Author Topic: life in the borderlands  (Read 7400 times)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
life in the borderlands
« on: August 19, 2010, 11:18:15 PM »
I notice that a few of us now own Borderlands (one of my favourite games of the year) and as i purchased (legal) versions of the DLC with steam mayhaps lets try and do some multi action

Mad Moxxi for instance is IMPOSIBLE solo and is more fun MP, plus better weapons drop in MP ;)

connection wont let me put up an event in steam so how about

Sunday evening 6pm? if you guys who own this agree we can make this a regular thing until we blast everything the game has to offer to kingdom come :) If you enjoy it solo i assure you MP is 10x more fun :)and more challenging ( i found solo easy personally)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: life in the borderlands
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 11:30:49 PM »
I kinda like it - and it was all very cheap (go go steam)

So id be interested.

Only just started, but easy enough to grasp.  Blasphemous I know, but im playing with gamepad over my mouse+keyboard right now :)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Kathras

• MAADI
  • Literati
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 12:40:10 AM »
Blasphemous I know, but im playing with gamepad over my mouse+keyboard right now :)

This is madness!
"Uncompromising men are easy to admire." - fictional character

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2010, 05:12:21 PM »
so i assume that lack of others actually playing this game right now means that this is a blowout? ;) noobs.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2010, 07:59:23 PM »
Sunday, premiership started again last week.

Sundays are a touch more busier - more so since im one of a handful of folks with ESPN that I know.

Do like the look of this game for MP mind you - love the cellshaded look it has as well.

Gamepad isnt a good as mouse+keyboard though, will be switching back.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2010, 03:19:06 PM »
Skag Soup

put in for Thursday evening 7pm

come on guys i knw for a fact its not just me and Jon that own this, get involved ;)

"This message was brought to you by the anti-apathy party."

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2010, 03:22:20 PM »
game sucks  ;)

its one of the many I wont try because it just looks dumb  :P

:D :D :D
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2010, 03:36:06 PM »
game sucks  ;)

its one of the many I wont try because it just looks dumb  :P

:D :D :D

then you sir are missing out on a very fun shooter

Offline Kathras

• MAADI
  • Literati
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2010, 05:33:58 PM »
Just bought the expansions.  Looking forward to killing zombies.
"Uncompromising men are easy to admire." - fictional character

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2010, 09:47:41 PM »
Just bought the expansions.  Looking forward to killing zombies.

Dr Zeds is fun especially Old HAven full of Zombie troopers, Mad Moxxi is infuriatingly difficult at times, secret Armory has some nice vehicles :)

but on another note just got a text telling me im busy on Thursday evening now, so Friday instead?

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2010, 09:56:25 PM »
Works for me.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2010, 10:51:12 PM »
MP is the Online stuff yes? I'll need to dig out one of my Gamespay logins it seems.

Or do you mean the option to invite people to an SP game and co-op it? (i assume its co-op)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2010, 10:53:06 PM »
MP is the Online stuff yes? I'll need to dig out one of my Gamespay logins it seems.

Or do you mean the option to invite people to an SP game and co-op it? (i assume its co-op)

yeah you need gamespy and it is coop

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2010, 04:16:20 PM »
Gamespy id sorted - created another one, im up to like 20 in 15 years.

We gonna do this with level 1 characters and work our way up?

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2010, 04:45:49 PM »
Gamespy id sorted - created another one, im up to like 20 in 15 years.

We gonna do this with level 1 characters and work our way up?

yup thats the best way to go about it, any bagsies on class? as its good to have variety for class mods

i.e. Soldier gets +team ammo regen
Hunter gets +team health regen

Siren and brick get ????? not played them much ;)