Author Topic: Re: Red Versus Blue. Endless war.  (Read 22483 times)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Re: Red Versus Blue. Endless war.
« Reply #60 on: July 21, 2011, 10:44:23 PM »
eating unlimited sushi with beth, gunnarr, et al that night  ;)
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #61 on: July 21, 2011, 10:44:54 PM »
eating unlimited sushi with beth, gunnarr, et al that night  ;)

Bads.

Enjoy it though :)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #62 on: July 23, 2011, 11:13:09 AM »
It went really well. I missed the first part as I was still on mah way home, but I ended up fcing the 2nd part.

An attendee (none rvber) did a write up:

http://www.the20minuters.com/ganked

Came home from work yesterday and logged onto EVE as one does.  I’d pretty much finished moving all the stuff I wanted to move to my new home with Chain of Chaos so I could join one of their gangs or… I could go climb into “new eden’s finest combat vessel” and join the first RvB GankED night [ link ]. The existence of said night had been pointed out to me by Fade toBlack a couple days prior.  Flying a big fat Hurricane near home or a gracious Rifter in null that isn’t really even a contest since I’m totally gay for frigates. So I set off for Autaris stopping over in Jita on the way to grab two Rifters.

It’s the right thing to do.

After joining the fleet channel -seems some people actually use eve voice- and nearly going deaf because EVE apparently thinks voice should be retardedly louder then all the other ingame sounds. I was pleased to notice the general level of  jolliness and intoxication was high before we left the gate, this is always a good thing, also sexy British accents all over. Joining RvB voice is not at all unlike walking into an English countryside pub.

When we headed out to M-OEE8 it was an hour later then scheduled, and comms discipline which was almost non existent an hour before had completely disintegrated by now. There were a bunch of bubbles on the in-gate and it took the fleet like five minutes to clear them, luckily the sight of 50+ Rifters had chased off the campers upon our arrival. We were told to warp to m4n1c m1n3r half of the fleets still warped strait to the out-gate and promptly got caught in a drag bubble, where we missed a tackle on Chribba’s Tengu (yes, really) because of our excellent discipline.

We stumbled on like this until we jumped into N-FK87 where to our total surprise (who needs scouts anyway right?), we found a T3 fleet. And then *magic* happened suddenly primaries and secondaries where being called and like a bunch of drunken terriers we sunk our 150mm teeth in and didn’t let go till we were all dead,  but not without taking two Scimitars, a Loki, a Tengu and a Stabber Fleet Issue with us. We lost pretty much our entire fleet but it was great fun and totally worth it! [Battle Report].

Time to reship and go again!  Ship restrictions where lifted this time round and a number of people jumped into bigger ships. I jumped into my second Rifter how anyone could ever cheat on it after that last fight was beyond me.

While we were passing the wreck littered site of our previous engagement a fleet member that was trying to catch up to the main body reported he’d been exploded by a big gate camp. The FC inquired where this had happened and, with honour to be satisfied  now, we headed out to avenge our fallen comrades death!

We found the mixed NC. & Raiden. camp in KLY-C0 and set to work. I need to mention Mangala here who did an absolutely superb  job calling targets. Thanks to his calling and more drunken terrier antics we took down a fair number of them including four HAC’s and half a dozen or so battlecruisers. The fight was pretty intense and we did quite well for a rag tag fleet with no logistics in my opinion. All in all it was a really good and fun fight, one of those fights bitter vets claim never happen in EVE anymore, well they’re wrong I was in one just yesterday night! [Battle Report].

Thank you, RvB and Tim ‘AFK’ Pest & Mangala in particular for an excellent night of EVE fun. When RvB does another one of these I will most certainly attend and I highly recommend you, dear reader, do too. It’s buckets of fun.

Offline Chug

• HoJ Members
  • Cogniscenti
  • i'm a bounty hunter, lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 23, 2011, 11:59:28 AM »
I was tempted to join, but tbh nowhere near skilled enough, and would have gone instantly. Incidently - me, knoodle, lot and Pashy (PK) decided to wander into Low Sec for a bit of fun. Ended up getting station ganked by a slepnir. Still funny

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #64 on: July 23, 2011, 04:44:48 PM »
I was tempted to join, but tbh nowhere near skilled enough, and would have gone instantly. Incidently - me, knoodle, lot and Pashy (PK) decided to wander into Low Sec for a bit of fun. Ended up getting station ganked by a slepnir. Still funny

To join roams like this, all you need is prop jamming I, the ability to fit a frig or a cruiser and some ears to listen to the FC.  No other skills are required when you are being herded about :)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #65 on: August 22, 2011, 01:54:26 PM »
I FC'd RVB Ganked 2 on Saturday, was a great time indeed.

