Do You Want to Raid in SWTOR?

Yes
9 (100%)
No
0 (0%)
Not sure
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: Do You Want to Raid (Operations)?  (Read 9431 times)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
Do You Want to Raid (Operations)?
« on: January 30, 2012, 05:32:43 PM »
Now that a few of us have hit the big 50, I thought it might be an idea to take a quick poll on who would be up for 8 or 16 man Operations.

So, if you're 50, or nearly there, and are interested in raiding, let me know here, with what class and spec your are also. Then it'll give me some idea of future group make-ups, etc.

*Update*

More of us seem to have hit 50 now, so here's a list of who's there, with their AC/spec if known. If I don't have  your details in the following list, let me know by way of reply:

Caol - Jedi Shadow - DPS
Caradir - Gunslinger - DPS
Ciceron - Jedi Sage - DPS
Clostridium - Vanguard - Tank
Damien - Jedi Sentinel - DPS (not seen Damien on in a while)
Fawcett - Vanguard - DPS/Offtank (my alt)
Kahler - Jedi Guardian - Tank
Kannonnen - Commando - Healer
Kurtt - Jedi Guardian - Tank (me)
Temon - Jedi Sage - Healer
Thaneydar - Gunslinger - DPS
Twinkletoes - Vanguard - Tank
Yyan - Jedi Shadow - Tank

*Update 2*

So I've been looking into Ops group composition, and it seems the ideal/optimum group composition is as follows:

2x Tanks (1 Melee, 1 Ranged)
2x Healers (At least one Sage)
4x DPS (3 Ranged, 1 Melee)

Now, looking at the above list of 50's, I reckon we could probably put together a decent 8 man ops group based on the above.

*Update 3*

First (and hardest) boss of the Eternity Vault:

SWTOR Guide | Annihilation Droid XRR-3 | Eternity Vault Operation Boss #1 | 8man HM & Normal

Cheers,

Dan
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 09:04:59 AM by Kurtt »

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Re: Do You Want to Raid (Operations)?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 05:50:37 PM »
I'd like to experience the operations once or twice a week and get together with folks on a regular basis. I'm not an experienced raider at all. So what would your description of raiding in this game be like?

I personally do value the friendly and casual aspect of the game and guild... so yes to showing up on time and teamwork and all that, but no to elitist shit. And in my completely personal opinion, some of the people and stuff that ended up in a certain spin off guild of HoJ in WoW would fall into the elitist shit category. It's a game. It's pixels. There's always a next run, attempt and day. That's my stance. On the other hand I'm all for enforcing voice comms and setting clear rules and stuff.

Twinkletoes is a Trooper Vanguard with a cookie cutter tanking spec. Mainly for single player reasons really. I enjoy having a good life expectancy.
I'm not the best tank ever in groups, but I'm willing to learn if others are patient enough to teach.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 06:01:34 PM by Goatboy »
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 06:02:44 PM »
That's the general idea Goaty. We've always taken that approach to raids in HoJ and later on in THF.

Turn up on time, know what you need to do to a reasonable degree, and then have some fun.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 06:37:15 PM »
Caradir gunslinger uber dps monkey

could be available to book in advance ;)

you know the score with me :D
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2012, 06:49:22 PM »
Score explanation please.  ;D
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2012, 06:59:31 PM »
Score explanation please.  ;D

score is, as long as i know when in advance i probably can make it except, mon/wed evening and Sundays during day or if RL is happening.

i think you probably over thought what i meant goatey ;)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2012, 08:46:33 PM »
I'd like to experience the operations once or twice a week and get together with folks on a regular basis. I'm not an experienced raider at all. So what would your description of raiding in this game be like?

I personally do value the friendly and casual aspect of the game and guild... so yes to showing up on time and teamwork and all that, but no to elitist shit. And in my completely personal opinion, some of the people and stuff that ended up in a certain spin off guild of HoJ in WoW would fall into the elitist shit category. It's a game. It's pixels. There's always a next run, attempt and day. That's my stance. On the other hand I'm all for enforcing voice comms and setting clear rules and stuff.

Kannonnen is a Trooper Commando with a cookie cutter healing spec. Mainly for single player reasons really. I enjoy having a good life expectancy.
I'm not the best healer ever in groups, but I'm willing to learn if others are patient enough to teach.
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2012, 08:57:36 PM »
Hey...  ;)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2012, 09:37:55 PM »
As long as I get tied down and told never to raid lead id be up for it.

I have my hands full "fcing" a bunch of blood thirsty pvpers in eve without handing pve stress to it ;)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Spigedi

• HoJ Members
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2012, 12:27:28 PM »
Aloha! Kahler soon signing for lvl 50 raiding. Im a Jedi guardian whom is currently tank specced and will have the specc of 18 Def / 23 Vig when I hit 50, wich is about 1,5 lvls away. I have never raided as a tank before but would find it interesting to try out. I can also reconsider respeccing DPS if that is more suitable for the raid, as we seem to have alot of tanks ;)

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2012, 01:48:47 PM »
PS: Good point. Also willing to respec if it really matters to raid composition.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2012, 05:16:06 PM »
Do we really have that many tanks? During the boss bashing it seemed like we only had 1 or 2 on 6-10.
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2012, 06:17:49 PM »
Do we really have that many tanks? During the boss bashing it seemed like we only had 1 or 2 on 6-10.

dont worry if we are short of tanking/healing i have both upcoming approaching the 30 stage

would easily focus on them if needed

Offline Hurbster

• HoJ Members
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2012, 08:28:54 AM »
I'll be up for it. Got 2 tanks on the go, seeing as tanking is waaaaaay less stressful than it is in WoW then I'll be there. Eventually, sometime. If I'm not distracted by ponies or shiny things or a new character.

Offline Temon Oak

• MAADI
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2012, 07:28:47 PM »
Could be fun to do some raiding. Got a Jedi Sage that I could bring along. currently a healer.