Author Topic: Witching Night  (Read 1924 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Witching Night
« on: October 28, 2008, 04:37:57 PM »
Witching Night
One of the many things I do is working out a plan for our live events. Just recently we all had time to look up from our computer screens to realize that Halloween was right around the corner and we’d like to provide some fun stuff to celebrate the occasion! So, you know what would be cool? How about a sneak peak at what we’re prepping for the Halloween season - known as “Witching Night” in the Warhammer universe when the divisions between the living and the dead grow thin, and the power of Shyish, the Purple Wind of Magic, waxes. Evil cults, witches, and necromancers use this time to their advantage, easily raising the dead and calling upon them to spread wickedness across the land.

I love those moments in Public Quests when, on the final stage, the enormous boss monster stomps into the area and the final, epic conclusion begins to draw near. What will that boss do? Will he cast a nasty DOT? Perhaps he’ll throw us all back into the aggressive monsters waiting along the fringes? It’s a great adrenalin rush! Also equally, if not more so, are those moments in RvR when you’re attacking the keep doors while the enemy pours down boiling oil, siege weapons are firing on both sides, and any moment you’ll storm into the Keep where the final outcome will be decided! You know what would be cool? What if we combine the two? In the skirmish areas around the entire world during the Halloween holiday, there will be boss monsters lurking for players to kill. They’ll have cool loot on them, of course, so players from both sides will want to take them down. I’m sure Order and Destruction will play nicely with each other and share equally with each other for the spoils of the fight – yeah right! What else would you expect from a Warhammer holiday? Trick-or-treating? Nah! Beating people over the head? Oh yeah!

Looking forward to this :)

http://herald.warhammeronline.com/liveevents/2008WitchingNight.php

Looks really really great - assuming GOA dont cock up the transition from US to EU...
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Taith

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • Nommer of Worlds
    • View Profile
Re: Witching Night
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 08:22:57 PM »
Evil cults, witches, and necromancers use this time to their advantage, easily raising the dead and calling upon them to spread wickedness across the land.

Heresy, eh? Well, my hammer knows what to do about that.
DC Universe Online (EU PC): Psilance, Psion Hero, Noctirian, Sorcerer Villain
Neverwinter: Theron Dios, Control Wizard (Beholder)
Star Trek Online: Eric@TaithZero
SWTOR: Tarkanian, Sith Assassin (Progenitor) (Inactive)

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 09:11:17 PM »
I was hoping they wouldn't resort to this and keep it serious. Oh well...
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Torgal

• HoJ Members
  • Literati
  • Livin' in Hamsterdam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 09:08:53 AM »
Oh excellent, I like to see how they have incorporated this into their "let's get everyone into rvr lakes" push. Should provide quite some population for the slaughter.

Order Torgal / Allein / Iapetus / Mellir / Ganymede
Destruction Stikklebrix / Mimas

"Sheeeeeeeeeeeeit"

Offline Torgal

• HoJ Members
  • Literati
  • Livin' in Hamsterdam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 12:49:57 PM »
Seems to start tonight? Running until sunday. I'm concerned that "several hours between PQ resets" will just kill it, seems a little excessive. If you wanna play for an hour, you're gonna get nothin' outta this unless you happen to get lucky. What, if I want to ensure I have a crack at playin the PQ, I have to set aside a possible 2-3 hours to ensure I get a go? Though I guess it'll have a timer countdown showin when the next reset will be. Still seems too much to me, people'll just leave in between PQs, rather than staying and slugging it out.

Order Torgal / Allein / Iapetus / Mellir / Ganymede
Destruction Stikklebrix / Mimas

"Sheeeeeeeeeeeeit"

Offline Axenar

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2008, 01:06:33 PM »
I'm away most of the weekend so will miss most of this.

Still it fits better than the one on Star Wars Galaxies. I dont play anymore but at random get the newsletter still and yes it seems Halloween has now shown up in the Star Wars Universe. Sounds like they're gtting desperate over there.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2008, 01:11:44 PM »
I'm away most of the weekend so will miss most of this.

Still it fits better than the one on Star Wars Galaxies. I dont play anymore but at random get the newsletter still and yes it seems Halloween has now shown up in the Star Wars Universe. Sounds like they're gtting desperate over there.

they still send me that newsletter too and evrytimei get it i go phew im so glad i dont play that anymore. and to think i used to love that game then they borked it with their NCU silly Sony.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)