Author Topic: How's everyone doing?  (Read 4148 times)

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
How's everyone doing?
« on: April 19, 2020, 06:20:46 PM »
Things are pretty bonkers in the world at the moment.

I quit WoW Classic a while back because I couldn't find a balance between the game and work/household. Playing Minecraft on and off to stay sane. Gaming is the only thing that really turns off my brain regarding real life for a bit, like a wonky form of meditation.

Other than that things are fairly stable financially for a change after years of struggling. Gf got a new job in January after being unemployed for a while and can luckily work from home. She watches a lot of anime the rest of the time to unwind. I've been living that quarantine/social distancing life for years now, so doing well there. Websites are still chugging along making some money.

Managing the mental side of things without antidepressants isn't always successful, but it's been better now that the initial anxiety about this worldwide mess has settled down. The time I manage to effectively work I'm restoring an old dog website to its former traffic and financial glory (and later a cat one as well).

Since we're both massively overweight I am trying to grab an online grocery delivery slot so I can cut that bullshit out of my life as well. Even though a local supermarket is so quiet after 9pm it quite literally nearly made me cry out of happiness, if I don't have to go I'd rather not. Spend that time taking a walk in the forest and heathland next door instead.

So many dishes to do now though. So many dishes.  :'(

Hope you guys are well and not hit too hard by what's going on. And if you are, that it will improve quickly.
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Re: How's everyone doing?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2020, 02:11:22 PM »
Hi, not often any activity here.
I'm not hit that badly, working from home or more exactly from the countryside (dads old place, he passed in september...)
Playing way to much classic, horde side on Zandalar tribe.
Other than that mostly work, and more work… interspaced with some dreaming about sailing (new/old interest, got myself a sailboat 2 years ago)

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Re: How's everyone doing?
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2020, 12:52:18 PM »
Yeah I know. But it's more permanent than a message on Discord.

Sorry to hear about your dad passing away. <3

A place in the countryside sounds like a nice spot to be at the moment.

I got Rimworld last week. Big mistake. Hard to peel myself away from it. Much more enjoyable than Prison Architect was for me.

Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.