Author Topic: What are we all currently playing?  (Read 51732 times)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
Re: What are we all currently playing?
« Reply #120 on: May 16, 2013, 12:30:12 PM »
try this one

I-SPENT-30-QUID-ON-IT-AND-ITS-BLOODY-BORING

Right ho, won't bother then :D

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 04, 2013, 09:28:22 AM »
Still playing World of Tanks and Dominions 3, and now also the RP-game UnReal World (which went free to play now that it has been constantly updated for over 20 years; I used to play it back in 2000 or 2001, but had totally forgotten about this little gem over the years, damn great to see it is *still* recieving updates regularily :)).

http://www.unrealworld.fi/

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 04, 2013, 05:42:27 PM »
When was the last graphics update again???

'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 07, 2013, 07:16:30 AM »
Last graphics update? Dunno. At least they are not using EGA graphics anymore; the game was updated to 800x600 VGA true-colours several years ago ;)  But you don't play the game for the gfx, but for the incredible depht of the game. It is not an easy game, the UI is archaic, and the less said about the gfx the better.

Everything in the game can be used for something, and most likely to stuff you didn't even think of first (like for example, I encountered a sleeping hunter, sneaked close by and stabbed him in the back until I was sure he wouldn't move anymore; he had some nice gear, but his shirt and cloak sadly were ripped (some bastard apparently had stabbed him with a knife in the back...) so I stripped the shirt to cords, those cords I used to build myself a bow and a couple arrows and did repair the cloak). Freedom like seen in very few games (in the league of EVE and DayZ regarding freedom to do what ever you want)  and the area is big enough that it would take *very* long time to explore it all. You can choose yourself if you want to be a hunter, a trapper, a fisherman, a cannibal, a farmer, a robber or any possible combo from those. The main thing is that you need to stock up food and you need shelter because winter is coming (if you don't have some sort of cabin with a fire-place (and lots of firewood stocked up) when the temperature hits -30 degrees, well, you can kiss your butt goodbye).

Offline Taith

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • Nommer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 07, 2013, 09:37:11 AM »
Playing a Romulan in Star Trek Online. Pretty good so far. I'm looking forward to getting myself a D'Deridex warbird.

I tried creating another Klingon character. They start at level 1 now. They've made it possible to select from several different HUDs, but they've also changed the default Klingon HUD from red to orange, which I find doesn't subliminally stoke me into a ludicrous rage. So now I can play a Klingon Empire character too.
DC Universe Online (EU PC): Psilance, Psion Hero, Noctirian, Sorcerer Villain
Neverwinter: Theron Dios, Control Wizard (Beholder)
Star Trek Online: Eric@TaithZero
SWTOR: Tarkanian, Sith Assassin (Progenitor) (Inactive)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 07, 2013, 10:31:42 AM »
I still have my toon on STO somewhere. Are the Klingons or Romulans available to all player, or do they require some DLC to be bought? Alternatively, can Federation players do stuff together with Klingons/Romulans now?

Offline Taith

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • Nommer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 07, 2013, 12:42:41 PM »
The three playable factions are available for all f2p players.

You can join the endgame Borg STFs with players of other factions, but levelling is faction-only. As for the fleet actions you can go into while levelling, I've never seen Klingons in Federation ones so I assume those are faction specific.

My Romulan has joined the Federation, so I can join Federation fleet actions. You can join the Klingon Empire instead if you choose.
DC Universe Online (EU PC): Psilance, Psion Hero, Noctirian, Sorcerer Villain
Neverwinter: Theron Dios, Control Wizard (Beholder)
Star Trek Online: Eric@TaithZero
SWTOR: Tarkanian, Sith Assassin (Progenitor) (Inactive)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #127 on: June 07, 2013, 01:12:49 PM »
Still playing EVE, but now i am playing the Space Politician update ;)

Also a lot of Simcity 4.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 07, 2013, 03:39:12 PM »
SC4 still > SC5 ?
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline lonadan

• Friends
  • Lurkers
  • BABYLON 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 07, 2013, 09:58:16 PM »
eve and grid 2 and kerbal space program
Only an idiot would fight a war on two fronts. Only the heir to the throne of the Kingdom of Idiots would fight a war on twelve fronts.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #130 on: June 08, 2013, 02:27:05 PM »

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 08, 2013, 03:15:24 PM »
Picked it up for a tenner but had a CTD earlier. Hoping the little steam fix that forces it to use 1 processor works. Any tips on good guides for SC4? So far I've understood that taking it slow helps, managing the budget tightly.
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline elv

• Friends
  • Literati
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 09, 2013, 09:39:39 PM »
started playng mass effect, really good storyline and great soundtrack enjoying it except for the driving tank bits which suck!

laters elv

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 11, 2013, 12:09:51 PM »
Finally got round to playing Batman Arkham City on the XBox. Flipping awesome game.

Also ordered some of the new Batman Miniatures from Knight Models based on the game, so will be painting those up when they arrive and trying to get a few games in.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #134 on: June 12, 2013, 07:37:33 AM »
It really is a good game isnt it.  Was blown away when I played it.