Author Topic: He shoots he scores! Bloodbowl the game!  (Read 38352 times)

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Re: He shoots he scores! Bloodbowl the game!
« Reply #135 on: October 08, 2010, 08:35:22 AM »
It'd be awesome to start a little HOJ league! HAven't gotten around to playing online yet, even though I seem to be able to now.
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 08, 2010, 08:43:50 AM »
It'd be awesome to start a little HOJ league! HAven't gotten around to playing online yet, even though I seem to be able to now.
I'd be willing to join that :)  If it is possible to admin more than one leage in LE then I can admin it too, if it is just one admined league per player as has been so far, then I will not be able to do that (as I am admining the league I have going on with my friends).

If you want to try out the online game, then lets settle for a date and time, and lets have a practise game; at least you will find out if your firewall and router settings allow you to play BB online  :)

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 08, 2010, 09:03:24 AM »
Now? :P

Shame to see they seem to have turned Halflings into a bunch of useless turds. They can dodge and pass like a mofo in the boardgame. :(
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 08, 2010, 10:12:10 AM »
Now? :P
I am at work now, and I have a game scheduled for when I get home. How about later in the afternoon, like 17 CET?

Shame to see they seem to have turned Halflings into a bunch of useless turds. They can dodge and pass like a mofo in the boardgame. :(
As far as I can see the halflings (as well all the other races too; which btw sucks, I personally believe human catchers should have STR 3 and humie blitzers should have access to agility skills too -> humans are supposed to be the best Blood Bowl race because of their adaptivity, but in reality they suck so hard it hurts because they are not strong enough nor agile enough) are exactly like they are in the latest board-game rules, so no difference there.

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 08, 2010, 01:59:07 PM »
I'm on cooking detail tonight, but thanks. :)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 22, 2010, 07:53:31 AM »
Those who did pre-order the Legendary Edition from Cyanide before October 20th got to download the game yesterday for Single Player gaming. The Internet gameservers are down for a week except for beta testing (betas and those who pre-ordered from Cyanide may participiate in the beta MP testing).

I played yesterday a Single Player game, and checked out the MP lobby interface.

Short review:
It is awesome :)

A bit longer review:
The main screen is clear now. You can check from options which skills you want to always be automatically used (like for example, you will always want to use Accurate even though it is according to the rule-books voluntary), which skills you want to manually choose (like for example Grab) and which skills you never want to use (can't think of any); the skills which you always have to use (like Frenzy or Bonehead) can't be toggled, just those which are according to the rulebook you may choose to use. All the skills of LRB6 are in the game now, which is a mega-improvement over the older version.

I played one game in SP yesterday with a Nurgle team, and I didn't notice any bugs. The missing features (Bloodweiser Babes, weather, missing skills and players (like Goblin bombardier)) are in now. The game uses LRB6 rules now which nerfs dwarfs and wood elves, but on the other hand makes passing game more lucrative (especially for AGI3 teams; a definitive boost to Humans and somewhat of a boost for Orcs, Skaven, Norse and Amazons). Compared to the older computer version of BB teams like Chaos and Dwarves will have a much more harder time, because there are now even harder hitting teams around (but Ogres, Nurgle and the various undead teams are really slow and bad with the ball, so against more agile and faster teams they suck).

In MP lobby the interface is much improved. You don't have to be French to understand the logic, things are obvious now. The first humongous improvement hits the face when you log in to the game servers: The game now remembers your login and password, *and* Enter works (so you do not have to attempt to click that miniscule OK button anymore)! In the lobby chat rolls in a separate window, friends & coaches are in another window, while you can check out teams, leagues, mail etc in a third window: All three windows are viewable at the same time now!

In all, I was pleasently suprised :) Cyanide has a history of making wonderful things with some mega-annoying quirks. I didn't stumble on such quirks now (of course, in the game the same logic as before is in effect, but that is fine now -> for example would hate to re-learn how to move in the game now that the movement system in the game is fianlly a spinal activity for me :) ).

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #141 on: October 22, 2010, 07:56:06 AM »
Tempted by this as its the one with all the extra races and so on isnt it, so apart from dlc or expacs id have te whole thing...  And knowing a few people here own it, could be a laugh to play together/against each other.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 22, 2010, 06:03:52 PM »
Poo! Forgot all about this. No Lego Universe this month then.  :'(

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #143 on: October 29, 2010, 03:09:56 PM »
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 29, 2010, 05:20:52 PM »
Thanks for posting that link! Ordering BBLE and Lego Universe!

Damn those Play bastards... their euro prices aren't what they used to be. :(
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 05:30:47 PM by Goatboy »

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 30, 2010, 05:21:48 AM »
Excellent! Lets get some games going once I am back from reservist training* :)

*Yeah, I still got a call in to training, although because I am over 40 I wouldn't have to go if I didn't want to. Then again, I am possibly quite a freak because I actually like being called to reservist trainings. It's so completely different from what I do otherwise, it's basically one week vacation :)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 30, 2010, 01:10:09 PM »
Excellent! Lets get some games going once I am back from reservist training* :)

*Yeah, I still got a call in to training, although because I am over 40 I wouldn't have to go if I didn't want to. Then again, I am possibly quite a freak because I actually like being called to reservist trainings. It's so completely different from what I do otherwise, it's basically one week vacation :)
+ male TLC ofc
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 09, 2010, 12:55:43 PM »
Got this now!