Author Topic: Withdrawal...  (Read 23085 times)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Re: Withdrawal...
« Reply #90 on: December 05, 2011, 10:59:09 AM »
(the people who dont read up on anything, dont know how to play a class/fit a ship etc unless there is a video for it, generally are just bad)

Wow, you actually painted a pretty accurate picture of me as an MMO player!  ;D

But yeah, my main reason for wanting to play this game is that my e-buddies (you folk) are there (i.e. the group play as described by Mang). I doubt I would want to pick up this game if it werent for you.
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 05, 2011, 06:27:16 PM »
i have never read up on any dungeon/raid in wow and i killed the lich king but then again i was with 9 other people who knew what colour underwear gave the best stats. :-X

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 05, 2011, 06:29:50 PM »
i have never read up on any dungeon/raid in wow and i killed the lich king but then again i was with 9 other people who knew what colour underwear gave the best stats. :-X

i hate that

i like the fresh underwear feeling of running in without a clue and seeing first hand what happens, wiping, then working out a strategy from there.

Also not feeling stuck to certain group constraints merely as thats whats "best"
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Chug

• HoJ Members
  • Cogniscenti
  • i'm a bounty hunter, lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 05, 2011, 08:48:11 PM »
I always liked to think I prefered the whole 'find out for yourself' thing for raids, but then I experienced The Horned Fist in Icecrown Citadel lol.

Offline Taith

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • Nommer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 06, 2011, 11:03:02 AM »
(PS space section is very very meh, space graphics themselves are also totally Tie Fighter 1990ish

I loved that game!

Oh God, how am I going to play a game that requires me to fly around in space with a mouse instead of a joystick?
DC Universe Online (EU PC): Psilance, Psion Hero, Noctirian, Sorcerer Villain
Neverwinter: Theron Dios, Control Wizard (Beholder)
Star Trek Online: Eric@TaithZero
SWTOR: Tarkanian, Sith Assassin (Progenitor) (Inactive)

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 06, 2011, 10:58:05 PM »

At the risk of being accused of being a fanboy, what exactly were you expecting?

This is an MMO after all, so how were you expecting this to differ from the most successful MMO of all time?

IDK, thats the whole problem. I guess i am looking for something new, new as in the 1st time i played WoW and thought well wow. and the 1st time i started up EvE.
As for a game where i get a gun, i want to be able to aim and shoot that gun (does remind me to check earthrise)
ship combat i want it to look like eve, but behave more like a fightsim i guess. although i do like the eve play also. At least i know i dont want to be as in the start trek mmo.

I think i just want something new, and save for indie developers atm, there is nothing new, its just the same shit different day. Oh yea we got a new shiny now. (although EA tried something new in their last incarnation of C&C and although it sucked they did give it a try and that is worth something i think!)

To go on about my general displeasure. Look at skyrim. and than look at the 1st mount and blade. And now tell me why a triple A game doesnt have mounted combat, while a indie devloper made it work, and made it fun since 2008

So my general discontent is the "big companies" dont do new stuff, just fancy graphics. New games arent "bad" as such, but i think for the last year i enjoyed indie games with their weird gameplay a hell of a lot more than games from the AAA companies. And i expected Bioware to bring something new (as ME was new compared to BG)

For instance, i cannot, just cannot understand the hype about D3.. its basically D2 with fancy graphics. And D2 is basically D1 with fancy graphics. Sure a few new things in there, but different, not really (just the item fever that keeps people going)

So i think i just expected more from SW and bioware than a WoW rip with speech. it isnt bad as such. but new.. really.. WoW had nice stories you could read but 99% didnt bother. Do you think they'd skip the ingame movie speech if it would speed up the game..

anyway sorry for the rant. I do hope YOU all enjoy the game. Because thats whats important. Im just bitter atm :D

LORD HELMET:  I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's
former roommate.

LONE STARR:  What's that make us?

LORD HELMET:  Absolutely nothing. Which is what you are
about to become. Prepare to die.

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 06, 2011, 11:14:43 PM »
As for the game features that did seem interesting. Its the whole companions thing. That still sounds fun, i dont know how they actually created it ingame but i like the idea.

also the space combat, as it couldnt be worse than in startrek :)
LORD HELMET:  I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's
former roommate.

LONE STARR:  What's that make us?

LORD HELMET:  Absolutely nothing. Which is what you are
about to become. Prepare to die.

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 07, 2011, 09:01:29 AM »
After secretly ordering the game and cancelling 15 minutes later. And getting a confirmation that the order was cancelled. It still got delivered. And the gf says I can keep it and SWTOR will be my Christmas gift. Wub. <3

So my ass registered the pre-order code and is downloading content as we speak.
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Taith

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • Nommer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 07, 2011, 09:04:43 AM »
Reposted from my post on the Synch forum:

I had forgotten what counter-productive and self-defeating policies game stores can have.

