Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« on: December 25, 2009, 02:16:29 PM »
http://www.champions-online.com/demo

* You can play inside the Millennium City crisis. Push back the invading Qularr; work with Defender, Sapphire and Ironclad to save the city; and meet other Champions along the way.
    * You may create two different characters within our character creator.
    * You have unlimited play time. Play as much as you like. To access the full version of Champions Online, purchase the full game from any of these fine retailers.

That didn't take long did it - yet another product rushed out the door to make the backers happy and get some good press due to initial sales/subs take up. And now they hope to get people in by offering very limited access to what is an already limited product (and will most likely remain so, now the devs have a new cash cow coming in February).

And I know most MMO's have a trial and this could be considered as one, however trials run out...
« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 02:18:19 PM by Mangala »
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
Re: ....
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2009, 04:35:03 PM »
How random!

Don't get me wrong, I love the what Champions is trying to do. Love the super hero genre and love my toons and the character creator, but you've got to give us something more to do than just the 5 zones in the game. I haven't touched Paladin since he hit cap, as theres simply nothing worthwhile to do.

Not a great deal of replay value either for my other toons, who I really *want* to level. Its just boring at the moment.

Still, I'm hoping they'll add more stuff.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2009, 04:38:07 PM »
How random!

Don't get me wrong, I love the what Champions is trying to do. Love the super hero genre and love my toons and the character creator, but you've got to give us something more to do than just the 5 zones in the game. I haven't touched Paladin since he hit cap, as theres simply nothing worthwhile to do.

Not a great deal of replay value either for my other toons, who I really *want* to level. Its just boring at the moment.

Still, I'm hoping they'll add more stuff.

with you there.

didnt even hit cap and the thought of having to do ALL the same quests again with no option but to as there just snt enough content doesnt appeal, i do like the game it just doesnt have enough to do.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2009, 08:48:22 AM »
Sooo... tactics with new MMO's from now on: don't buy em, but just wait 6-12 months for the free unlimited-time trial. Cool!  8)
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline elv

• Friends
  • Literati
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2009, 11:26:31 AM »
not paying for a crap game doesn't stop it being crap.

even if they gift wrapped it and sent, I wouldnt go near it.

laters elv

Offline Thuggy

• HoJ Members
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2009, 11:01:46 PM »
Hmmm, reminds me of this......

I genuinely believe that CO will go the same way of CoH. People are only interested in it at the moment as they are bored with WoW - If/when the new content for WoW has been released people will be back.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2009, 11:12:21 PM »
Hmmm, reminds me of this......

I genuinely believe that CO will go the same way of CoH. People are only interested in it at the moment as they are bored with WoW - If/when the new content for WoW has been released people will be back.

Lottery numbers for this week please ;)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2009, 08:58:59 AM »
Thug just likes to follow us round saying 'I rold you so'... :P ;)