Author Topic: Tribes beta  (Read 9124 times)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Tribes beta
« on: September 14, 2011, 03:50:55 PM »
would have posted this in Tribes topic but its gone? did saffy delete it due to us all not being nice? :P
Hi-Rez Studios today announced that the first phase of Tribes: Ascend closed beta will begin within the next few weeks. Players can apply for this initial phase at the game’s website as Hi-Rez Studios will be granting access to thousands of “hand-selected” players worldwide.

During this initial beta phase, players will experience 4 multiplayer maps, 2 game-modes and 3 vehicles as they progress thru 12 playable classes in the game’s fast-paced, high-flying online multiplayermatches of up to 32 people.

The studio will continue to increase the number of beta participants through the end of this year in preparation for a general game release in Q1 of 2012.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
Re: Tribes beta
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 03:46:50 PM »
Starts Nov 4th for closed, if anyone cares to head over to the site (too lazy to link) for an application
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 06:35:08 PM »
Here's 20 mins of gameplay for you haters to bitch about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPlty2dRS9k
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 11:58:53 AM »
generic rent-a-gun shooter number 2000

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2011, 03:17:39 PM »
beta begins tomorrow for generic rentagun shooter 2000 ;)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2011, 03:24:02 PM »

"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2011, 03:30:12 PM »

is that a picture of your Russian lovechild?

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2011, 09:21:19 PM »
I'd hit that.
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2011, 09:58:33 PM »
I'd hit that.

youd shag anything so that doesnt surprise me :P

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2011, 02:44:14 PM »
beta starts in 15 minutes.....

...and im just trolling Saffy now :P

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2011, 09:04:48 AM »
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2011, 11:51:14 AM »
so after playing a few games heres my early thoughts.

Graphics are shit, dx9 game in 2011, 1.5 gig install says it all.

Controls require you to have 3 hands

2 free classes others need unlocked/ bought

frankly its just like space marines MP but with crappier gfx and more cost, less early choice in role/weapons, however it does have bigger arenas.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2011, 10:53:48 PM »
so after playing some more to gain more oversight

i can truly and honestly say its isnt generic shooter 20000

it is generic shooter 2000 with the addition of jetpacks, that is the only difference

it doesnt add anything new in fact it does a lot worse than some MP shooter games i played years ago (Unreal Tournament to name one that is old and vastly superior) (and the gfx look like it game from that era)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2012, 07:46:46 PM »
well this "free to play cash cow generic shooter 2000" launches tomorrow

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2012, 04:36:31 PM »
Hadnt come to playing it so far, but today I have.

Really enjoying it so far, my skills aint so rusty as I feared they were and skiing is just awesome.
It must be that I havent played many dedicated shooters in the last few years, because for a generic shooter 2000 I think it's pretty good.
Haven't looked at gold prices (RL money - ingame currency) yet, and tbh I dont care (yet). For now I am seeing this as a free game with consequential limitations to what I can do and still having a real good time.

A nice pick up and drop down game like WoT, but much, much faster paced.