Author Topic: Greatweapons vs Sword 'n Board  (Read 5069 times)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Re: Greatweapons vs Sword 'n Board
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2008, 08:02:33 AM »
I'll go and test vs siege-pads, they shouldn't run around that much and I shouldn't need to heal myself too much :p

Offline Torgal

• HoJ Members
  • Literati
  • Livin' in Hamsterdam
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2008, 08:08:16 AM »
I've been using CombatLog, I don't recommend it very highly, but it does the job adequately - it's not very intuitive, and it's a little intrusive on the UI (though it does have a 'hide' button).

I think I'll try out that CC addon.

For the record, I've been playing my wife's White Lion a bit, and auto attack damage is maxing out at 30%, usually more like 27-29%.

Order Torgal / Allein / Iapetus / Mellir / Ganymede
Destruction Stikklebrix / Mimas

"Sheeeeeeeeeeeeit"

Offline Stephen

• HoJ Members
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2008, 10:52:57 AM »
I edited some of my numbers as they were wrong, but they were mainly to do with the mitigation.

Overall, the analysis stands.
Daethoron - Swordmaster
Thordir - Ironbreaker

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2008, 12:54:06 PM »
Went to whack rank 40 destruction siege pad. Forgot to take along the 1-hander, so testing with that in a moment once I go and grab it.

With Greatweapon it took me 9 minutes 28 seconds to kill the rank 40 pad. Once accidently hit Smite instead of Guilt of Weight :-[ , but else I kept up the cycle I think is best (always have Castigation and Sigmars fist up, use Divine Assault and Guilt of Weight always when off from cooler, and smack Bludgeon always when none of the four other actions was needed.

Personally I am surprised at just how good Divine Assault is :o

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2008, 01:41:30 PM »
Ok, its not comparable. The pad has apparently 2500 health, but it slowly heals itself, and I dont understand why the first pad died after 2090. It took 15 minutes 24 seconds to kill that same pad. Hopefully a more DPS oriented class can try to kill one a bit faster.

Used the same cycle as for sledge, used Smite one time too to not skew it up because of that.

Now I need a coffee-break before I'll ponder if there is anything to be concluded from this. Next time I'll come up with something a bit more exiting, like watching paint drying for example...

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2008, 02:19:55 PM »
To make it more interesting, the numbers don't match. I believe the addon didn't count for everything and/or is not working as intended.

Anyway, I did put the data to an Excel sheet (minus the Smite) and did a comparison on a per second -basis. For the brits out there, notice that over here we use the French system in decimals, ie the comma is the decimal marker (and the dot is the marker for thousands).

EDIT: And now with the correct picture :o

EDIT2: Argh, stupidity hurts. I guess time should not be counted as a damaging ability... Updated the chart.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 02:28:58 PM by Jarkko »

Offline Gunnarr

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2008, 12:16:27 AM »
It's slightly off topic, but close enough imo :) Here's some interesting numbers!
http://disquette.wordpress.com/warhammer-online-melee-combat-mechanics/

Enjoy! ;)
"There is no Planet B." (Seen on a banner at Copenhagen)
Quoted for brilliance.

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2008, 05:02:05 AM »
Interesting article Gunnarr!

The interesting part is that weapon DPS affects the special attacks. So, if a Greatweapon has DPS 40 and 46 from 230 strength*, and a similar level 1-hander has DPS 28 and 42 from 210 strength*, they effectively become 129 and 105 plus the ability damage (minus armour and toughness).

Indeed, Greatweapon comparable effectiveness is getting lower with high strength. Greatweapons still provide a greater burst, and I believe they are way more efficient in a fluid situation. However, is that better than offsetting the survivability of sword and board? *HOWEVER* I am *very* confident that in a multi-tank situation where there is a "main-tank" that recieves the main-pounding, it is most likely way more efficient for the *group* survivability to have the other tanks use Greatweapons for the extra damageoutput (and thus the opponent croaking faster, which means less damage recieved for its target(s)).

*These numbers are for my WP in the above screenshots when Sigmars Fist is in effect