Author Topic: E3 2011  (Read 7906 times)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
E3 2011
« on: June 04, 2011, 11:20:17 AM »
Preview of whats maybe coming up in a few days ;)

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/episode-162-invisible-walls/714679
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: E3 2011
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 04:30:37 PM »
Forgot it was E3 season

Really looking forward to some of the things to come out of it :)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 09:24:14 AM »
[hysterical voice] NEW XCOM!!!! NEW XCOM!!!! NEW XCOM!!!!!! [/hysterical voice]

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2011-xcom/714655
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 09:40:51 AM »
im looking forward to the "reimagining" of XCOM. It worked for fallout so im not quite as pensive about it.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 10:57:58 AM »

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2011, 12:00:07 PM »
I hope this is a fucking joke

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2011-postal-iii/714781

Thats the sort of stuff console types like :(

Shame its going to darken the doors of the pc too though.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2011, 04:42:23 PM »

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2011, 09:09:53 PM »
Yummy yummy Skyrim looks ace  not that there was any doubt id buy it anyways :)

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2011-elder-scrolls/714851

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2011, 08:00:53 AM »
So, the new thing with Nintendo isnt the Wiii, Woo or Waa, but the 'Wii U'. What do you guys think?

http://www.neoseeker.com/news/16627-e3-2011-nintendo-wii-u-3ds-trailer-round-up/
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2011, 08:13:05 AM »
The new Neverwinter will be announced this E3.

I don't know. It looks like it's made for 12-yr olds, but cant really point out why. Is it just the graphics, something in the colours, the models? Dunno

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2011, 09:25:34 AM »
So, the new thing with Nintendo isnt the Wiii, Woo or Waa, but the 'Wii U'. What do you guys think?

http://www.neoseeker.com/news/16627-e3-2011-nintendo-wii-u-3ds-trailer-round-up/

im thinking £200 for a controller nuh uh for me :) thats what im thinking ;)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2011, 09:33:42 AM »

im thinking £200 for a controller nuh uh for me :) thats what im thinking ;)

Noooo, it's not a controller, it's a
console
:P

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2011, 09:45:14 AM »
it really isnt its a controller for the Wii ;)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2011, 09:17:07 AM »
The new controller incorporates a 6.2-inch, 16:9 touch screen and traditional button controls, including two analog Circle Pads. This combination removes the traditional barriers between games, players and the TV by creating a second window into the video game world. The rechargeable controller includes a Power button, Home button, +Control Pad, A/B/X/Y buttons, L/R buttons and ZL/ZR buttons. It includes a built-in accelerometer and gyroscope, rumble feature, camera, a microphone, stereo speakers, a sensor strip and a stylus.

It truly is just a new controller, it does need a console type thing, looks like a wii sounds like a wii and will play like a wii. question is will this "controller" work with existing wii or need everyone to buy the newer wii (which looks pretty much the same as current)

i do love how 80% of nintendos images are teh controller and maybe the odd 1 of the console which is just a frikkin wii

http://e3.nintendo.com/hw/#/video/HW_demo

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2011, 09:28:51 AM »
Sony

we have 3D TVs to sell so well punt that in our games.

EA

well tag 2012 on the end of most of our shit and punt that, oh and only sell our digital downloads ourselves therefore gouging you price wise.

not been overly excited by E3, X-com and mass effect 3 being my 2 favourites.