Author Topic: surviving-in-day-z  (Read 35007 times)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Re: surviving-in-day-z
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2012, 11:23:25 PM »
So after being hunted by some noob killing bandito (tosspot)

Saffy and i finally managed to find each other and then messed up any attempt at finding Bethor, however we werent helped by Bethor going East instead of West (he made up for it by finding new weapons whilst Saffy and I managed to be low on ammo)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2012, 12:01:25 AM »
technically i went all directions since i walked in a big circle :D and i think you got turned around at some point also :D
LORD HELMET:  I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's
former roommate.

LONE STARR:  What's that make us?

LORD HELMET:  Absolutely nothing. Which is what you are
about to become. Prepare to die.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2012, 09:22:12 AM »
technically i went all directions since i walked in a big circle :D and i think you got turned around at some point also :D

we did that. Using roads to navigate was a great idea until zombie horde caused us to go cross country ;)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2012, 10:54:59 AM »
I do think Garry and I were too cautious though, by avoiding towns.
Yes, we didnt get hurt by z's (much), but we also eliminated many of our chances to find loot, if only ammo and bandages to kill moar z's. But then, our hope was to link up with you asap (which failed).
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2012, 10:57:15 AM »

we did that. Using roads to navigate was a great idea until zombie horde caused us to go cross country ;)

the mistake in thinking the sun was in the east didnt help either of us  ;)
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2012, 11:07:28 AM »
Apparently sun follows rl sun position and the game has rl lunar cycles as well. So there'll be some very dark nights and brighter ones.
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2012, 11:22:03 AM »
ggod news though was that i did find a watch ;) would have preferred a map though :P

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2012, 11:24:25 AM »
How to use inventory,

http://www.dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=785

im currently reading this to work it out

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2012, 05:10:59 PM »
found a sniper rifle
than found out that shooting in town is not the best idea ever. It actually is a very bad idea.
gun being used being a sniper rifle didnt help much

so i had a winchester, switched that for a sniper rifle i had on me when i died
i had a 1911 pistol with 0 clips left (i emptied 2)
and around 25 Z down
former roommate.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2012, 05:35:40 PM »
Didnt I tell you that yet?  ;)
Shooting a (loud) gun aint always the best course of action  :)

Actually, when one z from a larger group spotted Garry and me, we lured it away from town and killed it there. Worked well...

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2012, 05:37:07 PM »
i know
but i only saw 2 Z and i could handle those
1 was aggroed

i wasnt counting on 20 odd other Z joining the fight
former roommate.

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2012, 05:40:28 PM »
i didnt die!!!! :D
former roommate.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2012, 09:14:42 PM »
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2012, 12:28:34 AM »
So I'm up and running.
First time around I spawned south of Prigorodky and got shot by a player who left two zombies to feast on me.

Second time around I spawned south of the eastern outskirt of Chernogorsk, passed Prigo heading east and and made it halfway from Cherno to Rog.
Lost connection to server, but I should be somewhere just south of Pusta on top of the mountain. Was just about to cross over the top of the mountainy bit as the server started acting up.

Plan is to head along the north of the Dam to Rog. If I die along the way, I'm just waiting for one of you to die so we can walk together. =P

I feel alone. I'm scared. I trust no one.

Testing Tapatalk as I can't sleep due to recent zombie activity.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 01:10:48 AM by Goatboy »
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2012, 07:07:27 AM »
do trust non one, strength in numbers.

If you are lucky Rog will have a few zombos and lots of gear ;) we logged out on top of main keep (apart from Jon who thought abseiling down inside of keep without a rope was a good idea)