Author Topic: surviving-in-day-z  (Read 46858 times)

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Re: surviving-in-day-z
« Reply #75 on: May 22, 2012, 03:56:40 PM »
I will most likely change my mind after I get raped in the face, but I think I'll try hailing them on voice comms first if avoiding them is imposibble. But be agressive about it and tell them to leave or die. Not going to trust anyone to not shoot me.
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 22, 2012, 04:33:17 PM »
infection

Might explain the previously unexplained camerashake Garry (and myself before I died) is experiencing?

Also: Winny nerf is a total bummer  :'(
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 22, 2012, 05:04:33 PM »
Fired a shot with winny to test the sound; It didnt seem that much louder. It did atract a zombie though, but I was on a steep hill, so w.e.  :D
What I'm more concerned about is the nerf of the power. Haven't tested that yet.
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 22, 2012, 08:55:49 PM »
well we stalked some dudes who it seems were also being stalked by a bandit, he killed them we killed him then we died to gunfire from somewhere.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 22, 2012, 08:58:05 PM »
Oh, and winnies are still cool  8)

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 22, 2012, 10:32:42 PM »
I think Winnie sprouted my fondness of chocolate ladies.

So I think that was Msta we wandered into. Reckon it was a random sniper or their backup eye in the sky?
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 23, 2012, 06:18:33 AM »
No clue. Doesnt explain why we didnt hear snipershots earlier, as they clearly needed backup before. What I do know is that we've learned a lesson in the consequences of overeagerness...

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 25, 2012, 04:49:18 AM »
Finally got it downloaded last night, tried to get on to make sure everything worked but couldnt will try tonight

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 26, 2012, 05:59:48 AM »
Managed to get on last night, european server pitch black so after a bit i manage to aggro som zoombies and die (got one of them on a lucky shot hehe)

Try again today, move around cherno not knowing what to do so venture in a bit in the outskirts. Find a house and look, hey some loot.
Manage to somehow drop and not get back my ammo!!!!

Oshit...

So out i go to find some ammo (or a winny since i had some for that)
Manage to find a house with a lee enfield but one zoombie seems to have aggroed on me darn, shoot. Dead.
Then a bazillion zombies come at me (i'm indoors) ran out of bullets pretty fast haha and died again. So will see when i have some time to try next.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 26, 2012, 07:55:41 AM »
Managed to get on last night, european server pitch black so after a bit i manage to aggro som zoombies and die (got one of them on a lucky shot hehe)

Try again today, move around cherno not knowing what to do so venture in a bit in the outskirts. Find a house and look, hey some loot.

Oshit...

Manage to find a house with a lee enfield but one zoombie seems to have aggroed on me darn, shoot. Dead.
Then a bazillion zombies come at me (i'm indoors) ran out of bullets pretty fast haha and died again. So will see when i have some time to try next.

welcome to day z ;)

Rule #1 for survival in dayz GET AWAY FROM THE COAST ASAP
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 26, 2012, 10:18:31 AM »

Oshit...

welcome to day z ;)

Rule #1 for survival in dayz GET AWAY FROM THE COAST ASAP

I'd say rule one should be "don't drop all your ammo"
 :P

But yes my intention is to get away from the coast. But if I want to be able to group up with you guys I think knowing where the hell I am could be advantageous :)

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 26, 2012, 10:32:05 AM »
Post when you're next going to be online and we can hop on Mumble to help you along.
Day Z can be rather confusing in the beginning.

For now it's best to keep the coastline in your back and crouch run inland.
Don't forget to do the OA tutorials, they help a lot.
Avoid towns like the plague and try to get to high country. From there you will usually be able to spot the larger cities, lighthouses, landmarks, etc that will help to pinpoint where you are.

Also, if you spawn on the beach and you first cross the railroad and then the regular road, you spawned all the way west on the map.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 26, 2012, 10:48:53 AM »
nope

Rule #2 for surviving in dayz :- learn to use inventory system (it is awkward until you get used to it)

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 26, 2012, 05:47:03 PM »
Moved around a bit, saw a stone, shot a zombie and hid its body (couldn't figure out if it had anything on it haha) and think I'm north-west of Pusta (should be somewhere there at least, don't think I moved that much further tbh)

Where are you guys mainly holed up? and I'll try to move there in a leisurely pace :)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #89 on: May 26, 2012, 05:49:43 PM »
Rog is east of Pusta iirc (castle on a hill in some woods - water at the base of the hill its on to the west) and thats a good place as we all know were it is.

Also on some servers its a good place for loot.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."