Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim  (Read 34572 times)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
« on: June 24, 2011, 10:42:48 AM »
Get a premium Skyrim map with your preorder

Making real maps of our fantasy worlds is an Elder Scrolls tradition. As Todd Howard said all the way back in a Morrowind blog post, “There’s something about having a physical object in your hands that feels like it’s part of this other world, that you are that person in the game, finding your way among the hills.”

With that in mind, today we are announcing that anyone who preorders Skyrim will automatically receive a premium quality world map with their copy as a no-extra-cost-to-you bonus.

To guarantee your copy of your premium quality world map, please pre-order today.

Update: We’ve received plenty of questions about the map. So you know, it’s a high-grade material that has a feel similar to burlap, and will be available in North America and European territories. There will be a regular paper map included in all copies of the game, but if you want to get the premium map, we recommend pre-ordering the game.

i wants it baaaddd
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Chug

• HoJ Members
  • Cogniscenti
  • i'm a bounty hunter, lol
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 02:11:24 PM »
Awesome. When I go to the real Skyrim I wont get lost now

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 11:59:52 AM »
getting closer to release and im now officially wet ;)

Late game you align with dragon and can CALL the dragons name to get it to fly and help you out :)

So whats better than 1 dragon on screen at a time? 2 :D with1 on your side.

Offline Chug

• HoJ Members
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2011, 03:23:46 PM »
I'm guessing you'll have seen the 20 minute gameplay vid on youtube? If not, then watch it now!

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2011, 12:04:18 PM »
So i get an email from Amazon today

They've confirmed that all customers who pre-order The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
from Amazon.co.uk will receive a 'Premium Quality World Map' included in the
game box.

No shit Sherlock thats why i preordered it, when Bethesda said that months ago, only reason for me buying disc over digital ;)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2011, 12:27:53 PM »
1 week to go  :D :D :D

Theme sung by a group of barbarians? where do they get these ideas from :D :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJ7lmWc14uo

p.s. the woman are big and burly and have beards :D

...and the finished version, i wants that at the start of my game yummm yummm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=iv&annotation_id=annotation_892220&src_vid=xBSiIeu1Yg8&v=S44YlJFh8Sw

*edit as last one lost to iMax copyright lawyer*

Lyrics :D

DOVAHKIIN DOVAHKIIN
NAAL OK ZIN LOS VAHRIIN
WAH DEIN VOKUL MAHFAERAAK AHST VAAL
AHRK FIN NOROK PAAL GRAAN
FOD NUST HON ZINDRO ZAAN
DOVAHKIIN FAH HIN KOGAAN MU DRAAL

AHRK FIN KEL LOST PRODAH
DO VED VIING KO FIN KRAH
TOL FOD ZEYMAH WIN KEIN MEYZ FUNDEIN
ALDUIN FEYN DO JUN
KRUZIIK VOKUN STAADNAU
VOTH AAN BAHLOK WAH DIIVON FIN LEIN

and translation

Dragonborn Dragonborn
    By his honor is sworn
    To keep evil forever at bay
    And the fiercest foes rout
    When they hear triumph's shout
    Dragonborn for your blessing we pray

And the scrolls have fortold
    Of black wings in the cold
    That when brothers wage war come unfurled
    Alduin bane of kings
    Ancient shadow unbound
    With a hunger to swallow the world

IM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!

« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 11:07:32 AM by Caradir »

Offline Chug

• HoJ Members
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2011, 01:36:43 PM »
oh god. what;s going to become of me. First FIFA12, then Battlefield 3, SWTOR coming out and then THIS. My life has just become a series of addictive games. I might aswell just write off everything until at least next august.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2011, 11:04:59 AM »
is it Friday yet?

oh well must listen to theme some more get me "in the mood" ;)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2011, 04:10:13 PM »
FYI, Friday has been cancelled.

In favour of 2 Thursdays.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2011, 04:34:29 PM »

dick

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2011, 04:38:46 PM »

dick

Was only posting it before someone else did :)

Cant wait for Thursday mk2 myself ;0

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2011, 05:43:57 PM »
so today is Friday - 3 ;)

Now

Argonian or Bosmer for first character?
Five large cities, comparatively larger than those in Oblivion, are available to explore (and to be attacked from above by dragons), along with a wider variety of caves and subterranean areas. The main five cities will be walled and located in separate worlds to conserve memory (like Oblivion) but the 15 or so minor cities will be open (like Morrowind). Fast-traveling to locations already discovered has returned. Cooking, farming, wood-cutting, and mining, in addition to weapon-smithing, can be done in different towns. Children are also featured in the game.

New factions include the Companions (mercenary guild), the College of Winterhold (magic guild) and the Stormcloaks (rebels), as well as the return of the Thieves Guild and the Dark Brotherhood.

The 150+ dungeons in the game were created by a team of eight, whereas Oblivion's dungeons were all created by one designer.

Upon a giant mountain, the Throat of the World houses the home of the Greybeards, High Hrothgar, at the head of 7,000 steps.

Mounts have been confirmed as something the team is looking into, and horses are confirmed. Hostile creatures include: giant spiders, elk, trolls, ice wraiths, zombies, sabre-toothed cats, wolves, ice golems, skeletons, draugrs and dragons.

Some creatures such as mammoths and giants are non-hostile.

"Dynamic shadows" will be used and snow will fall and accumulate dynamically. Plants will move more believably with the wind, and the water in the game will actually flow along a course.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 05:45:41 PM by Caradir »

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2011, 05:54:35 PM »
Not deciding a thing till I have the game in my hand - new game smell best smell.

But I cant wait!!!!

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2011, 07:45:24 PM »