Author Topic: He shoots he scores! Bloodbowl the game!  (Read 38351 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
He shoots he scores! Bloodbowl the game!
« on: April 07, 2009, 05:48:24 PM »
http://www.bloodbowl-game.com/

Beta registration is up too:

http://www.bloodbowl-game.com/beta_registration/index.php

The game is a combination of a Wargame and a sports game The basics are extremely simple: two teams, one ball. The team that carries the ball into the opponent's end zone scores a touchdown, the team with the most touchdowns at the end of the game is the winner. However, it’s how you decide to do this that makes things interesting, the ends justify the means! It’s not just the players you have at your disposal either. You can bribe the referee’s to look the other way as you cripple or trample annoying opponents and hire illegal wizards to give you a hand directly from the crowd… Blood Bowl severely tests the finest tacticians' strategies
There are many races to accommodate every player’s profile and even more strategies for experimenting. Winning a game requires a strong game-sense and a lot of self-control.
For the player's enjoyment, omnipresent humor and the use of spells, weapons, and other non-regulatory means place Blood Bowl outside of the classic sport simulation genre.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Taith

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • Nommer of Worlds
    • View Profile
Re: He shoots he scores! Bloodbowl the game!
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 08:08:52 AM »
I played that once at a friend's place while waiting for the rain to clear. (They had invited me over to help them dig up the ground for a vegetable patch in their back yard. Afterwards they fed me butterbean lasagne.) Only had orcs and humans though, I think. Looks like you get to play a lot more races in this.
DC Universe Online (EU PC): Psilance, Psion Hero, Noctirian, Sorcerer Villain
Neverwinter: Theron Dios, Control Wizard (Beholder)
Star Trek Online: Eric@TaithZero
SWTOR: Tarkanian, Sith Assassin (Progenitor) (Inactive)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 10:58:20 AM »
used to play BB in my teenage years :) my Chainsaw wielding Goblin was the bane of many a team and had a love of killing star players so i hope all this is inthe game and more :)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 01:22:36 PM »
I know which team I will go for  :D

'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Gunnarr

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2009, 09:11:55 AM »
Thanks for that!
I registered and am now preparing for carnage. :)
<Rummages through some boxes looking for his warpstone collection>
"There is no Planet B." (Seen on a banner at Copenhagen)
Quoted for brilliance.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2009, 08:07:17 PM »
Im eagerly awaiting this - even if I dont get into Beta, I'll be playing this on release.  Looks damn awesome.

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2009, 10:57:45 AM »
Been drooling over this for years now... I still take part in table-top BB tournaments (altough I seem to fare worse now under 5th ed rules wher all my favourite exploits have been patched :P) every now and then, but back in the University where we had a league I played BB at least five games every week. I've tried to recruit the core of old BB group we had back then, and I think we will be there but not as many as I would like to see. If we get a BB group going here, I'll point them to come this way :)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2009, 04:04:04 PM »
Hurray!

Hello,

Congratulations! You have been selected to participate to the Multiplayer Beta of Blood Bowl PC!
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2009, 04:26:17 PM »
* Mangala sulks in a corner.

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2009, 04:36:00 PM »
Me and my son got in too :)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2009, 04:37:51 PM »
Me and my son got in too :)

* Mangala cuts himself.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2009, 04:47:53 PM »
they must have forgotten my email :(
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Gunnarr

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2009, 06:52:59 PM »
Mine too :(
"There is no Planet B." (Seen on a banner at Copenhagen)
Quoted for brilliance.

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2009, 09:07:57 PM »
Ok, the game will be absolutely fabulous, it's already great and it is still in beta! I would pre-order a couple copies now, if it just was available for pre-order :)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2009, 09:34:59 PM »
Ok, the game will be absolutely fabulous, it's already great and it is still in beta! I would pre-order a couple copies now, if it just was available for pre-order :)

I hate you so much right now.

Seriously though - tell us what you can, give pictures. anything pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease.