Author Topic: Hunting!!  (Read 7721 times)

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Hunting!!
« on: September 29, 2013, 04:14:21 PM »
Silly I know but I'm so happy :D
I've just today managed to get the last parts of my hunting licence done :)

Now to get a rifle and shoot all the little or larger critters I'm allowed to shoot in the forest :)

(Benefit of having property hehe I have somewhere to hunt, which on a sidenote I'll be the owner off by january 1st as my dad is transfering it to my brothers and I)

When/if I manage to score my first critter I'll post it (perhaps hehe unless Jon disapproves of course)

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Re: Hunting!!
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2013, 09:14:37 PM »
My old barber goes hunting every weekend. Is it for sport or for population control?

I like my meat (wink wink), but killing animals just for the hell of it is something I've never quite understood. If it's for food or population control, then I get it.

I remember my dad skinning a few hares, that an acquaintance shot, in our backyard. Intestines are loooooooooooong. Because of the ammo used, we had to be super careful eating it and watch out for bits of it. Bit silly.

I also remember a lot of chickens being slaughtered at an old farm next door. White chickens. Yeah... Big ole pile of bloody chicken heads next to the chopping block. Headless chicken corpses flapping their wings. Some running around the courtyard because they actually escaped the bucket. That was equally funny and scary. Bloody streams running all the way down the farm yard.

Yeah... I'm going to fry me some nuggets. 
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 04:28:18 PM »
Food :) of course :) healthy natural food. Would never shoot an animal just for fun.

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 05:06:40 PM »
Yay. And I forgot: grats on the license! :D

What do you need to do to get a license where you live?
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2013, 06:12:46 PM »
Have to first pass a theoretical test consisting of laws and species recognition. After that to get to shoot you need to pass shooting tests consisting of shotgun, basic rifle and moving target rifle.

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2013, 07:30:16 PM »
Sounds like quite a responsible system.
Do you have your own rifle? If so, can we have a pic?
How big is the property you'll be inheriting? And where was it you're currently located again?

And more importantly, can you shoot us something tasty and can we come over and eat it. :D
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 07:34:13 PM by Goatboy »

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2013, 04:23:32 AM »
Not yet :)
Going to go look for a rifle this weekend then it will take some time to get the licence for that as well haha

The property is about 43 hectares and is about 100km northeast of Stockholm.

As for shooting tasty stuff, I will of course only shoot tasty stuff :)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2013, 09:04:22 AM »
Well done dude.

I expect pics of guns and critters.

And recipes for said critters too :D
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2013, 05:16:12 PM »
Gun pic comming as soon as I get my weapons licence... 16 weeks in my county haha (in the neigbour county its about 4 weeks to process).
But I've reserved a cheap rifle in 8x57 JS (the german ww1-ww2 rifle caliber). Should serve me enough for a few years.

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2014, 05:37:14 AM »
On "popular" request :)
Pic of my gun (rifle actually but :D)

Annoying is I'll have to lug around a key for the safe all the time due to regulations on storage of weapons haha.

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2014, 05:59:55 PM »
Which animal do you intend on ruthlessly murdering first?

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2014, 06:14:03 PM »
Which animal do you intend on ruthlessly murdering first?

Deer or pigs :P