Author Topic: surviving-in-day-z  (Read 34986 times)

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Re: surviving-in-day-z
« Reply #105 on: June 08, 2012, 10:09:12 AM »
I hope that at some point it'll be possible to found safehavens like in The Walking Dead comics. Small barricaded settlements with multiple people 'living' inside from where you can launch your scavenging runs. Maybe even grow some beanstalks. Big herds of zombies.

Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 08, 2012, 04:03:40 PM »
I dont know where i heared or read it. but apparently there is one developer from ARMA 2 helping out with the development of DayZ. So thats good news (and current build kinda sucks, because the error currently in it that keeps loading a char)

also that there is going to be a mod like that (or DLC) for ARMA 3 AND that arma 3 supports 200 player maps!

i like these developments
LORD HELMET:  I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's
former roommate.

LONE STARR:  What's that make us?

LORD HELMET:  Absolutely nothing. Which is what you are
about to become. Prepare to die.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #107 on: June 08, 2012, 05:43:50 PM »
I hope that at some point it'll be possible to found safehavens like in The Walking Dead comics. Small barricaded settlements with multiple people 'living' inside from where you can launch your scavenging runs. Maybe even grow some beanstalks. Big herds of zombies.

Would be excellent.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 08, 2012, 06:21:51 PM »
I dont know where i heared or read it. but apparently there is one developer from ARMA 2 helping out with the development of DayZ. So thats good news (and current build kinda sucks, because the error currently in it that keeps loading a char)

also that there is going to be a mod like that (or DLC) for ARMA 3 AND that arma 3 supports 200 player maps!

i like these developments

I think you read it on the page before this one:

Gary Gannon Spends Some Time With DayZ On E3's Showroom Floor

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/pc-games/e...howroom-floor/

Sum up:
Please bare in mind that all listed things are unconfirmed/rumors/speculations!

- Dean Hall was taken off arma 3 team to focus on dayZ exclusively
- more units sold of arma in the past 60 days than they have sold in the entire life time of arma
- they currently want to keep it alpha
- they want to make it easier to install (get the mod into a client version)
- servers: there may be the idea as a long term goal to build something like the tranqulity servers (similar to EVE online servers)
- they internally talk about one single large world/server everyone is on (MMO)
- they want to take some of the arma 3 tech (that wont be ready for the release of arma 3) and might be using it to build downloadable clients
- mod to work pretty well with the arma 3 internal build
- they are considering using the arma 3 engine to release a stand alone version of the mod (which may take place in WW2/1944 invasion)
- they think about charging for stand alone version but for a much lower price point (less than for arma 2 and OA)
- making the map even larger than it is
- every building enterable

:o
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 19, 2012, 10:02:17 PM »
is anyone still playing.
I am with some guys i know from salem, so if you want to play some and see me on steam feel free to ask where im at so you can join also
former roommate.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #110 on: June 20, 2012, 09:10:33 AM »
On and off.

Still following its progress more than anything.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 20, 2012, 01:15:37 PM »
bit occupied atm  ;)
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 20, 2012, 02:14:39 PM »
They need to add a group respawn feature within x kilometres. You don't have to spawn in one spot, but trudging from one end of the map to another to meet up with people and then have 5 minutes of fun before you die, is a bit meh.

Haven't been playing myself, but I'd like to have more Msta moments. :)
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 24, 2012, 04:42:24 PM »
As i partially payed for it i am usually to be found playing on NY68
former roommate.

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 08, 2012, 10:02:02 AM »
This was last night..
this guy wanted to give us shit :)

Car run down DayZ

i am the guy who got out of the car.
former roommate.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 08, 2012, 10:08:02 AM »
"but i want to loot his body"

PRIORITIES
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 12, 2012, 05:19:26 PM »
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 12, 2012, 08:19:14 PM »
"For a realistic mod there's some real unintuitive shit going on here"