Author Topic: Left 4 Dead  (Read 34578 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: Left 4 Dead
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2008, 08:04:36 AM »
Played it at the weekend co-op mode on my mates machine. Brilliant fun. Nowt scarier than waking up a Witch though.

Having a Tank land on you comes close for me.

Or when you set off a car alarm in a crowded area...
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2008, 05:18:45 PM »
The 45-50 euros that Steam charged you put me off, but I've noticed the price has dropped to as low as 27 quid on Play.com.

Might get it soon if I figure out if Source runs on my machine!
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2009, 08:51:14 AM »
has been released today free to all owners of the game

Survival Mode

New gameplay Mode

16 maps including Last Stand

Leaderboards

7 new achievements

Versus Changes

2 new versus campaigns

Fixed a case where versus team score would continue to be recalculated after the score panel was displayed

Fixed an issue with recalculating the versus score health bonus for a player when they are rescued from being incapacitated

Fixed being able to start a swing as an infected, then teleport to the survivors and have the claw swing hit a survivor

Fixed a case where teleporting to the survivors would not reset the ability timer

Fixed an exploit where you could load the chamber of a weapon with bullets by holding down the melee key

Fixed a case where it was not possible to join a game while it was in a finale

Fixed a rare case where listen servers would speed up the game over time

Removed convars related to melee fatigue

Fixed a case where infected players would get a respawn time on their initial spawn into a map

Server Changes

Made ms_force_dedicated_server not require cheats

Add a message when queuing a heartbeat

Simplified setting of game mode

Removed convars director_no_human_zombies and director_holdout_mode

Added mp_gamemode [coop,versus,survival]

General

Added lobby join and leave messages

"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2009, 08:23:10 AM »
http://store.steampowered.com/app/500/

L4D 40% off all weekend, and today is a free day (download and play till midnight for nothing) :D

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2009, 07:46:24 PM »
Left 4 Dead 2 takes place in the South of the USA, beginning in Savannah, eventually reaching New Orleans. There’s four new characters to play, each with back-stories to be hinted at in their conversations. Coach is a high school football coach from the Savannah area, used to leading the kids, comfortable in his life, and perhaps not enamoured by the arrival of a zombie attack. There’s Rochelle, from Cleveland originally, working for a cable news network. She’s producing a segment on this strange story occurring in Savannah, and gets caught up in the events. Ellis is a Southern boy mechanic, an enthusiastic but smart guy with a “Southern flair”. Finally there’s Nick, a gambler and a conman, unsure of his company and cynical about the events.

Not much more info yet beyond a Nov 17 release date.

Yay for E3 being held again and oo shiny factor :)

Trailer:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-left-4-dead/49967
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 07:48:01 PM by Mangala »

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2010, 10:13:41 PM »
For those who havent got it yet (or joined our group) Left 4 Dead (first one) is on sale for £4.40is)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/500/

we should play that again was fun (no ihavent bought 2 yet)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Gunnarr

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2010, 08:58:23 AM »
I'd be up for a L4D game (haven't played it in ages though, so I'll suck!)
Pretty busy atm, but I'm keen to see if I can join if a game gets planned.
"There is no Planet B." (Seen on a banner at Copenhagen)
Quoted for brilliance.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2010, 09:46:02 AM »
I just boughtsit - will take me a while to dl
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2010, 10:07:57 AM »
I just boughtsit - will take me a while to dl

He's infected, kill him!

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2010, 01:12:08 PM »
my slow ass connection has a slow ass
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2010, 01:18:08 PM »
my slow ass connection has a slow ass

bet it has a sexy wiggle though.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2010, 05:25:46 PM »
witch is scary  ???

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2010, 07:42:01 PM »
so I suck at versus and am sure I suck at the rest too, but still...

when shall we do this?

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2010, 08:47:23 PM »
so I suck at versus and am sure I suck at the rest too, but still...

when shall we do this?

Saturday or Sunday afternoon good for everyone? (Id prefer saturday if Murray gets to the mens final, if he doesnt then sunday is good too)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2010, 10:41:24 PM »
both would be alright for me i guess