Author Topic: Guild Rank: 15  (Read 5006 times)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Re: Guild Rank: 15
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2008, 04:29:23 PM »
farming PQs is probably easiest way as you know that you are going to get a reasonable number of mobs in a decent sized area and it will be a constant influx of guild xp.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Torgal

• HoJ Members
  • Literati
  • Livin' in Hamsterdam
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2008, 04:49:06 PM »
Well I think I would agree that PQs are probably the best way to rank up the guild based on;

i, A significant portion of the xp you get from scenarios is bonus xp at the end, which is it seems not counted.
ii, Open RVR xp is low.
iii, PVE mobs don't suffer from diminishing returns.

Probably need to keep the mob levels high enough and the groups small enough to get decent xp. 2 or 3 people's probably best. Fun times if you can bear the grind.

Should be noted that they nerfed AOE xp somehow a way back. Not sure how, or if it'd affect grinding like this.

Order Torgal / Allein / Iapetus / Mellir / Ganymede
Destruction Stikklebrix / Mimas

"Sheeeeeeeeeeeeit"

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2008, 05:11:23 PM »
if the group was entirely HoJ diminishing returns would only apply to each individual not the guilds xp as it would still get its share, more people = faster clear = more xp for guild ;)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Torgal

• HoJ Members
  • Literati
  • Livin' in Hamsterdam
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2008, 05:26:55 PM »
Diminishing returns are a pvp mechanic meaning you get less xp for players who've been killed "recently". Really nerfs the xp you get in open rvr, and to a certain degree scenarios too, doesn't have any impact on PVE kills.

In PVE you'll be hard pressed to find anywhere that can't be kept completely free of mobs by a competent group of 3 players making use of AOE (level dependant of course). Adding more players makes it a quicker clear, sure, but the total xp is still the same so you'll just end up idle half the time.

"Sheeeeeeeeeeeeit"

Offline vacuum

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • half man, half biscuit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2008, 06:07:30 PM »
So gents, our mission is clear, the call is 'Guild XP AoE group starting in Tier X - meet @ ...'

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2008, 10:05:31 AM »
You sometimes have to turn the Guild cloak on and off but it does, at least, show the guild colours.

Wii Console: 8123-9969-5753-1865

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2008, 10:43:53 PM »
WELL DONE TO ALL OF YOU GUYS!!!

Now did someone get the next tactic for the standard? (Am sure I left officers with that right :D)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline vacuum

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • half man, half biscuit
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2008, 08:57:40 AM »
Now did someone get the next tactic for the standard? (Am sure I left officers with that right :D)

Yeah, went with the magic resist one.

Offline Torgal

• HoJ Members
  • Literati
  • Livin' in Hamsterdam
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2008, 09:00:27 AM »

Yeah, went with the magic resist one.

Doombolt crits you for eight million (7 resisted)

"Sheeeeeeeeeeeeit"