Author Topic: Inactivity Purge  (Read 7416 times)

Offline Debaser

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
Re: Inactivity Purge & where is everyone?
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2008, 02:39:00 PM »
Lelle mentioned this in another thread and it sort of ties into this thread.

Where is everyone?

Its very quiet online since my return - although I havent been about much myself what with work and social stuff, for example today I am currently sitting in a starbucks near Marble Arch as I am off to twickers to watch the rugby today!

So out of all the people who I didnt purge - all those active AFTER the 25th October, where are they?

I fucked up my computer again! ill be back next week.
Debaser (IB) Omyi (WP)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Re: Inactivity Purge
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2008, 10:19:41 PM »
Ok, if weekends fail to bring a good ammount of guildies in the game (0-3 in daytime, 5-ish in evenings) with officers barely being on (with the exeption of rubino, and debaser being excused for his mobo-screwup) IMO something has to happen.

I'll review some options using the SMART-method (Specific, Measurable, Appropriate, Realistic, Time-Bound)

- Leave the guild and find one that is more active if things dont improve with the coming of new tanks  (Specific, Measurable, Appropriate-???, Realistic, Time-Bound)
- Leave the game and start playing something else (EVE?) after this subscription period (Specific, Measurable, Appropriate, Realistic, Time-Bound)
- The ppl that havent been active should see that more ppl think like they think (its quiet, thus no fun) and start playing again - break the negative spiral. Next weekend >5 guildies in daytime, >10 in evening  :D (Specific, Measurable, Appropriate, Realistic, Time-Bound)

Hmm, option 2 seems the SMARTest. What do you think?

And to challenge the 'it's too quiet' way of thinking: tonight the server moaned under the heavy load of A LOT OF PEOPLE in oRvR. Spells didnt fire, mounts didnt appear, the lot. How's that for low activity?? (and plz flame GOA in some other thread ;))
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 10:21:56 PM by Warcold »
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2008, 10:28:39 PM »
Oh, just found this movie of Karak Hirn yesterday, when CW was getting locked. Quiet, eh?

ups, forgot linkage:  http://files.filefront.com/CW22+11avi/;12439906;/fileinfo.html
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 08:57:11 AM by Warcold »
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2008, 06:12:22 AM »
Well, ummm... I've been busy in real life (for example was out of town for the weekend until yesterday afternoon) and the little time I've had I've spent exploring LOTRO again. And the slow leveling pace in WAR after ~24 has taken its toll on me to be honest. But I'll be there at the fronts again this week, I promise!

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2008, 08:58:16 AM »
hurray!   8)

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2008, 09:39:04 AM »

And to challenge the 'it's too quiet' way of thinking: tonight the server moaned under the heavy load of A LOT OF PEOPLE in oRvR. Spells didnt fire, mounts didnt appear, the lot. How's that for low activity?? (and plz flame GOA in some other thread ;))

I play for my amusement. Noone elses. If I don't find it fun to run around alone I'm not likely going to play. Grinding battlegrounds and quests I got sick of in wow doing it again in war doesn't amuse me the least bit and since there hasn't been any open rvr action anywhere close to my tier since the included month ended well you do the math.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2008, 10:09:02 AM »
Currently sat on a train - making my way back north. Had an extra couple of nights in the big smoke after watching England lose horribly on Saturday.

Cant watch that video on my phone, but a brief scan of WHA still suggests KH is active when the majority of other servers are moving back to low/low rather than med/med or high/high; Overall thats a good thing - especially if there is nightly RVR - although is that "lets hit this keep and hope they come to hit us back" rvr or is it "right, this is the plan guys, we need to do x and y and z to get to a (a being the IC), so no arguments in /1 or /2 please, lets just do this", not that the first isnt fun, still would help me level - destro players 10 levels above me would give good xp.

I have hopes for T4 in general - as Jarkko mentioned about leveling post 24/25ish, I found that slow going, although did do alot of oRVR during that time so didnt notice to much; I found myself T4 capable but at a time when Mythic where changing the dynamic of that Tier to make it easier to cap stuff (I think, although from a thread I started on WHA it seems people dont think that) and get to the cities and maybe even make the other scenarios worthwhile (my ADD in WAR gets the better of me when theres only 1 scenario a tier popping).

Although despite saying this, this time of year is hard game wise now - so much going on away from the computer that a game where I need to actually be online to experience the content and make Beo better than he is, is a very hard thing to devote time too, especially a game with as much background and as much potential as this one has. I'll persevere though.

