Author Topic: Rise Of Isengard  (Read 10621 times)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Re: Rise Of Isengard
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2011, 11:02:37 PM »
*sigh*

so 7 hours of connecting***** fail**** wait 1 min **** retry and it starts patching

gets 10% complete and has to go through connect **fail etc again

seriously what year is this? how many MMOs are out there? have they not fucking learned how to patch and deploy without this shit?

and all Turd are saying is heavy load, well stingy fuckers shouldnt have foresaw this and found some way to get it to your paying people before the freeloaders or maybe just maybe torrent the fucking patch? fuxktards
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2011, 08:50:20 AM »
Its making me appreciate ccp, at least their patches go smoothly, they may be buggy fucks, but the patches get released in a good way...
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2011, 09:29:17 AM »
Right after I say the above, patch downloads and installs perfectly...

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2011, 08:30:15 AM »
Wow, missed this. Suppose I better login and check it out.

Any sweeping changes to the Captain class?

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2011, 08:51:20 AM »

Havent noticed anything major, but then again Caelum is only 34...

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2011, 09:08:14 AM »

big changes to most classes,

biggest and best captain changes are in the functioning of the skill trees, viable tanking is available to captains  now. IDOME is a toggle and scales past 50 shield brother abilities function differently and with the right build can affect the whole fellowship. But then you could just read the changes yourself in the patch notes i linked previously :P

full patch notes

http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Update_4,_Rise_of_Isengard,_Official

TLDR: lots of awesome class changes, lets just hope gameplay gets back to being enjoyable for me.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2011, 02:53:31 PM »
Next question:

I'm getting this message:

Unable to decrypt or de-serialize the data downloaded from the server.

Any ideas?

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2011, 03:10:51 PM »
Next question:

I'm getting this message:

Unable to decrypt or de-serialize the data downloaded from the server.

Any ideas?

Not all the way thru yet, but somewhere in this thread: http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?396343-quot-Unable-to-decrypt-and-de-serialize-the-data-downloaded-from-the-server.-quot

may be the droids you are looking for.

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2011, 03:13:10 PM »
That got it.

Cheers our kid.

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2011, 03:48:04 PM »
Now I remember why I don't play Lotro.

Crappy combat and runs like a bag of nails. Back to WoW until SWTOR then! :D

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2011, 08:42:15 PM »
forum has been down for over 24 hours not much info as to why but im guessing hack

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2011, 06:07:17 PM »
48 hours and all they are saying is

We have identified a potential issue in the forum system.  As a precautionary measure we have disabled our forums while we investigate.  We will bring the forums back online when we complete our work.  We thank you for your patience.

i think its a Sony sized fuck up ;)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2011, 07:02:41 PM »

We have identified a potential issue in the forum system.  As a precautionary measure we have disabled our forums while we investigate.  We will bring the forums back online when we complete our work.  We thank you for your patience.

Thankfully this shower doesnt have any financial details of mine :)

As haha free points :D

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2011, 07:20:03 PM »

Thankfully this shower doesnt have any financial details of mine :)

As haha free points :D

nor mine

seems it could be a security hole in vbulletin 4 forum software. (so rumours are going)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2011, 10:11:33 AM »
finally some info from them

Recently, we were made aware of an issue with the security of our LOTRO community web applications.  Protecting player accounts is a top priority and we take any potential issues seriously.  As a result, we closed all of our forums as we investigate the situation.  We are continuing to investigate and the forums will not reopen until this work is complete.

As an additional precaution we recommend that all players change their passwords by visiting http://myaccount.turbine.com. Please remember to use unique, hard-to guess passwords that are not associated with other online services or sites, and always look for and report unusual activity in your account to Turbine customer support.

Thank you for your patience.  We look forward to restoring all community features as soon as possible.