Author Topic: Levelling  (Read 2629 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Levelling
« on: November 21, 2008, 08:13:26 AM »
Please give me tips on levelling - feels like Ive been 30 for ages. Im questing now in central Kadrin - chapter 16 area, which is a little tough with mobs 3/4 levels over me, luckily they arent social :D

Should I move to other T4 and do the chapter 15's there too?

Im finding that Orvr the experience isnt that great, scenarios - repetition gets old, and being rolled the majority of the time doesnt help xp gain, and the few repeatable oRVR quests give only 3k a chuck...
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Torgal

• HoJ Members
  • Literati
  • Livin' in Hamsterdam
    • View Profile
Re: Levelling
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 08:59:51 AM »
Just get stuck into T4 chapters. PVE is the way to go in T4, I found my xp rate skyrocketted once I really dedicated myself to the questing, and yes you will need to do all three racial lines. 30-40 really does go quicker than 20-30.

Just ignore SP and the other scenarios. Though if you are going to play a few games back to back, hop on the flightpath to Dragonwake camp and make sure to turn in both quests after each game, it's the only thing that makes the xp rate from that bearable.

You should not be experiencing difficulty levelling with 2 weeks worth of rested bonus!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 09:57:30 AM by Torgal »

Order Torgal / Allein / Iapetus / Mellir / Ganymede
Destruction Stikklebrix / Mimas

"Sheeeeeeeeeeeeit"

Offline Jeremiah

• MAADI
  • Literati
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 09:39:28 AM »
Its not really possible to go, say, Reikland, Praag, Chaos Wastes because you don't get enough levels in a zone to cope with the next. So, I tend to cycle through the pairings in halves - so half of praag then move, half dwarf area then move and round like that.  Each half is easier than the previous oe because of the level gain then the second half is doable.

Interesting blog on the whole levelling phenomena: http://syncaine.wordpress.com/

Offline Torgal

• HoJ Members
  • Literati
  • Livin' in Hamsterdam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2008, 09:57:46 AM »
Good read that Jere

Order Torgal / Allein / Iapetus / Mellir / Ganymede
Destruction Stikklebrix / Mimas

"Sheeeeeeeeeeeeit"

Offline Pythias

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2008, 10:04:17 AM »
Individual quests in all 3 chapters + PQs if you can get a group.

I have found that doing PQs can also give nice XP. Perhaps it was bcs i got into a group with players mostly in their high 30ies and we were killing mobs several lvls higher tha my level. Not to mention PQs can be quite fun (i liked both PQs near first Kadrin camp) and rewarding in terms of loot.

Offline Debaser

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2008, 10:34:05 AM »
Aye, PVE chapters 18-20 all the way. Mix it up with occsional scenarios and ORVR but its in no way like the previous tiers.

Ideally as an IB you want to find yourself an AOE specced Runie to team up with, spec to hold mass multi aggro then pull anything that moves on the way to and at the quest location.

Otherwise spec is important if your not putting out max damage to PVE then it really will slow you down. Get yourself some Str/Wep skill gear have a big FOff axe in your hand and as long as your beating on things your level or 1 higher your exp will rocket.

Not sure what level you get  it but the 15% crit at over 50 Grudge combined with Focused offence and Great Axe mastery allows for a very heavy damage output. Good bit of strength and a good axe youl chop through mobs like butter. With all that rested XP youl be laugthing the levels away.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 11:44:52 AM by Debaser »
Debaser (IB) Omyi (WP)

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2008, 08:37:15 PM »
I found that 5 lvls higher in T4 gave me around 1.2k xp each - it was slow going being a SW the floating XP after killing was incentive :)

NPC Quests should give you between 6-10k each but it's slow going running quests.
Compare this to an avg SP (where you get at least captures of the salvage) which including the NPC quest mobs for them in DragonWake returns 15-20kxp + 1.5g.

Reikland Factory is a nice SC if it goes fairly well - otherwise it's just painful.  Today it's been so-so - people have been focusing on the quest and wins for order have been low.

Wii Console: 8123-9969-5753-1865

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2008, 10:44:42 PM »
Cheers for the tips guys. Very much appreciated.  If repeated SP quests give that then I may be inclined to go back to my old 50/50 method (half a level via pve, other half via scenarios and rvr) which worked for pretty much the first 25 or so levels of my game time :)

I have moved over the Reikland and done the Empire C15 quests this morning too - just under 1/3rd of a level gained from that, but I still have the pq's for that to max (Not sure if they'll be as fun as the Dwarf C15 ones, as Pyth and Arth found the other night!) which should move me into 31 :)

As for the axe thing - I may have sold my 2h chopper. Oh wells, vault or the AH will have a replacement I reckon (I tend to take shields/1h weaps from PQ rewards when they are available over any 2h choices, and never seen any 2h weaps drop in BS or MG as yet other than greens which I either cant use yet, or am several levels above...)

Offline Debaser

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2008, 07:23:45 AM »
Put out all the DPS you can dude or youl really feel that grind. Dosn't exactly cost much to keep respeccing.

I might have some old Axe's ill check my bank this morning.
Debaser (IB) Omyi (WP)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2008, 08:27:36 AM »
For me as AM PvE has been very slow going, cause I just die too much in T4, so still busy with T3 RvR [edit]PVE[/edit] and have some catching up to do in T2.
Past 2 days I've done some scenarios and gained quite some XP and fast!
Been quite bit of fun too, but that's after doing no scenarios whatsoever for a whole month or so. Before that TA got a grind too.

Also T4 oRvR has proven quite good for both renown and xp. At least, we had quite a nice keep defence in KV 2 days ago. Gave me >5k renown and quite some XP. Not to mention good fun. Flung out 400k healing in lord room defence only, which for me is awesome.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 05:54:45 PM by Warcold »
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2008, 10:44:24 AM »
Thats a point, t4 rvr will give me good xp - until diminishing returns kicks in, as I am very early 30's and the destro guys would be 40, so giving good xp when they do die :)