Author Topic: Empire Total War  (Read 26017 times)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Re: Empire Total War
« Reply #75 on: January 03, 2010, 08:04:29 PM »
oh and re: chat: is Steam voice chat an option?
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 03, 2010, 08:11:12 PM »
great, scrambled text in some single player menus too now, what did i do?  :'(
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #77 on: January 04, 2010, 08:54:18 AM »
oh and re: chat: is Steam voice chat an option?

didnt think of that :)

Oh and if i havent said it already, it does allow for campaigns to be saved.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #78 on: January 04, 2010, 08:54:50 AM »
great, scrambled text in some single player menus too now, what did i do?  :'(

is this since you changed region in the steam settings?

As it could a clash of language?

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 04, 2010, 09:31:57 AM »
game menu was in english before too afaik (as translated stuff sucks most of the time, dont know how the germans and french cope with that, guess they're brainwashed enough)
anyway, thought of that too and changed it back, but havent tried it yet, if i remember correctly, will look into it later

how is the game in MP? how does the turnbased suck? who's winning?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V7zbWNznbs

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 04, 2010, 11:48:43 AM »
how is the game in MP? how does the turnbased suck? who's winning?

Its good, slower than SP due to having to wait on each players turn, so 10 mins each max 20 mins per turn, usually around 10-15 average i think we had, so 4.5 hours we managed about 5 years in game :)  so a 2 player game could last 40 ish hours, they need to be able to allow human players to have their turns at the same time.

as to whos winning, we have avoided fighting each other yet, although my rakes love being on English soil ;) and my prestige is roughly 3x Jons :D

My main fight is against the Barbary states who i wiped out then they regained 2 of their regions in uprisings :S and the Inuits who i wiped out :D
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 04, 2010, 12:18:29 PM »
Its good, slower than SP due to having to wait on each players turn, so 10 mins each max 20 mins per turn, usually around 10-15 average i think we had, so 4.5 hours we managed about 5 years in game Smiley  so a 2 player game could last 40 ish hours, they need to be able to allow human players to have their turns at the same time.

ah... that's how Jon meant turnbased... think it's due to game mechanics, hard to circumvent that unless whole game gets refurbished.

aye, think i'd prefer max 5 mins myself, it may cause some missed chances, but speeds up the players and thus the game

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #82 on: January 04, 2010, 08:11:17 PM »
I went with 10 as it seemed like a good idea on short notice (didnt realise how the mp actually worked).  5 would be good in early stages, but if a game got long enough in it may become too short...

Anyways biggest single issue is MORE PLAYERS per campaign.  1v1 is good, but a 3 or 4 person game would rock so much.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #83 on: June 12, 2010, 12:48:33 PM »
So - necro - as Saf can play MP now his ports are open.

1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1 or teams - if we get more people etc?

Try to find a regular day of the week to play this on?

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 12, 2010, 02:27:10 PM »
I'd be interested :)

But let's check if my forwarding ports (added ETW ports now) solves my problem first.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 12, 2010, 06:14:25 PM »
gah, it brokes my interwebz :(
only a hard reset on my modem got it right again...

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #86 on: June 12, 2010, 06:22:09 PM »
gah, it brokes my interwebz :(
only a hard reset on my modem got it right again...

:(

Ouch.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 12, 2010, 06:30:37 PM »
yeah it's odd, no clue what went wrong.
it included a problem I've had before: seeing 2 networks in my 'network & sharing center', but sometimes no connection at all - DNS giving probs etc.

i'll give it another chuck, but not too happy with what happened.
if a hard reset fixes all problems I get it's not so bad though - pretty easy to plug a pencil in that hole ( ::))
as long as it stays at that...

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 12, 2010, 06:34:03 PM »
pretty easy to plug a pencil in that hole ( ::))

bet thats what you say to all the girls
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 23, 2010, 09:47:08 AM »
Beth recommended this mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/darthmod-empire
looks very promising - downloading now