Author Topic: Spoilerless Impressions from beta  (Read 8203 times)

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Re: Spoilerless Impressions from beta
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2011, 06:44:41 PM »
Come on people. Feed the hungry.  :'(
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2011, 07:01:31 PM »
Come on people. Feed the hungry.  :'(

Too busy playing... (sorry Testing!)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2011, 07:04:08 PM »
played trooper to level 11 chose commando as advanced skill set must say if i wasnt already going consular this is the class i would choose possible first alt.

played sith inquisitor till level 11 if i was going sith this is the class i would go with.

played smuggler till level 8 not a bad class at all but not played enough of it really

and now to the class i will play(couldnt resist trying it) jedi consular played till level 11 went sage(damage) the class quests leading up to getting your lightsaber were excellent the moment you actually receive it is trully epic.

didnt do any flashpoints want to leave those for live also didnt want to do then with scrubs.
crafting dabled a little but will have to read up on it to see what fits with what.

all in all a good and only time will tell if it is great game i must remember to mute mumble though when doing the cut scenes :)

goodbye wow forever ;D

giving up on the beta now as i dont want to spoil anymore bug reports sent though i didnt seem to come across many.

wonder if they will sort the orange pixel of death :D
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 07:06:32 PM by Keggi »

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2011, 07:13:49 PM »
They best leave herman alone - seems to be a name for him the EU servers had for at one stage :D (The pixel thing).

Loving it still btw...

Still neutral :)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2011, 07:37:37 PM »
I've gone a little crazy with my Jedi Knight, who is now lvl 17...

Coruscant is fun. Getting your ship is amazing. I'm now on Taris.

I'm probably going to PvP for the rest of the beta, and do a bit more Trooper.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2011, 08:35:50 PM »
Iwannasith you up babeeee!!!

Almost 20, Sith Sorcerer (heal/dps)

Game in general is fantastic, companions really add something to the game, and using them to gather materials and sending off on missions to get more "stuff" is a good addition.

Grouping is where the fun is at, rolling on conversations is great, example, Me and Jon did Black Talon, i chose to kill the captain who disobeyed orders, Jon wanted to tell him off i guess, i won roll, he died :)

also did Hammer Station with random scrubs 1 wipe on last boss but was fun overall.

Crafting is something different, its done primarily by your companions, and its takes time to make stuff, more complex items take longer. Theres also "reverse engineering" by breaking down drops or crafted stuff you have a chance of learning how to make it better. i.e. RE a green saber crystal can result in learning how to make the exact same crystal just better quality i.e. blue ;)

not doing PVP as i wont do much of it in game anyways.

also im at Dark I corruption and my eyes turned a nice shade of orange, 50 points of II and ill see what happens ;)

har har, turned 20 big window on scree, START SAVING, speeder licences are very expensive save now for level 25
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 09:07:19 PM by Caradir »
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2011, 11:15:05 PM »
Best choice yet that I have made while playing my Sith Warrior.

Along the way I kill a guy, bed his wife, make my twilek watch...

Awesome choices.

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2011, 11:56:36 PM »
Just played Trooper to lvl 9.

Wow, epic story is epic!

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2011, 12:15:47 AM »

Wow, epic story is epic!

I did that ;) 

our Trooper only groups will be fun :)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2011, 12:32:38 AM »
Dark temple...

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2011, 12:42:01 AM »
Dark temple...

Inquisitor story in there made me fapp

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2011, 09:14:31 AM »

Wow, epic story is epic!

I did that ;) 

our Trooper only groups will be fun :)

Trooper only group will be epic. We need to sort out our Trooper nights!

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2011, 09:46:01 AM »
Well I guess it was nice knowing you all.  :P
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2011, 10:24:03 AM »
Well I guess it was nice knowing you all.  :P

You are terrible, but I love you for it.

Game really is a good crack.  Time (first 6months) will really tell, with speed of content additions, needed fixes, and so on, but I am going into this with some faith that the last big throw of the dice for subscription based EQ clones will come up 6's!

Offline Chug

• HoJ Members
  • Cogniscenti
  • i'm a bounty hunter, lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2011, 10:36:50 AM »
I had some reservations when on Ord Mantell and Coruscant with my smuggler. The zones were just so linear and bound by set paths rather than the vast open field like zones of WoW and other MMOs, but Taris has really opened up in a similar vein and I'm enjoying it even more now! Seems like they want to easy new MMOers into it with the first 2 starter planets.

The Crafting/Crew Skills is immensely good.