6223 times)

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
Mac's in LoTRO as well now
« on: April 23, 2009, 11:10:32 AM »
 Well any advice to a LoTRO noob then guys?
My mate is on the Eldar server and has given me 10G to help me get started not that i think ill need it for a fair time.
Are you lot all on one server or mixed around on various different ones?
A married man should forget his mistakes.  There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!
Eagles may soar but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines!

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Re: Mac's in LoTRO as well now
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 01:05:01 PM »
us who play are on Snowbourne, safe to say im the most active and not actually in HoJ anymore :)

advice id give is no matter what race your first character is start questing in the shire , the quests flow well there are slightly more forgiving than the Bree ones especially and involve pies and post :)

decide early on what tradeskills you want and level them whilst questing to reduce the need for "grinding" later.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 02:01:51 PM »
Okey Dokey, Ive re-rolled on snowbourne. (not that it was much of a task as i'd only just got my first character to lvl 10  ::) ).

Ive rolled a LoreMaster called Valinov to give it a go. So far i have to say it looks good, plays smooth and seems a bit more in depth and complex than War which is more my style.  ;D
A married man should forget his mistakes.  There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2009, 02:04:31 PM »
Loremasters are nice, their CC abilities are good and they are one of the best soloable classes if somewhat squishy in close.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2009, 02:46:13 PM »
think beo/mangala is the most active in guild so if you need a home look out for him or do a hands of justice search my guild char is suralin but when i do play im on my unguilded hunter.

note to self must ask for guild invite for that char.

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2009, 03:52:34 PM »
did send you a tell ingame with my guild char suralin you either didnt see it or couldnt figure out how to reply.

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2009, 04:14:12 PM »
Hehe, just found it. Sorry bud im spending alot of time reading the various bits that pop up so im not watching the chat box alot.  ::)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2009, 04:24:14 PM »
I am the most active HoJ guy (also need invites for Serevir and Lemvir my Warden & Lore-master), and am slowly getting back into the game, Im loving levelling my alts, but Beo gets the love from time to time also :D

Being spread across 3 MMO's and my life is hard work though, luckily a lifetime sub to this helps...
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 04:34:48 PM by Mangala »
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2009, 04:27:41 PM »
Can say if youd o enjoy the game, get a lifetime sub to it, its worth it and makes dropping the game and picking it up again less damaging on the old wallet over the long run :)

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2009, 04:29:09 PM »
have just finished patching so just say when

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2009, 04:34:08 PM »
nooo, now everyone begins playing this silly old game again!  :-\
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2009, 04:36:11 PM »
although im playing war again i do think lotro has the most going for it and i do enjoy my time there when i play it.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2009, 04:38:39 PM »
Just hit 20 on Viradan - my Minstrel.  1 hit and 3 levels vanished!

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2009, 04:44:10 PM »
Biggest draw in lotro for me - the world. Pure and simple I get to roam around Middle Earth, for me thats enough. 

Especially the shire.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2009, 07:47:35 PM »
If having a "home" in a small kin, that has a couple of players on, on and random and uncertain basis does grab you, then look at my profile, all my characters are listed there :)

I am trying to find that perfect balance in all my MMO's, so hopefully I'll have a little time to try and grow HoJ in Lotro once again. Or at least give it the time it deserves.