Author Topic: surviving-in-day-z  (Read 46778 times)

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Re: surviving-in-day-z
« Reply #90 on: May 26, 2012, 05:56:08 PM »
Ok, I'll head towards it next time I log on.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 26, 2012, 06:01:33 PM »
If you are lucky you may find a bigger pack or a map or compass and if truly good a Winnie to shoot zombos with
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #92 on: May 26, 2012, 07:08:02 PM »
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 26, 2012, 07:52:36 PM »
Sweet, sweet beans.
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 27, 2012, 12:51:24 PM »
Patchy patchy
DayZ Build 1.6.0 Rolling Update
UPDATE : 27 MAY 2012

Affected addons:
* dayz_code 1.6
* dayz_equip 1.2.5
* dayz_weapons 1.1.2
* dayz 1.2.6
* dayz_sfx 1.1.2

Developer's Note:
* To collect firewood, you can either find it in loot piles, or go into a forest and use the hatchet (gear > Right Click). I will expand this mechanic but its enough for now.
* You get a ONE TIME OFFER to change your player gender!
* Only two types of new skins are available in this update, "Camo" and "Ghillie Suit" in addition to normal survivor
* Skins a player is wearing are NOT lootable.
* When you change skin (right click on clothing package in inventory) your old skin will appear in inventory
* If you want a players skin, you will need to make them take it off first

Changelog:
* [FIXED] Bodies being deleted immediately (now will stay around for 15 minutes)
* [FIXED] Player profiles sometimes corrupting and causing stuck in loading issues (error handling by engine)
* [FIXED] Temperature listed in percent and not degrees (now displayed in degrees)
* [FIXED] Loosing temperature inside vehicles (now will slowly gain or be static in vehicles)
* [FIXED] ItemPainkillers popup error (no longer happens: thanks Norbert!)
* [FIXED] Spawning in Ocean when switching models (player morphing optimized by TeeTime)
* [FIXED] Loosing gear when switching models (player morphing optimized by TeeTime)
* [FIXED] Wrong M107 is spawning on occasion (Correct one spawns)
* [FIXED] Crashed heli uber-loot not spawning (does now thanks to GhostBear!)
* [FIXED] Wire Fencing Kit caused graphical glitches (new model)
* [FIXED] Tank Trap Kit caused graphical glitches (new model)
* [FIXED] Invisible character models occuring (No longer invisible models)
* [FIXED] Panic not being activated (Your character will sometimes panic)
* [FIXED] Blood washout sometimes not being displayed (now will always wash out color depending on blood level)
* [NEW] Hatchet for chopping wood in forests
* [NEW] Wire Fencing kit model by Artyom Troshin
* [NEW] Tank Trap kit model by Artyom Troshin
* [NEW] Construction options moved to items in gear menu (right click wire fencing kit to use etc...)
* [NEW] Hospital Loot Spawn probabilities changed
* [NEW] Players can choose to be a female survivor (once only per CD-Key)
* [NEW] Heat packs for increasing temperature in an emergency
* [NEW] Bandit Skin transition for low humanity is removed
* [NEW] Players will receive an error message if the server they are on is running an incorrect HIVE version
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #95 on: May 27, 2012, 12:52:19 PM »
updatingzors!

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 29, 2012, 06:55:26 AM »
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 01, 2012, 02:33:52 PM »
I'm not very good hehe
Died a few times last time i spawn in elektros harbour. When I've managed to get out of the town I have 2! shots remaining in my gun but at least a map, binoculars and watch, I'm so dead soon haha

Seems I'm worse of than i remembered hehe 0! shots and about 8k blood :) hmm I'm soo dead
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 07:13:53 PM by peo »

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 04, 2012, 08:33:03 PM »
LORD HELMET:  I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's
former roommate.

LONE STARR:  What's that make us?

LORD HELMET:  Absolutely nothing. Which is what you are
about to become. Prepare to die.

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 05, 2012, 10:44:13 AM »
Had a geest game the other say. Me an 2 guys were playing dayz. We were close to cherno and would meet on the beach. I found One of the guys soon enough and we were going for the other guy walking along the beech. And we met hun soon enough. sproke hun on voice. And he was where. We were right next to you. And we GoT the reply. ah i see you. Who is the other guy. And we were like WTf. Apparently some other guy spawned between us. Needless to say we shot the guy and took his stuff. But ut was Funny as hell.

Later me an One of the guys were in a building in cherno. And he sales me. Is that you. Followed Bh. Dude Wbt die you shoot me. Apparently the guy WHO shot my friend only saw One of us. So i popped hum with my 1911pistol. And thats how i got a camo suit and a remmington with atrached flashlight.

I really love this game.
former roommate.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 05, 2012, 04:34:35 PM »
I really love your typing  ;)
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 05, 2012, 05:25:23 PM »
I really love your typing  ;)

yea fucking phone keyboard with dutch language setting.
former roommate.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 05, 2012, 06:32:34 PM »
 ;D
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #103 on: June 07, 2012, 08:25:10 PM »
Gary Gannon Spends Some Time With DayZ On E3's Showroom Floor

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/pc-games/e...howroom-floor/

Sum up:
Please bare in mind that all listed things are unconfirmed/rumors/speculations!

- Dean Hall was taken off arma 3 team to focus on dayZ exclusively
- more units sold of arma in the past 60 days than they have sold in the entire life time of arma
- they currently want to keep it alpha
- they want to make it easier to install (get the mod into a client version)
- servers: there may be the idea as a long term goal to build something like the tranqulity servers (similar to EVE online servers)
- they internally talk about one single large world/server everyone is on (MMO)
- they want to take some of the arma 3 tech (that wont be ready for the release of arma 3) and might be using it to build downloadable clients
- mod to work pretty well with the arma 3 internal build
- they are considering using the arma 3 engine to release a stand alone version of the mod (which may take place in WW2/1944 invasion)
- they think about charging for stand alone version but for a much lower price point (less than for arma 2 and OA)
- making the map even larger than it is
- every building enterable

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 08, 2012, 09:36:07 AM »
Sounds like a good plan. Think 1 persistant server where players can do everything from roaming endlessly to building "empires". Like Eve but completly without high sec :)
Include some sort of industry etc and a really seriously large map (western us from California to Texas or something) random spawn within the zone you died (to enable Groups) apart from the first spawn when you choose one region to spawn in... Meh im silly