Author Topic: SoM is here  (Read 7996 times)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
SoM is here
« on: December 02, 2009, 05:25:27 PM »
Codemasters did it again. SoM is here now, and I am not kidding you  :)

EDIT: Ok, seems that just the client has to be updated to get into game, but the servers are still running without SoM. Dang :(
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 05:29:48 PM by Jarkko »

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: SoM is here
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 05:31:45 PM »
Codemasters did it again. SoM is here now, and I am not kidding you  :)

EDIT: Ok, seems that just the client has to be updated to get into game, but the servers are still running without SoM. Dang :(

Was about to post a similar topic, but figured I would check the CM forums first and see what i could find there.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 05:59:12 PM »
Something weird going on though. I got two Mace of the Glutton drops from Tinnudir robbers (the level 33-35 ones), as I happened to kill four of them. That mace requires Honour rank 5, so not quite sure why it was dropping in Tinnudir...

Anyway, had to log off now, lots to do today and I have the damn early shift at work tomorrow.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 06:13:10 PM »
So should i use the pre-patch now? Or not? Don't want to screw up my client, but dont want to download 1 Gig with my connection again...
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2009, 06:28:39 PM »
So should i use the pre-patch now? Or not? Don't want to screw up my client, but dont want to download 1 Gig with my connection again...

start game at login screen point it to where you downloaded and wait, it will apply it ready for whatever patch we get tomorrow for localisation and quick bug squashes.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2009, 06:31:48 PM »
k, nice, thx  :)
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2009, 06:48:28 PM »
Mines not applying. Clicking on update, pointing to download location, clicking open.

Lotro closes then nowt else happens. Tried running both in admin, still nothing.

Any ideas?

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2009, 06:54:27 PM »
Mines not applying. Clicking on update, pointing to download location, clicking open.

Lotro closes then nowt else happens. Tried running both in admin, still nothing.

Any ideas?

wait, mine seemed to do nowt for a few minutes then went through its usual update process, i wasnt getting the washing machine or anything but patience will out.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2009, 06:56:58 PM »
Ok, so I clicked Update and pointed it, nothing happened.

So i click continue instead, and now its updating something...

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2009, 07:12:45 PM »
your pointing it to the exe file in the folder "LOTROEU_Mirkwood_Standalone_Patch_European"? and not just the folder?

afaik (from previous patches) hitting continue redownloads the patch.

you could always run the DL'd exe by itself.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2009, 07:13:40 PM »
Using Win 7 and it went ok for me, pointed it at the place my torrent had saved the exe and then it did its things all fine and dandy.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2009, 07:19:57 PM »
my RL friend is the impatient type as well he got his working by twiddling his thumbs for 5 mins then it went as expected.

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2009, 08:18:54 PM »
As I mentioned earlier in game, I think I'm using an incomplete file.

I know for sure I have the complete file on my home PC, so will give it a go when I get back.

Cheers for the input anyway guys.

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2009, 05:26:53 AM »
Checked the game before getting to work this morning. There was a patch to download, the game proceeded to download it about half-way in a couple minutes, then got an 403 error (what ever that means). Anyway, looks like the patch for today isn't very big.

I hope the servers are up when I get home from work at 12 GMT, can't wait to check out the skirmishes :)

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2009, 09:03:06 AM »
my client is updating something like 3820 files at the mo servers are still down though.