Author Topic: EVE Online Thread  (Read 47279 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
EVE Online Thread
« on: November 16, 2008, 05:11:51 PM »
Here cos vac and I will keep hijacking other threads... ;)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Re: EVE Online Thread
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2008, 05:13:50 PM »
Hah, just made a new account and reinstalling the client as we speak to have another look at this.
Only thing I can play atm is free trials. Bank account is deadzorz. >_<

Are there any deals going on for returning players? Tried a few old links from newsletters, but couldn't find any valid ones.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 05:18:35 PM by Goatboy »
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2008, 05:23:27 PM »
Hah, just made a new account and reinstalling the client as we speak to have another look at this.
Only thing I can play atm is free trials. Bank account is deadzorz. >_<

Are there any deals going on for returning players? Tried a few old links from newsletters, but couldn't find any valid ones.

Please say its the Trinity client?!

No.

No deals at mo - however you can activate an account using ingame isk (get a 60 day GTC for about 600million isk) or get one from shatteredcrystal (US$35) and thats 2 months game time, or apparently there is a 21day trial via steam (regular one is 14days), again for no cost.

Ingame they are also letting owners of a 60 day GTC split it into 2 30 day licenses and sell them via the internal contract system or the market - I may or may not have one or two kicking about - If you do fancy sticking around for a while, i can always do a 30 day license cheap to a buddy :D

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2008, 05:25:03 PM »
Tech 3 ships arrive in March.  This is a shoddy video of the Fanfest presentation about them:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=k-DPqnifEIg

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2008, 05:30:37 PM »
For avatar fanatics - we get Walking in Stations next winter.  Including the ability to own bars, lease shops out rent "dancers" etc etc, make all the stuff for them and for the yarr'ers here show off your corpse collection!

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2008, 05:40:14 PM »
uhm there was a basic and a premium client...

My client says quantum rise on startup... so no.

Installed the basic as my laptop isn't getting any younger.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 05:42:13 PM by Goatboy »
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2008, 05:44:01 PM »
uhm there was a basic and a premium client...

My client says quantum rise on startup... so no.

Installed the basic as my laptop isn't getting any younger.

Basic = classic graphics - still amazingly gorgeous though. Cpu intensive at times.

Premium = Trinity - epically gorgeous. Less of a cpu hog too and more of a gpu hog.

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2008, 05:51:13 PM »
Hmm I'll give it a reinstall and see how it goes. Trying to choose a race atm. >_<

update:
Reinstalled premium, still says quantum something at startup.

For some reason I find the lack of direct ship controls (ASWD) not that dissapointing anymore.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 07:41:46 PM by Goatboy »

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2008, 10:41:56 PM »
For some reason I find the lack of direct ship controls (ASWD) not that dissapointing anymore.

Took me 3 trials over 2 years to get used to it, now I dont even think on it.

Although CCP have ideas to add that in Descent-like asteroid interiors they are thinking of adding... :)

Hell overall EVE is a great game, one that seems to really grow on a person every time then return, eventually returning for a long while - my case 2 and half years now :) Although many do get to a 7month hump which tests them, the time of "do I pvp, rat, build, do my skills ever get shorter to train again etc etc etc" :)

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2008, 07:48:58 AM »
I set out on a path towards being the uber trader in intergalactic lesbians and omnisexual beings.

Offline Jeremiah

• MAADI
  • Literati
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2008, 11:29:31 AM »
Hi guys - Eve player also.

two Amarr : Tyr Rak and Lannee Ennox.  Dipping my toes into 0.0 at the moment with the Armada Corp.  It is a great game to come and go from; even if I drop my sub, I would never kill my characters because I know one day I'll be back.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2008, 04:31:38 PM »
I'll add you to my Buddies Jere :)

Also for those thinking on EVE, let me buddy program you:

http://myeve.eve-online.com/news.asp?a=single&nid=2545&tid=1

The Buddy Program has been updated with new incentives for all parties involved. Players can now invite friends to EVE for an extended 21-day Trial, and for each trial user that becomes a subscriber, the person that invited them will get an extra 30 days of game time added to their account. Invite form and detailed information can be found on the Buddy Program page in Account Management.

» Each Active Subscription Account (trial accounts do not qualify for this promotion) can send Buddy Program invites.
  » Only accounts created through this emailed invite are valid for this offer. Be sure your friends use the invite to create their account in order for you to earn your game time when they subscribe to EVE Online.
  » Eligible subscription activations can be funded by any payment method except EVE Time Codes.
  » Trial accounts must subscribe within one week following the trial expiration to qualify for the promotion.
  » Please note that once your friend purchases an EVE Online subscription, your 30 free days may take up to 24 hours to be applied.
  » Buddies must activate their 21-day trial no later than December 1st.
  » Buddies must purchase a subscription to EVE online within 7 days of their trial expiring, in order for your free 30 days to be awarded.

Offer valid until December 1st. Don't miss out!

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2008, 06:09:16 PM »
Played the trial for a week before I played the WoW trial before WAR came out.

Kinda liked it, played some other space-trade games before, like Privateer 2: The Darkening (with Clive Owen as main char in the movies, long before he got in some bigger movies, we're talking 1996 here), but played it too short to get a good impression of the game.
Might give it another go if WAR ever gets too boring. Not planning to pay for 2 games at one time though... (let alone the impact 2 games would have on my study)
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2008, 06:11:52 PM »
If you do try it again - 21 day trial via steam, or the buddy thing as I posted above.

And lots of advice from me or vac or jere etc :)

But study>all :)

Offline Torgal

• HoJ Members
  • Literati
  • Livin' in Hamsterdam
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2008, 08:59:06 AM »
Privateer 2 was so good.

Order Torgal / Allein / Iapetus / Mellir / Ganymede
Destruction Stikklebrix / Mimas