Been trying to recruit via WHA, but to be honest at this point the main users of that board are either quitting and subsequently bitching about everything or are happily guilded, may have to go back to ingame recruitment and sort through the wheat from the chaff over time - if that option is workable then we can all give that a go.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 10:22:26 AM by Beosvir »
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Pythias

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2008, 11:52:48 AM »
Been trying to recruit via WHA, but to be honest at this point the main users of that board are either quitting and subsequently bitching about everything or are happily guilded, may have to go back to ingame recruitment and sort through the wheat from the chaff over time - if that option is workable then we can all give that a go.
The only unguilded character i noticed in T4 was the notoriously known Bionic. I believe consolidation is necessary. That means merging guilds. I am sceptical about recruitment. With Mines of Moria, i have not seen several guildies online so i guess we have atm less than twenty at least semi-active players in the guild.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2008, 11:56:39 AM »
Thats exactly what Cry Havoc have been doing - gobbling up people from guilds that have gone even less active than we have off late - from chats with Orisha the main reason they have had from people is Wrath affect, luckily that doesnt seem to have hit us, more of a variety of things instead.

Mergers on the line of us keeping the name would be good, if it went the other way and a merger/membership transfer occured, then well the worst that happens is the loss of a forum section or two here, and this site, this name keeps going (The cost is negligible, so I never have a reason to not keep this going!) :)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2008, 12:21:02 PM »
What about Black Regiment? Arent they near dead?
Anyway, I agree mergers seem to be the best way to go.

Offline Debaser

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2008, 12:21:19 PM »
I hate to say merge myself but...

I hold out hope for KH as a server we're what.. 3rd Core? Behind 8 peaks and the other one. It'l be a cold winter for warhammer unfortuntly I think smaller guilds disbanding and leading to the rise of 3-4 huge guilds isn't going to us any favours as far as the alliance system goes, but it's clearly inevitable.

Just a case of weathing out out to storm tbh. I like the way our allaince is now but if the numbers fail to improve I fear merging may be too viable a solution to ignore.
Debaser (IB) Omyi (WP)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2008, 01:24:39 PM »
Just a few notes from me :)

Its very early days for WAR as a game, early release things always are a bit tempestuous as people moan and bitch about everything, swathing changes are usually inevitable in any game after release (again ill use Lotro as an example the way and plays 1 year after release was TOTALLY different than its initial code), WAR is a niche title in my eyes, and a great one at that it will sell itself.

Super guilds are inevitable,as is the amazing explosion that will occur within said organisation, no limit to size etc will make this happen, however how long can anything with huge numbers of different personalities coexist peacefully? Ive always preferred the smaller guild thing (as long as you can get things done ;)  )

As to my current lack of play in WAR simply one word MORIA

i sub actively to 2 (or 3 ) games depending on how i feel so i share my time with the game im enjoying most at that time, that does mean that i disappear altogether from a particular game for a week or two as, this allows me to enjoy the game ,when i return from a  "holiday".
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Torgal

• HoJ Members
  • Literati
  • Livin' in Hamsterdam
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2008, 03:50:41 PM »
Yeah I guess this seems like a decent thread to "bury bad news", so here's a heads up. My sub expires tomorrow, and I'm currently leaning towards not renewing it. Not really much point going over my reasons for that since we don't need negativity, nor am I totally decided on whether to or not. Don't wanna just quit and drop off the face of the earth without saying something though, that'd be out of line since HoJ has been far and away the best part of playing WAR.

I'll probably log on tonight, but it's likely to be the last for a while.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 03:52:24 PM by Torgal »

Order Torgal / Allein / Iapetus / Mellir / Ganymede
Destruction Stikklebrix / Mimas

"Sheeeeeeeeeeeeit"

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2008, 03:52:45 PM »
Yeah I guess this seems like a decent thread to "bury bad news", so here's a heads up. My sub expires tomorrow, and I'm currently leaning towards not renewing it. Not really much point going over my reasons for that since we don't need negativity, nor am I totally decided on whether to or not. Don't wanna just quit and drop off the face of the earth without saying something, that'd be out of line since HoJ has been far and away the best part of playing WAR.

Well if you do - dont be a stranger here of course. Fingers crossed if you do then come back, we are still here in one form or another :)

I do hope you stay (and well done on 40 by the way!) and give it a further chuck!

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2008, 05:56:08 PM »
I do hope you stay (and well done on 40 by the way!)

Same here m8!