Here's the write up I did for the RVB forums:

Part One
Started off with the meetup in Autaris (was very few blinkies meeting us in Jan as it turned out), way earlier than planned as well why not?  So Donga was a go.  By the time we left we had nearly 70 Thorax's in fleet and my Donga was vertical. What can I say, the sight of all those 'rax hulls made me horny. (4 Deimos, 1 Phobos, x number of Thorax's, a couple of Vexors and some Incursus)

We headed off with our first destination set as UMI-KK, had a couple of guys scouting (Geoffer and Eveess), they inform us of a Drake on the M-O gate in Taisy, that was jumping as we hit the Taisy gate in Nalvula. So I ordered us to jump to Taisy and get to M-O AS-Fukken-P and jump in after said Drake.

However, I didnt ask the scouts to get in before us, so we jumped into half a dozen large bubbles, with a bunch of 'canes and random crap sitting off them at range. Suddenly same drake decloaks near us so I order us to burn and kill it, he melted, then the others sides fleet comes bouncing in and getting screwed by their own bubbles - they got in deep so couldnt warp out. While 3 of the Deimos (including the ever so fail FC  :oops: ) and some of our smaller stuff died fast, the large majority of the fleet took care of business:

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=10463778 

Code: [Select]
Kills: 29
Losses: 16
Damage done (ISK): 1.26B - 1264.49M
Damage received (ISK): 0.56B - 564.89M
Efficiency: 69.12%

(Some ships show on "our" side that were not there - but EVEKills battle reports dont let you narrow down the time period, so all sorts can show for a given system).

Part Two
So after the FC and other losses reship, we moved on to UMI-KK through a very deserted Tribute.  We set course through Pure Blind from here, taking in a few systems and a biobreak.  As we all returned one of the scouts reported a few people being in ROIR-Y, ones he couldnt shoot due to no more alliance (lol politics) :(  As sat on the ROIR-Y gate, waiting for him to leave it so we could jump in, he suddenly exclaims "guys, there was some on the G95-VZ gate, hold in that system", and suddenly a few ships jump into us and die in an awful fire and get sent home the fast way - POD EXPRESS!!

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=10464459

Kills: 7
Losses: 0
Damage done (ISK): 0.03B - 27.03M
Damage received (ISK): 0B - 0M
Efficiency: 100%

Part Three
After the small instance of buttsex our thorax fleet perfomed on the above, we moved up into Fade, shooting station services along the way - enjoy those mails you 0.0 slumlords you!  Eventually we got to the K4YZ-Y gate, and our scout reported some people both in system and on station. Suddenly Yoshi steps up and offers his Deimos as bait to get them off station.  This cunning ploy worked, however when his relief (all of us) jumped in we found a group waiting for us on the gate, so we pewpew'd them, either forcing them off or killing them, too late for Yoshi as he died while we were busy.

We then moved to their station as the guys who killed Yoshi were still agressed, and we got a couple of them before they managed to dock/warp off (wait no scrams?!!!).  They valiantly tried to smack in local, but this didnt scare us at all, so they undocked a whole bunch of stuff, followed by 3 carriers.  We bravely got to work and started killing things before the carriers got reps onto them, however all of a sudden a fleet member calls "Machariel on field", so I immediately had us switch targets and we threw all dps at the Mach until it melted under our guns, despite the reps from Carriers....

Then, some discretion took over as our numbers were whittling down, and while fire was our aim, faggotry fire involving caps wasnt.  So we bailed to lick our wounds, pod the shipless home.

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=10464449

Kills: 40
Losses: 42
Damage done (ISK): 2.41B - 2414.57M
Damage received (ISK): 1.09B - 1092.87M
Efficiency: 68.84%

Part Four
The ragtag band of survivors then decided to head back to empire, hoping to find a better fire along the way, however it soon turned out a bunch of guys were following us, so we formed up - those few who were left - on our out gate in F-NMX6.  Shortly thereafter a group of mainly frigates landed on the gate.  Some jumped as soon as we aggressed, however the majority stayed, and fought.  It was about this time that i gave up target calling and just said "kill everything", which is pretty much what happened.

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=10464632

Kills: 22
Losses: 1
Damage done (ISK): 0.27B - 274.66M
Damage received (ISK): 0.05B - 49.02M
Efficiency: 84.86%

The rest of the journey home was very uneventful, sad to say I my pod+clone survived the whole night and I only lost 1 ship out of the 4 I had set aside, but it was a brilliant roam, and totally glad I was there from the beginning, I even learned the odd thing or two about FCing (and how to spell the word HOLDING).

Very much looking forward to the 3rd night. So stay tuned for more details!

(PS. A final note, just an apology from me to those who either had to install TS3 or couldnt/wouldnt so couldnt make it, EVE Voice has many issues for some people and I have my personal doubts about it in fleets of 50+, so I made arrangements to use the Ganknight TS3 on very short notice to save any voice related hassles from connection issues etc.  I should have made certain to inform people properly of this much possibility much earlier than on the night.)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #66 on: September 01, 2011, 07:05:01 PM »
Saturday 10th September.

