Author Topic: Empire Total War  (Read 25086 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: Empire Total War
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2009, 08:47:49 AM »
Posting from inside steam and ETW - never knew it had a web functionality on steam :)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2009, 12:09:27 PM »
hmm. apparently i've effectively got 7 days to play E:TW. (apparenly released the 3rd on steam, and eve will be released the 10th)

cant they invent 48 hour days... (preferably with 8 hours work a day :) )
LORD HELMET:  I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's
former roommate.

LONE STARR:  What's that make us?

LORD HELMET:  Absolutely nothing. Which is what you are
about to become. Prepare to die.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2009, 12:10:31 PM »
ugh, a 2 GB download for 2 trials and 2 battles
had hoped for more...

is it just me or are the units much less predictable than in RTW?
could be that i lost touch with how xTW-units work, but I still have the feeling that RTW units just did what i wanted them to do (most of the time)
in ETW, they just... dont do what i want them to do...
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2009, 01:58:36 PM »
I was surprised the demo was 2 gig too. I "think" it is becouse in fact you have the complete game minus a few to unluck the whole game (this is just a guess) so that when you actually buy it you have it rather quickly.

That is a guess, but it would seem it is rather small for that option.

Anyway i noticed too and also wondered why :D

as for the units, land battle went as i wanted it. am glad i can use wasd now.. cant do that with M2:TW. I even felt they responded better in E:TW than in M2:TW. Had a bit more problems with the sea battle. Than again i only did that once. :D and in the tutorial i had no probs. the battle was a whole diffrent story :D

Haven't got experiance in R:TW. so really have no say about that
former roommate.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2009, 03:49:34 PM »
what bothers me the most in TW games is that when you move multiple units they place emselves in the distribution they were before, not as a neat line

or there must be a shortcut to fix that i forgot about / never knew about
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2009, 11:46:01 AM »
guess what just arrived in the post and is being installed?  :D
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2009, 12:01:33 PM »
scrap that stupid steam activation means i cant play it yet Grrrr i have the fucking disc let me play already :S
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2009, 12:36:04 PM »
I remembered something on steam that people who purchased via steam could play it sooner (today) than the people who ordered the disk.

not sure though. but will let you know later today :)
former roommate.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2009, 01:11:40 PM »
I remembered something on steam that people who purchased via steam could play it sooner (today) than the people who ordered the disk.

not sure though. but will let you know later today :)

nah all activation at 5GMT and at least i dont have to download the huge install files as ill have them on disc, i bet steam falls over like it did when DOW 2 came out a few weeks ago ;)  but then im a cynic

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2009, 04:39:02 PM »
Im sitting here waiting for the activation time.

Wish steam had an F5 refresh option for the timer :D

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2009, 06:41:32 PM »
well downloading mine. guess ill play eve now :D

former roommate.

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2009, 09:06:39 AM »
Hmm, as i am dutch i played the dutch (a bit, spend most time on the couch with my gf)

and when sieging a town with the dutch they said something that sounded to me as "beledigen" what means insulting. and it should have sounded as "belegeren" which is in fact sieging. :D

Als the dutch voice was kinda weird. as i under stand dutch it should have sounded familiar. like the dutch in the colonization 2.

But it looks aw droppingly good. and plays like a charm, although the load times are still pretty long imo.

played 2 turns just to see what it could do. Hope to start a real campaign soon :D

But first impression is, I'm impressed!

I wonderd, is it me, or is it, that after a time, a powder fog appears above the battlefield. I had the impression it did and it was more at the location where my cannons were shooting at the town.

former roommate.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2009, 06:26:29 PM »
sea battles rock

just dont start a war in America and Europe whilst at war in India lol hectic isnt the word for it ;)

excellent game i especially like the research they added :D

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2009, 07:14:55 PM »
<speechless>

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2009, 09:35:58 AM »
Well, I am no longer in the near overwhelmed state I have been the past day or so.  I am loving every minute of this game though, be it defeats or victories, or growing my farms, towns and ports.  I was a little taken back by how much territory I start out with as Great Britain, but having got to grips with its quite a good footing to start on - again the brits feel like a "starter" Empire, but with a complexity over the horizon that is really looking good :)

I am loving land battles and the sea battles - just wish there was a way for me to have my nay bombard places on coastlines, would be a great aid when assaulting harbour cities and such like.

I can see this devouring my freetime for quite a while - especially with it having achievements now in Steam :D