Author Topic: code button  (Read 8348 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: code button
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2008, 03:24:34 PM »
I have too many accounts on that site.

I keep getting emails/passes mixed up - which results in lots of "you are doing it wrong emails".

I have finally written all of my logins down and am now spamming random combo's to see what works...
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2008, 03:27:34 PM »
check dev tracker at WHA seems theres going to be good news later today.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2008, 03:36:02 PM »
never had a single mail in reply at all, off to kill a balrog tonight (hopefully) so ill try later damn GOA .

at least this is still Beta id be most peeved if it was headstart.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2008, 04:03:21 PM »
Registered Monday evening, my request was registered. As of yet, no confirmation.
Registered Tuesday evening (15 minutes ago), my request was registered. As of yet, no confirmation.

Client just keeps kicking me out after too many 'false' attempts to log in.

I'm getting Spore tomorrow.
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2008, 04:24:54 PM »
seems they are bringing account creation back online tonight.

yeah that will help with the backlog of emails ::)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2008, 04:28:29 PM »
Noooooooooooooooooo!

One thing that annoys me in all this - they made it hard to remember passwords by asking for 2 digits as part of it as well as a capital letter......  Both of which deviate so far from my usual selection of passes :(

* Beosvir goes back to spamming for activation emails.

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2008, 04:31:21 PM »
strange about the capitol letter thing when i first created my account they asked for this.

but i could never get mine validated so i tried some weeks later and you didnt need the caps but you did need the digits.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2008, 04:59:03 PM »
So havent got an email yet, but am patching via the patcher using the login I tried days ago - now that i found the right email account for it (maybe i should streamline all my contact details to one or two not 6 or so....).

So fingers crossed the code has been applied but the email is slooooooooooooooow :D

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2008, 05:02:08 PM »
quite a few ppl have said they can get in without having got a email thats why i suggested trying the patcher a few  posts ago :)

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2008, 05:14:00 PM »
Although a lot of players are still queuing to have their codes validated and our technical teams are still working to improve that process, we still want to share the eighth edition of the guild highlights with you

From the latest news post.

I'll try forcing the client again shortly.

[edit]
Oh em gee... it's patching now after accepting a login that it had denied about 15 times before...

Now installing DirectX as that gave me a dll error...
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 06:08:45 PM by Goatboy »
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2008, 06:38:53 PM »
patching with no email recieved woot (i think) see you in game hopefully after a good attempt at battering this damn Balrog down ;)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2008, 06:51:38 PM »
patching with no email recieved woot (i think) see you in game hopefully after a good attempt at battering this damn Balrog down ;)

Good luck with the 'rog :)

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2008, 07:04:33 PM »
I'm in now... :)

Need to get a small fan to keep my laptop's temp down. Turned everything down low, looks crap, but hopefully I can get a new pc at some point!

See you in-game at some point!