Author Topic: 1.2...thoughts  (Read 5665 times)

Offline Chug

• HoJ Members
  • Cogniscenti
  • i'm a bounty hunter, lol
    • View Profile
1.2...thoughts
« on: April 13, 2012, 12:42:56 PM »
Right, gave 1.2 a go lastnight, and this is my review of it...

You can now drag things onto another thing in a window...

You now have to spend all of your time grinding for credits to actually experience legacy in the way intended...

Anyone actually had any good experiences/thoughts so far? Sadly, this is not the Jesus patch I thought it would be. Hell, it's barely only a pizza delivery boy.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: 1.2...thoughts
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 04:37:41 PM »
Was planning to try it this evening, then Bioware went all CCP circa 2004 on the patch....
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Chug

• HoJ Members
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 04:55:05 PM »
Wouldnt waste your time if i'm honest. You'll just drag your toon to the centre of the legacy window, check out the vendors and then instantly be bored again. Oh wait no I forget....you can do soem NEW dailies.

Such a shame. I had high hopes.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 05:00:06 PM »
Wouldnt waste your time if i'm honest. You'll just drag your toon to the centre of the legacy window, check out the vendors and then instantly be bored again. Oh wait no I forget....you can do soem NEW dailies.

Such a shame. I had high hopes.

Devs in "dailies are content yo" stupidity none shocker.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 05:09:22 PM »
I find it interesting that they send active subscribers a free month and people that actually cancelled get nothing so far. Not even an 'Hey we've updated a lot of shit, try us again for a weekend for free' thing.
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Chug

• HoJ Members
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2012, 07:38:49 PM »
it's to say sorry for not putting in ranked PVP

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2012, 08:59:30 PM »
I find it interesting that they send active subscribers a free month and people that actually cancelled get nothing so far. Not even an 'Hey we've updated a lot of shit, try us again for a weekend for free' thing.

Pretty sure they've started a free week now. Try logging in.

I'm liking it so far, as I'm not jaded and bitter like you lot! :D

Offline Chug

• HoJ Members
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2012, 05:02:39 AM »
I'm not jaded or bitter. I still play it, and I want it to suceed. I'm a massive Bioware and KOTOR fan. But I'm not an alt kind of guy and there is fuck all to do at lv50. Boring game. I've even re-subbed WoW and enjoying that in comparison. That must say something :p

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2012, 05:41:31 AM »
   We are so excited about Game Update 1.2: Legacy, that we are offering you a limited time opportunity to come back and play at no charge* until April 20, 11:59PM CDT / April 20, 4:59AM GMT. Plus, reactivate your former account by April 22, 12:00PM CDT, 5:00PM GMT, to get the in-game Legacy reward: the Legacy Tauntaun Pet**!   

Log in and play with your previously created characters. It's easy - no credit card required! Click here for more information.

Still leaving it uninstalled. Need to get some stuff done and 'hopefully' I'll have no time to invest into an mmo anymore anyway after this month.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 05:44:22 AM by Goatboy »
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2012, 11:42:22 AM »
New Rakghoul Outbreak event is awesome.

For those who still have it installed, but haven't tried it, give it a go! Starts on Tatooine, North of the Dune Sea outpost for Republic.