Author Topic: World of Tanks  (Read 6386 times)

Offline Chug

• HoJ Members
  • Cogniscenti
  • i'm a bounty hunter, lol
    • View Profile
World of Tanks
« on: May 11, 2011, 10:35:01 AM »
So where have I been? places, that's where i've fucking been.

But aside from Rift and EVE (as soon as I get paid so I can afford to re-sub again), I've been playing World of Tanks a bit with Pidge. It's not bad as a pick up, put down kind of game. You start off with a shit tank, have tank battles, get xp and credits, upgrade tank, or get new better tank etc etc etc

A lot of fun. Can see it beign a laugh with a load of us over TS. And the best thing about it? It's free!!!!!!! (with an option to pay for a premium version for more perks. yippe kay yay, motherfuckers.

www.worldoftanks.com

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: World of Tanks
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 10:41:28 AM »
Its pretty fun for small amounts of time - as you say, its good to pick up/put down.

We played it during beta last year:

http://handsofjustice.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1880.0
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 11:29:11 AM »
Can see it beign a laugh with a load of us over TS.
Don't think we ever tried it with more than 2 or 3 in one game. Esp because during beta you didnt have control over which game you entered. Has this changed?
If so, might be good fun for a couple of times. Bad thing is that I don't have much time to spare with my study in it's final climax (which sounds better than it feels)

But yeah, it's a fun game, esp when racing around in BT-9's (esp back when you could drive them in light-tank-only-fights (which I dont think you can anymore?))
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Chug

• HoJ Members
  • Cogniscenti
  • i'm a bounty hunter, lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 11:57:22 AM »
You can create a platoon and go into battles in the same team. Also, you can join higher level battes in crap tanks if someone has a better tank. I went into a battle with all the heavies in a Cunnigham T1 (Yank starter tank) because pidge was in a Tiger. Everyone was like 'OMG WTF...T1?? You n00b, what are you doing in here??', and I was like 'yeah, bitches. suck my nob'.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 12:06:05 PM »
mmm, like the sound of that....

May have to reinstall :)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2011, 05:58:57 AM »
I didn't play this during beta, but began to play with my kids a few weeks back. Then something snapped, I had a few days off from work and now I've played almost 1300 games  ???  I am not spectacularily good with the game, but damn it is hooking. It is definitively a very manly game, because there is much talk about *penetration* (the more you penetrate, the better), *size* (of your gun; bigger is better) and of course how *steep angle* you have :p

Ridiculously easy game to learn and there is the constant feeling of progress even though it of course is a horrible grind.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2011, 01:39:37 PM »
I just created the chat-channel 'tanks of justice' (without the 's). We always had one, but couldnt find it now.
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2011, 11:11:05 AM »
Is anyone still playing this?

I am just starting really, going for the US SPG line, and the German AT line. I also got a BT-2 and a BT-7 because I love racing along in these fast tanks. I will keep the BT-2 but might trade in the BT-7 later, because in that tank you are often up against a lot of mediums and heavies and can't do much more but hoping you'll stay alive (which almost never happens for me). The BT-2 at least got a fighting chance because you play in lower tiers.
I still got one slot available and wondering where to go with that. I might try a heavy, but don't know which faction. And might trade the BT-7 for a medium path at some point.

Compared to the later beta version I think they improved the way they put the tiers together in battles and I like the new maps they have. All in all enjoyable arcade-ish pewpew!

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2011, 11:17:47 AM »
Since its patch day on EVE, I'll dig up my account details and certainly d/l (A fair number of rvb play it too :D) once I find them.  Does sound - from what you say and from others I know - that its improved over what it was last year :)

And I do miss whoring kills in shitty tanks :)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2011, 11:31:38 AM »
Yes, I play the game daily. I am btw Swuul in the game.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2011, 11:36:01 AM »
Yes, I play the game daily. I am btw Swuul in the game.

Cool, added you to my friends.

FD, is that some tank company?

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2011, 01:08:12 PM »
Ooh! Fighting in a platoon is really nice! Did some games with Swuul and for our last match Garry joined too. Will try to be on tonight from 8 NL local time

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2011, 01:30:01 PM »
FD, is that some tank company?
Frozen Dawn, a Finnish speaking "Hands of Justice", ie presence in multiple games where old farts hop from game to game. Joined it in WoT a while ago as I play in their Blood Bowl league (I have a few real-life friends in FD; I've just had this weird habit of not joining Finnish only clans, feels weird to speak about games in Finnish when we use English anyway in the game), got to a few Clan Wars fights so far (even though FD has been since then been kicked from the map; FD will make a returns once the clan has more tier 10 tanks (which is all that matters in Clan Wars)).

Was nice to run in platoon with Warcold, and for the last one Caradir joined too :) We did some half a dozen runs, all wins I think. I'll be online in the evening at some point, lets see if I am needed for clan runs or if I can make runs with you guys :)  I much prefer the low-tier fights, much more fluid and tacticaly changing fights than in the higher tiers (not that I have that horribly high tier, Panter at tier 8 is my highest).
http://uc.worldoftanks.eu/uc/accounts/500530360-Swuul/

EDIT: Woah! Seems I got my 1000th win with Warcold :)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 01:31:51 PM by Jarkko »

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2011, 02:15:02 PM »
Ooh look at me, I got me own page too!

http://uc.worldoftanks.eu/uc/accounts/500677303-warcold/

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2011, 03:25:36 PM »
Did beta accounts not carry over then?