Author Topic: Empire Total War  (Read 25721 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: Empire Total War
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2009, 08:17:29 AM »
STEAM SUCKS!

It did 5 years ago - now its just its users suck at Steam ;) (Seriously, I aint a fanboi, but my only issues have been the same ones most had with Hl2 way back and nothing since).

Anyways, which edition did you get?

If one with extra units - special forces edition, the code for the actual game is on the back of the manual not on the flyer - thats the code for the special units.

=========

Also steam isnt being silly and trying to download the game while you install it all is it?

if so do this:

If ETW is appearing to download from Steam instead of installing from the retail disc, please try running Steam with the following:

Steam.exe -install d:

(eg in case the DVD is in the D drive)

Also check this thrwead on yuku:

http://shoguntotalwar.yuku.com/topic/45171
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 08:20:39 AM by Mangala »
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2009, 08:21:05 AM »
Anyways, which edition did you get?

If one with extra units - special forces edition, the code for the actual game is on the back of the manual not on the flyer - thats the code for the special units.

now steam sucks even more...

thx, nice hint  :D
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2009, 09:53:05 AM »
Manual in PDF format for all who got the game in electronic form:

(right click and save as...)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2009, 12:27:24 PM »
So, my British Empire isnt even close to being reformed in my vision :)

Ive spent the past 10 years (20 turns which tend to last ages for me while I spend my time deciding my goals that turn!)) making myself richer and whoring as many trade spots as I can and building commercial ports everywhere bar Portsmouth.

Yet to have more than the starting cities and Fort Rupert spawn either.

Loving it though!

Offline Jeremiah

• MAADI
  • Literati
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2009, 07:08:32 PM »
so when do we get the EMPIRE forum Mang?

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2009, 09:10:04 PM »
so when do we get the EMPIRE forum Mang?

Dont tempt me ;)

A TW or RTS/Strategy subset would probably be better....

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2009, 09:29:31 AM »
I cant choose as usual, so have conquered some german territories, do some trading, and try to kick off some pirates of my traderoutes...

... and fail utterly in the last thing. as bethor i have trouble with the seabattles. not being able to have the ships attack one certain ship AND steer them yourselves just gets to me.
plus still having trouble with moving grouped up units, made a screenshot yesterday with 4 units moving in one direction and 2 in the opposite when i tried to move them all to one spot.

for the rest: nice, nice   :D
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2009, 09:44:57 AM »
when gooing into ship battles, save it up front (there is a save option in the right top corner of the popup that asks you to either fight yourself, let the computer fight or retreat) That way you can practice battles. and actually win those you should win.
LORD HELMET:  I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's
former roommate.

LONE STARR:  What's that make us?

LORD HELMET:  Absolutely nothing. Which is what you are
about to become. Prepare to die.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2009, 11:35:18 AM »
ah, thx!
saving is all i do (and loading.....), but didnt notice the option to save in that screen

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2009, 12:53:48 PM »
personally i am getting the hang of those sea battles.. but they appeal less to me than the land battles (I especially like defensive land battles where you can make a nice defensive line with the sandbag thingies :D )

Too bad there isn't an option to put only the land battle difficulty up.

because eventhough i am getting the hang of seabattles i still suck at them. Although i occasionally win now :D
LORD HELMET:  I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's
former roommate.

LONE STARR:  What's that make us?

LORD HELMET:  Absolutely nothing. Which is what you are
about to become. Prepare to die.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2009, 07:30:21 PM »
The BBC did an article on Creative Assembly - the makers of ETW (Sega is the publisher, Vavle own Steam the digital side of the whole games package).

Find it here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7932414.stm

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2009, 04:38:41 PM »
New patch (1.3) later today, as part of which 14 free units are given:

14 Free Units have been included in this patch, adding a large amount of diversity to the playable factions and the armies the player will face. These units replace ‘generic’ equivalents giving each faction a unique identity on the battlefield. Here is a description of each free unit available in the update:

Prussian Grenadiers

Wearing a distinctive brass fronted mitre cap, the Prussian Grenadiers are an explosive force to be reckoned with on the battlefield.

Spanish Guardias de infateria

These elite guard infantry are charged with protecting the monarch and are a potent force on the battlefield.

Swedish lifeguard horse

This cavalry regiment forms part of the monarchs’ household guard. Superbly drilled, they act as a shock force on the battlefield.

Holland Horse Guard

Armed with heavy cavalry sabres, these disciplined cavalrymen represent the elite of the army.

Prussian Garde Du Corp

The Prussian Garde Du Corp are a replacement for the Prussian standard Household cavalry. These heavy horse shock troops are best used to break enemy lines and overrun enemy positions. With a strong charge and fearsome attack, these riders make short work of those who would oppose a Prussian monarch.

Prussian Life guard

The Prussian life guards are equipped similarly to line infantrymen. However their uniforms are altogether more splendid, marking them out as a superior force, in arrogance if nothing else. They do a good job as garrison troops and are dedicated to the crown.

Russian Grenadiers

This new Russian unit is great for assaults and their grenades pack a mighty punch!

Spanish  Guardias De Corp

The Spanish Guardias De Corp replace household cavalry for Spain. With almost unbreakable morale, on the charge they are almost unstoppable.

Spanish Grenadiers

These are a replacement for the standard Spanish Grenadiers with a distinctive bearskin hat to mark them out as exemplary on the battlefield.

Swedish ‘Lifeguards of foot’

These are a highly trained replacement for the standard Swedish guard. They are often used as a force in a system that defends a monarchy and can be relied upon for utter loyalty and deadly accuracy in the field. Their professionalism is reflected in their fearsome battle reputation.

Holland Guard

The Holland Guards from the United Provinces are superior line infantry units. Carrying smoothbore muskets, they were traditionally chosen to protect the royal family and have an incredibly high morale, often making them the last troops to break in a fight.

Scots

The Scots are a Highland ex-patriate infantry used by the United Provinces, renowned for their deadly charge.

Swiss Infantry

Very disciplined infantry of the United Provinces with quick reload and excellent marksmanship.

Mamelukes

Mamelukes are fearless light horsemen, deadly when deployed against a broken or unsupported enemy.

Additionally the Spanish nation has had a new uniform design to better reflect its historical look.

Rest of the notes here:

http://blogs.sega.com/totalwar/2009/06/18/update-13-features-list/

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #57 on: December 29, 2009, 08:05:31 AM »
ITS ALIVE!!!

http://www.totalwar.com/empire/beta/

Signing up so fast for this.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 29, 2009, 09:08:12 AM »
same  :D

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 01, 2010, 05:35:33 PM »
so, anyone up for a coop-campaign?