Author Topic: So many games, so little time  (Read 3378 times)

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
So many games, so little time
« on: August 18, 2010, 03:37:23 PM »
So what's hot and what's not in gaming/HoJ land?

I'm looking forward to doing some single and multiplayer Blood Bowl and exploring Natural Selection 2 Alpha (http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/). If I understand correctly LOTR Online will be free to play to some extent? I'll definitely give that a whirl.

Any other games that are free (or close to it) and worth trying? Eve/WoW not included. Some stuff on Steam perhaps?
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: So many games, so little time
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 03:58:39 PM »
Alien Swarm on steam - free alienbreed-esque shorter.

Left for Dead 1 and 2 are also goodies to have if you can get them in sales. We do play a few games of those from time to time - well those of us who use steam and own them.

In fact steam in general - just be prepared to never have any money ever as it sales are great and even out of sale deals can work well.

Lotro goes F2P on Sept 10th.  Have you played it before (paid or trials?).  Im getting back into it more lately. F2P may find it busier and so on, either way im enjoying it again.

EVE is what you make of it, or you have to be a masochist ;) (Im probably one).

WAR has a freebie mode - max level is 10 on their freebie.  Kurttie is active there and I log various accounts, paid/free, every so often.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2010, 05:20:45 PM »
Oh and world of tanks beta (goes live in a few months) - good fun free tanks fps.mmo whatever :)

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2010, 09:54:36 PM »
Never had the chance to play LOTR due to hardware. Looking forward to running around a piece of Middle Earth!

Will have to get Steam installed properly. I hope I can hack into my old Steam account again. -_-

Didn't City of Heroes go ftp as well?
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 01:19:27 PM »
Having fun in WAR atm. Currently playing Destro on Karak Norn, as Orcs and Gobbos are teh win.

Also have Kurtt and a few other alts playing Order in HoJ. Give me a shout if you want to give the everlasting trial a go and want a guild invite to HoJ.

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2010, 04:15:37 PM »
Will give WAR a try. Maybe it's a better experience with good graphics and less fps lag. :D

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2010, 05:23:24 PM »
Bumpage.

Can someone point me in the right direction with WAR?

Did you all start over? Did you move server?

I tried logging in at Mythic accounts, but they don't recognise my account name.

I R CONFUSED!

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2010, 05:49:32 PM »
Bumpage.

Can someone point me in the right direction with WAR?

Did you all start over? Did you move server?

I tried logging in at Mythic accounts, but they don't recognise my account name.

I R CONFUSED!

try adding _EUR at the end of the login name.

And we are on Karak Azgal for Order (they reduced the eu servers months ago).

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2010, 06:17:13 PM »
What's the Destruction side?

My chars have such horrible names now U_U