Be there.

http://rvb.tech-pc.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2831

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #67 on: September 11, 2011, 12:52:52 PM »
Thrashers was awesome :)

A fleet member got his missus to sing RVB Happy Birthday on comms:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRhgDkg95fs

And tim from rvb made a video of the night too (its mainly a highlight reel):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teP_yFwMYgA

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #68 on: September 17, 2011, 08:56:23 PM »
Ivy League Declares War Against RvB - RED Federation
Sent: 2011.09.17 20:43

Ivy League has declared war on RvB - RED Federation. Within 24 hours fighting can legally occur between those involved.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 17, 2011, 09:12:30 PM »
is that Eve Uni?

if so should be fun for both sides.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #70 on: September 17, 2011, 10:42:20 PM »
Aye it is.

They dropped their dock in war policy for a month, and decced blue, red, the orphanage, and got 5 decs from others to.  All to demonstrate to newbs why they have the policies they do.

Cant wait for tomorrow night.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #71 on: September 17, 2011, 10:48:15 PM »

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #72 on: September 19, 2011, 07:57:40 AM »
I so FC'd a 100man gang against a similar sized gang with logis and ecm, and my fleet won:

http://redfed.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=10667124

On the eve uni board:

http://killboard.eveuniversity.org/?a=kill_related&kll_id=6736

(EVE Uni has its members post comments against all losses/kills explaining what happened etc, check them out :D

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #73 on: September 19, 2011, 01:26:37 PM »
Be the ordeal sharp or long, or both, we shall seek no terms, we shall tolerate no parlay; we may show mercy – we shall ask for none.

Eve University, what can I say about them that has not already been said by so many others before me.  They are good for Eve, good for the hordes of new players who pass through their doors, and partake in the lectures and classes offered by their instructors.  Many go on to be productive members of society on Tranquility, others take up less salubrious roles, even more just shoot npc's all day in some mindless quest for isk. Then of course there are those who mine.

Despite all the good, in the minds of many something about Eve University does not ring true, could it be the cult like way ex-members talk about them, or could it be the non-aggressive stance they take, in a world wrought by war and terror? Yes, it is that exactly.  How can an entity that tries so hard to be good for Tranquility, be so opposed to the basic fact of life here: People die, often in explosions.

However, it seems that for some time all has not been right within the sheltered halls of Eve University, people have been questioning their non-aggressive stance, been wanting to know exactly why they wave the white flag when attacked, why they dock in their stations and refuse to come out, why with their numbers can they not fight!  And so they took the decision to fight, and to take that fight to some of the best and brightest in the Empire controlled area's of Tranquility.

Best, being Red Federation & Blue Republic.

When we heard the war drums beating for the upcoming conflict, both sides rapidly started gearing up and putting our plans in motion, including a combined fleet that would roll down to their space and punch them in the face repeatedly, for having the audacity to challenge US! 

Cue a day spent gathering intel and forming a fleet, which when it did roll out was amazing to see, nearly 100 Red and Blue pilots working well together and moving as only a well oiled machine should. After a small stop to reship in Hek, we moved onwards towards Aldrat, having heard that the Eve University defence fleet had annihilated a smaller, but stronger (on paper) fleet from another group who they had challenged to a war.

Never give in — never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy

Fleet was split at this news with much doomsaying from several of the fleet, however I as Fleet Commander knew that come what may our 15 Battleships, 35 Battlecruisers and myriad other supporting vessels would eventually win the day, once again demonstrating the superiority of Red & Blue over all challengers to be found in Empire space.

However there was the small matter of an insidious smell following us around as we endeavoured to pull the Eve University fleet out of Aldrat, it turned out that there was a spy (possibly more) in our fleet reporting everything we said and did to a neutral party who then fed all that information publically to Eve University in the local chat of Aldrat. So after bouncing back one system then changing tactic too fast for anyone to catch on, I ordered the destruction of the spies ship.

Suddenly, Eve University lost their will to even camp their own in gate and retreated to their POS.  It seems I had hit one nail on the head perfectly.  Using this mistake by their command, I order the Glorious RVB fleet, now numbering over 110 ships to jump into Aldrat and we immediately started hitting various safe spots in system, all the while demanding they speak to us, tell us why they chose us to have a war with, and then not fight us at all.

Eventually, the only reply they gave was a Raven un-docking from their headquarters and attacking a fleet member, which resulted in our fleet warping in and destroying said Raven, just as the entire Eve University fleet landed to try and save him.  Battle was brought.

Immediately I called several targets including various battleships and battlecruisers, wanting to get these heavy hitting vessels out of the fight early on - and having intel of my own, I knew several of their command would be flying such vessels.  Cut off the head and the body dies does it not?

And that worked, as I called more and targets, they fell faster and faster, eventually the Eve University fleet - what remained of it - bailed off their OWN headquarters and we were victorious.  Scoring the first victory against Tranquility's latest aggressors, despite the other forces arrayed against them.

It is fatal to enter any war without the will to win it.

All in all chaps, yesterday's OP was a huge success on so many levels, demonstrating what we can do when we put aside the nonsense that so often plagues our daily explosive interactions and are united by a common enemy.

I totally look forward to seeing us do as well, if not better in the future.

(My write up of lastnights rvbvstudents fun

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 19, 2011, 01:34:17 PM »
Spoken like a true RP-er  :D

Nice write-up though  ;)
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166