Author Topic: A new attempt at getting some levels in this game  (Read 5159 times)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
Re: A new attempt at getting some levels in this game
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2009, 03:33:07 PM »
Yep, found it and done. Though I think I may have spent my wifes ebay earnings without realising it...

Anyway, will download when I get home. If I install from the MM discs, how much patchage am I looking at?

And which Kin are you boys in these days?

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2009, 03:36:13 PM »
Yep, found it and done. Though I think I may have spent my wifes ebay earnings without realising it...

Anyway, will download when I get home. If I install from the MM discs, how much patchage am I looking at?

And which Kin are you boys in these days?

Its not available yet last patch was book 8 iirc not sure what size that is from MM release.

SOM will be available to download end NOV with final patching around 1st Dec (ish) (1st is US release date but turbine arent known to wait on EU localisation before releasing) but your launcher will autopatch when it becomes available.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2009, 03:40:06 PM »
Garrys with TLA still I think, and well you know where I am (when i play - I have "rage" issues and tend to log on for a day, play, then log annoyed :( )
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2009, 03:42:08 PM »
Kurtt may be in TLA, but as I recall they have a pretty strict 'boot em if they're offline' policy (could be wrong) so probably unkinned atm.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2009, 04:00:24 PM »
Kurtt may be in TLA, but as I recall they have a pretty strict 'boot em if they're offline' policy (could be wrong) so probably unkinned atm.

they do but ill check next time i log on (this eve prob) and see if your still in ;) maybe Emmas been nice and not booted you.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2009, 04:21:52 PM »
(this eve prob)

Did someone say EvE?
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2009, 04:34:25 PM »
(this eve prob)

Did someone say EvE?

ill give you a forum slap in a minute ;)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2009, 04:35:42 PM »
sorry, going afk now, will have to wait a bit more I'm afraid
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2009, 04:43:19 PM »
sorry, going afk now, will have to wait a bit more I'm afraid

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2009, 12:09:06 PM »
Finally finished updating the game this morning.

I have to say, it seems a lot more polished than I remember. May be because my PC is slightly better spec, and its also running in DirectX 10. Everything looks so shiny. I like what they've done with the quest system, as I did have some difficulty tracking down the odd quest objective.

Also seems a bit more responsive also, though again, that may just be my PC. I'm going to be devoting a bit of time to Kurtt to get him into Moria and continue the epic story, and try and get a bit further with Norro, my Hunter, also.

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2009, 12:51:07 PM »
I'll activate LOTRO too in a couple weeks again. My time in WoW is running out, and I won't continue paying for that.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2009, 01:07:31 PM »
Finally finished updating the game this morning.

I have to say, it seems a lot more polished than I remember. May be because my PC is slightly better spec, and its also running in DirectX 10. Everything looks so shiny. I like what they've done with the quest system, as I did have some difficulty tracking down the odd quest objective.

Also seems a bit more responsive also, though again, that may just be my PC. I'm going to be devoting a bit of time to Kurtt to get him into Moria and continue the epic story, and try and get a bit further with Norro, my Hunter, also.

Ive said it many times before but every major patch just adds that extra level of polish to LOTRO, SOM is improving combat responsiveness as well, by stopping auto attack animations from slowing down skill activations, and making mounts a passive ability rather than a carry in the bag item, so for people like me with multiple mounts thats ace :)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2009, 01:09:32 PM »
I like what they've done with the quest system, as I did have some difficulty tracking down the odd quest objective.

* Mangala bites tongue.

Thats one of the things that I aint a fan of - which is why I turn it off :)

Edit after garry: SoM could be the expansion/large patch that gets me into the game again and stps my rage on the combat issues!  As for graphics/polish - it does seem to get better with each iteration - although as you suggest Dan, that could be the fact that both of us have updated our tech over time...

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2009, 01:25:10 PM »
I like what they've done with the quest system, as I did have some difficulty tracking down the odd quest objective.

* Mangala bites tongue.

Thats one of the things that I aint a fan of - which is why I turn it off :)

Edit after garry: SoM could be the expansion/large patch that gets me into the game again and stps my rage on the combat issues!  As for graphics/polish - it does seem to get better with each iteration - although as you suggest Dan, that could be the fact that both of us have updated our tech over time...

I know your not a fan of the quest system matey ;)

For me though, I just find it increases my overall enjoyment to stick my brain in neutral and follow the arrows :D

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2009, 04:26:12 PM »
I still have a 2 month GTC lying around, might activate again when more ppl rejoin (if RL permits)