Author Topic: Karak Hirn is being closed.  (Read 13891 times)

Offline Pashur

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
Re: Karak Hirn is being closed.
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2009, 09:03:24 PM »
Tempted as I've been I downloaded and started playing half an hour ago. The free 10 days that is.
First thing I see is that all my high level guys are gone :(
I have nothing above level 5. Have any of you guys had this? Is it for the trial only or are they really gone?
I will of course contact Mythic etc.
First 30 min with a choppa, great fun, why oh why couldn't they make this game work. Nice graphics and the characters are so much nicer than in other MMOs. Humans in WAR you actually want to play. Well, I hope I get another 10 days next year.

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2009, 09:21:42 PM »
think all chars were transfered to karak-norn or karak-azgal it all depended on if you had any destro chars on any of those servers.

think most of us were sent to azgal.

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2009, 10:16:37 AM »
Go to the account managing site, you can check where your toons are and also transfer your toons to Karak Azgal from there.
http://www.war-europe.com/

Offline Pashur

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2009, 06:48:06 AM »
Go to the account managing site, you can check where your toons are and also transfer your toons to Karak Azgal from there.

So right you are. I found my toons back and moved some of them to Azgal.
I have played around with the Slayer and Choppa and I am having fun with these at low levels even though I know the futility of it.
I have to say it again, I really like the way the races and classes look in this game. I wish Blizzard would take a look at the WAR goblins.

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2009, 07:46:31 AM »
I have played around with the Slayer and Choppa and I am having fun with these at low levels even though I know the futility of it.
I have to say I like T1 and T2 better than T3 or especially T4... So much in fact that I have recycled some toons to be able to start over from rank 1  :o

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2009, 08:42:40 AM »
I guess t4 is still the steaming pile they made it??
Rather than the real draw of the game it should be.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2009, 08:48:45 AM »
I guess t4 is still the steaming pile they made it??
Rather than the real draw of the game it should be.

Yeah - they try and fix it, then make it worse.

Even the diehards I know are doing as Jarkko does - recycle chars over and over to just stay in t1/t2 now.   

The US is down to 6 servers and 3 of those are dying :S
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2009, 09:08:45 AM »
In other news, I really like the new and improved keeps/forts. Although defending inside has become even more impossible now, most of the PvP now happens at the gates; if the gates go down it is pretty much a PvE zerg to the commander (at least I've not witnessed a succesfull defense after the gate has gone down, but then again my experience is only from T2).

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2009, 09:10:04 AM »
In other news, I really like the new and improved keeps/forts. Although defending inside has become even more impossible now, most of the PvP now happens at the gates; if the gates go down it is pretty much a PvE zerg to the commander (at least I've not witnessed a succesfull defense after the gate has gone down, but then again my experience is only from T2).

Havent done fort stuff in lower tiers - all changed then?

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2009, 09:56:50 AM »

Havent done fort stuff in lower tiers - all changed then?
Yeah, new layouts at the keeps, and the keeps have new (and improved) looks. There are more ramps up, proper (and more) balconies. The defenders can no longer do a thermopylai by parking three tanks at the top of the stairs and just heal them and watch the keep lord rape the attackers (who can not be healed because there is no space for the healers on the stairs).

The last stand now happens at the keep door, but as there is no keep-lord killing the attackers there and the ranged classes have a line of sight (and WH's and WE's can get in from behind), the battle is pretty much doomed for the defender. The other option would be to guard all the stairs up, but I haven't seen that many defenders available in any fight.

I saw once a handful of destro trying to defend in the old way at the keep-lord, but they were overrun fast. Once the attackers get inside the keep, the defenders are pretty much doomed.

I guess siege weapons are much more important now, but attackers are much more keen to press on to a keep defended by players. It's no longer "Oh damn, there are three players inside, lets go to some other area", but I've actually seen the following shout "Get the gate down fast so we get in at them!", and that in a raid with 11 players on the attack (and we took the keep).

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2009, 10:44:10 AM »
dont make me enthusiastic about game again, plz :s
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2009, 10:58:45 AM »
Sorry, I just tend to get super excited about things, and blabber out of how wonderful thing it is, until I find something else new and shiny to catch my interest :)

That said, WAR is definitively a better game than it was a year ago. Personally I intend to stay clear of T4 though (well, not totally, intend to occasionally wander there too so that I remember how much more fun T1 and T2 are ;) ), but I certainly do hope T4 gets more interesting at some point.

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2009, 11:01:49 AM »
Doubt I'll get into it again to be honest.
The "RvR" they claimed was the selling point just became some damn "RvE" and battleground farm. Not the "fight for your realm and make a difference" I had hoped.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2009, 11:51:26 AM »
Sorry, I just tend to get super excited about things, and blabber out of how wonderful thing it is, until I find something else new and shiny to catch my interest :)

That said, WAR is definitively a better game than it was a year ago. Personally I intend to stay clear of T4 though (well, not totally, intend to occasionally wander there too so that I remember how much more fun T1 and T2 are ;) ), but I certainly do hope T4 gets more interesting at some point.

I'll agree there - the lower tiers are even better than they were on release.  However I have little hope for the endgame changing for the better.  Mythics main folks are slowly leaving, EA's influx is taking over, the servers are continually being whittled down.  yes there'll be an income to keep them going tech wise, but I keep having visions of EA doing to WAr what SOE did to Planetside...

Offline Taith

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • Nommer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2009, 12:52:21 PM »
I did quite enjoy the Guns of Nordenwatch scenario (if that's what it was called), particularly as an Archmage. The playstyle of trying to hold back behind my oblivious defenders and heal like mad suited me. I was sorry I never really got to play anything else. No one seemed to do anything but Nordenwatch at tier 1, and my PC couldn't keep up with tier 2.

I've no intentions of going back, but still, it had its moments.
DC Universe Online (EU PC): Psilance, Psion Hero, Noctirian, Sorcerer Villain
Neverwinter: Theron Dios, Control Wizard (Beholder)
Star Trek Online: Eric@TaithZero
SWTOR: Tarkanian, Sith Assassin (Progenitor) (Inactive)