Author Topic: Mang needs answers...  (Read 6449 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Mang needs answers...
« on: June 09, 2010, 01:26:52 PM »
Right, been ages since I played.  Which stats/atrributes are important for which class by SPEC.

(Playing my shammy at mo and pretty confused by what gear - she seems to be mainly Elemental).
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: Mang needs answers...
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 02:33:10 PM »
http://elitistjerks.com/f79/t57116-elemental_optimal_gear_item_discussion/

Thanks for that - and while it is on EJ - it has proven handy for me.

Why do I slate EJ I hear you ask. EJ is basically a terrible website and you should never go to it again.  It really is bad.  Never used to be though. Now its it's boring. And if there's one thing I can't tolerate, it's boringness. Secondly, half the information is incorrect or outdated at best. At worst it's just fucking stupid. Thirdly the pretentiousness quotient there is goddamn astronomical. Ask a fucking question and you'll be told to go read a 147 page thread and that the answer is in there 'somewhere.' 

I know I could use the official forums, but :terribads:.

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 03:33:04 PM »
Did you know Elitist jerks (the guild, that is) was formed by members of the Goons (the same Goons who were/are in EVE, that is)?

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2010, 03:33:37 PM »
Did you know Elitist jerks (the guild, that is) was formed by members of the Goons (the same Goons who were/are in EVE, that is)?

taht explains why they are TITS ;D
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2010, 04:05:20 PM »

Aye that I did - been an EJ reader/poster for a long time :) Until it got lame.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2010, 06:07:33 PM »
BG Marks dont exist anymore?

Just came out of a WSG on my priest and I never got one (we lost obviously - still did top healing :D).  So I assume they have been removed...
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 06:11:06 PM by Mangala »

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2010, 06:11:28 PM »
yup obsolete

"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2010, 06:12:07 PM »
BG Marks dont exist anymore?

Just came out of a WSG on my priest and I never got one (we lost obviously - still did top healing :D).  So I assume they have been removed...

dont get marks anymore get honour and buy things with that

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2010, 06:14:35 PM »
but dont worry end game seems to have 5 Million different token types that you seem to be able to exchange 1:1 so whats the point in having so many types?

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2010, 06:22:38 PM »
I like the mount changes.  Just bought all 4 nelf 60% mounts on my Priest.  The Dawnsabre is by far my favourite out of them all.

Theres achievements for mounts I take it? (10, 50, ?????)

PS Arathi Basin is 30+?

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2010, 06:35:13 PM »
not sure about mounts but there is for pets :)

Offline Dlarah

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2010, 06:54:23 PM »
There are mount achievements for mounts and if you manage to gather 100 you even get a blue dragonhawk.

BG marks are gone except for Wintergrasp. If you got any old marks from before the change you can turn them in for some honor.
Honor to buy stuff is quite easy to get even if you only run northrend instances while your faction got wintergrasp. Killing bosses then gives stonekeepers shards and you can turn in 30 shards  to get 2k honor.
Winning a random bg at 80 can net around 5k+ honor...
I spent most of my warrior's honor to buy lvl 60 pvp set for my just for looks.  :D

Weapons and the best gladiator stuff is kinda tricky to get as you need good rating and arena points(And i just refuse to do arenas).

Offline Kathras

• MAADI
  • Literati
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2010, 10:54:09 PM »
Flying mounts make the game stupid easy now.  Instead of wading through content, you just fly over everyone drop in on the poor bastard you need to kill and then fly out.  Getting tradeskill components is just as easy.
"Uncompromising men are easy to admire." - fictional character

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2010, 02:43:00 AM »
Not a question but a whine (how novel :D).

I froze XP on my DK for a while (Making gold and stuff), but thanks to barely anyone else doing this I cant get into BG's with him, as frozen xp folks get dumped into together.  This sucks, and I have no plans to unfreeze his xp for a long time.

Im mainly annoyed as its AV weekend (yes I know its the 10minute AV and not the half a day or more AV of waaaaay back, but its still AV)...