Walked into the GAME store on Chiswick High Road at lunch time to see about pre-ordering swtor. After some puzzled staring and checking their release sheets, they acknowledged that yes, there was a 75% chance of it being in the store on the 20th. Would I like to preorder? Sure, why not. Do you have a GAME card? No.

With a pained expression, the guy behind the counter told me that he couldn't sign me up for a pre-order without a GAME card. The last time I walked into that store to buy a game was three years ago, for Warhammer Online. I've bought WoW and all of its expansions via Amazon. Of course I'm not going to sign up for a GAME card. I walked out of there without pre-ordering it. I said I'd take my chances on the day.

What the hell kind of Nineties business practice is that? With all the competition that exists for game stores, why would they create an extra hurdle you have to jump over for a sale?

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 07, 2011, 09:08:31 AM »
Because they don't let people with knowledge of real sales and human interaction make business decisions in the Head Office. Blame on the Marketing director.
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Taith

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • Nommer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 07, 2011, 09:19:35 AM »
So i think i just expected more from SW and bioware than a WoW rip with speech. it isnt bad as such. but new.. really.. WoW had nice stories you could read but 99% didnt bother. Do you think they'd skip the ingame movie speech if it would speed up the game..

I'd be really curious to see testing on this, actually. The parallel that I can think of is: if someone's reading a book, they might skim over paragraphs of narration, but they're much less likely to skim any of the dialogue.

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 07, 2011, 09:22:07 AM »

I had forgotten what counter-productive and self-defeating policies game stores can have.

Walked into the GAME store on Chiswick High Road at lunch time to see about pre-ordering swtor. After some puzzled staring and checking their release sheets, they acknowledged that yes, there was a 75% chance of it being in the store on the 20th. Would I like to preorder? Sure, why not. Do you have a GAME card? No.

With a pained expression, the guy behind the counter told me that he couldn't sign me up for a pre-order without a GAME card. The last time I walked into that store to buy a game was three years ago, for Warhammer Online. I've bought WoW and all of its expansions via Amazon. Of course I'm not going to sign up for a GAME card. I walked out of there without pre-ordering it. I said I'd take my chances on the day.

What the hell kind of Nineties business practice is that? With all the competition that exists for game stores, why would they create an extra hurdle you have to jump over for a sale?

Fear not Taith, you will be able to walk into a GAME store at launch and pick up a copy of SWTOR. You *may* be even to snag a copy of the Collector's Edition if they have any for general sale, but that'll set you back £120.

The other option is to pre-order the Digital Deluxe edition from Origin. This'll set you back £60, but comes with some shiny in-game stuff, including a mount. They'll also email out the pre-order code within a few minutes of ordering. Pre-order cost £5 (same as standard edition in GAME).

While on the subject of GAME, I popped in to my local GAME store on Monday. Thankfully, our GAME staff are very knowledgeable, which helps a great deal. I was informed by them that the retail version of the game should be available for purchase on or slightly before the 15/12/11. As such, I'm hoping to pick up my Collector's Edition some time early next week.

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 07, 2011, 09:26:04 AM »
After secretly ordering the game and cancelling 15 minutes later. And getting a confirmation that the order was cancelled. It still got delivered. And the gf says I can keep it and SWTOR will be my Christmas gift. Wub. <3

So my ass registered the pre-order code and is downloading content as we speak.

Yay.

SWTOR, now with added Goatboy.

/wubbles

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 07, 2011, 09:26:33 AM »
Game dont cater for PC gaming they only care about getting a piece of the preorder pie
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 07, 2011, 09:26:37 AM »

Fear not Taith, you will be able to walk into a GAME store at launch and pick up a copy of SWTOR. You *may* be even to snag a copy of the Collector's Edition if they have any for general sale, but that'll set you back £120.

The other option is to pre-order the Digital Deluxe edition from Origin. This'll set you back £60, but comes with some shiny in-game stuff, including a mount. They'll also email out the pre-order code within a few minutes of ordering. Pre-order cost £5 (same as standard edition in GAME).

While on the subject of GAME, I popped in to my local GAME store on Monday. Thankfully, our GAME staff are very knowledgeable, which helps a great deal. I was informed by them that the retail version of the game should be available for purchase on or slightly before the 15/12/11. As such, I'm hoping to pick up my Collector's Edition some time early next week.

theres alot of talk of it been released/available early seems european suppliers are telling people they will get it on the 15th.
sort of tallies with game saying that the timecards are available on the 13th.