Author Topic: 2009, what you looking forward too?  (Read 6552 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
2009, what you looking forward too?
« on: January 03, 2009, 12:37:46 PM »
So this year in life, culture, whatever what are you most looking forward too?
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
Re: 2009, what you looking forward too?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2009, 02:58:47 PM »
Beating this fucking illness and being able to "live" again is my aim for this year ;)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Gunnarr

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2009, 03:58:29 PM »
Movies:
Superhero: Watchmen, the new Wolverine, 9
Other genres: Must look into that. :)

Books:
Must look into that too :)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 05:24:23 PM by Gunnarr »
"There is no Planet B." (Seen on a banner at Copenhagen)
Quoted for brilliance.

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2009, 12:32:58 PM »
The birth of my daughter (8 weeks to go!). Then adjusting to family life with two little monkies, not just one ;D

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2009, 01:00:39 PM »
too many good movies this year :)

books wise ive got to catch up with all my Star Wars novels (Legacy of the Force series especially) and lots of other trashy Fantasy books.

Ive taken up 40K again so lots of painting etc to do

and i may just decide that single life isnt that good anymore, but when  you have "friends" like i do single isnt boring ;)

"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2009, 05:41:08 PM »
How about a get together sometime in spring?
Most of you guys are in the UK I think so it would be wiser to meet there.

April?

Wii Console: 8123-9969-5753-1865

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2009, 10:46:21 PM »
Beating this fucking illness and being able to "live" again is my aim for this year ;)

We're here for you "virtually" ;)

Personally looking forward to Star Trek's release, Empire Total War and continuing on in the 3 MMO's I dabble in - big aim here is to find that perfect balance between the 3 and with my life as it is now.

Big one for the early summer - Glastonbury!!!!  And some longer term time away towards the end of the year. Turning 30 this year so a big trip shall be needed to get over it, India or Centra;/South America some where...

Rub, I'd be up for a meet - April's a cow of a month for me, may would be nicer :)  Also not necessarily in the Uk - Paris (Eurodisney ftw - yes I know!) / Amsterdam etc?

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2009, 08:12:45 AM »
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 10:16:35 AM by Jarkko »

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2009, 09:01:48 AM »
However unlikely it seems getting a job is the only thing I hope for...  :-\

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2009, 11:27:42 AM »
meet would be cool, would depend of my cashflow by then though.
UK fine by me, NL even more cash friendly for me ofcourse  ;)
But I agree with Rub that UK might be best with >50% of HoJ living there I think?
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2009, 12:13:49 PM »
While a meeting would be nice, I don't think I have time to travel this year that much. Except to Denmark and Germany where I will be wuith my family for two weeks in June (we've hired a house in southern Denmark, we'll spend time in Legoland and visit friends in Germany, possibly even visit to Lueneburger Heide). And then I might travel somewhere to avoid hosting my 40-year party   :-X

Offline Malt

• HoJ Members
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2009, 12:41:26 PM »
I'm looking forward to attending the National Winter Beer Festival in Manchester at the end of January.

yum yum.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2009, 03:52:05 PM »
I'm looking forward to attending the National Winter Beer Festival in Manchester at the end of January.

yum yum.

Link for the lazy?

Offline Axenar

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2009, 05:48:11 PM »
Well I did have something major to look forward to but that's now gone so like most folks now just looking at the smaller things like computer games, all those movies and so forth. But in the immediate future like Caradir I'd like to stop feeling so flipping ill. Maybe even get to play some WAR for the first time in about 3 weeks.

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2009, 08:49:08 PM »
I is lookin forwardz 2:

Going to a search engine marketing conference for 3 days in London in Febs and having work pay for it.
Also seeing a former colleague there, so should be fun! If anyone needs some friendly real life wub or wants to squeeze my man breasts, let me know. ^_^

Otherwise, looking forward to an occasional game of Natural Selection and getting all my alien blasting skills back.
And finishing the apartment by destroying the loo and bathroom, merging them and sticking new units in. 
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.