Author Topic: Monster Hunter 3  (Read 1414 times)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Monster Hunter 3
« on: August 10, 2010, 04:19:52 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monster_Hunter_Tri

Anybody else playing Monster Hunter 3 on Wii? I intend to play the game together with my brother in law, but as he and my sister have now traveled away during their vacation, I thought I would take the chance to learn the game and gear up a bit my hunter so that I wouldn't be a total noobie :p

However, I'd need some help to get some stuff from the monsters on the online side (I want to upgrade my armour and weapon!), but as my hunter is only level 2 (which is pretty low I think, considering level 30 is still considered "Rookie" :D ) I only tend to get to groups wanting to kill small bugs (and while it is fun to kill monsters together with randoms in the online version, the smaller monsters don't drop the stuff I need to upgrade my gear) instead of Greater Jaggi, Qurupeco or Royal Ludroth :)  I *can* kill those in solo play, but as they tend to take close to the 50 minute limit (ok, the Great Jaggi goes down faster, but not much :p) it is hardly not the speed I can call "grinding" :D

If you haven't tried the game yet and you have Wii, then by all means go and get the game. The idea sounds stupid, but it is actually lots of fun, especially hunting the "boss" monsters. You can play the game either in off-line or on-line mode, or a bit of both. So far I've mostly done the off-line campaign, but have joined PUGs for a few runs on the online side.