Author Topic: Dragon age: Origins  (Read 12121 times)

Offline Gunnarr

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
Dragon age: Origins
« on: August 02, 2009, 01:13:59 PM »
I completely missed this little Bioware project....but I must say it looks pretty! :)
Guess I'll keep an eye on it from now on.

Trailers:
From E3:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNWppHev3ZA

Gameplay: http://ve3d.ign.com/videos/50817/PC/Dragon-Age-Origins/Trailer/Flemeth-High-Fight-Trailer  <- this one impressed me most, the trailers are probably prettied up anyway. :)

And two more:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SuJ5T9sfAA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ydNSWgSMok

"There is no Planet B." (Seen on a banner at Copenhagen)
Quoted for brilliance.

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
Re: Dragon age: Origins
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 01:21:47 PM »
been following this for a while.

probably this and diablo3 are the games im most waiting for

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 01:39:09 PM »
preorderd a while ago  ;)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2009, 02:46:37 PM »
If I get an rpg in the next few months, this is probably the one. Been keeping an eye on it ever since bioware announced it a few years ago.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2009, 10:18:36 AM »
For those who have been asleep , this could possibly be the best RPG on PC in an age ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKeEsG6mmHg
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2009, 10:22:36 AM »
For those who have been asleep , this could possibly be the best RPG on PC in an age ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKeEsG6mmHg

Beaten like a red-headed step-child!

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2009, 10:23:49 AM »
my brains obviously asleep today lol

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2009, 05:23:53 AM »
Fileplanet (I know I know), has the Character Creator tool available to download:

http://www.fileplanet.com/206215/download/Dragon-Age-Origins-Creature-Creator

Other sites may pick this up too - hope so as I cannot remember my login at mo :)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2009, 02:45:00 PM »
downloading it at the mo (well in q)

318 meg :)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 02:56:39 PM by Caradir »

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2009, 03:06:00 PM »
i dl'ed it from a link on the official site took 5 mins .

fileplanet can go poo :)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2009, 05:55:50 PM »
Im a sucker for pre-order shinies, but seems every where has something different :(

I hate choice!

Offline Kathras

• MAADI
  • Literati
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2009, 08:23:22 PM »
Im a sucker for pre-order shinies, but seems every where has something different :(

I hate choice!

I used to pre-order, but its a bit silly down here in socal.  Fry's Electronics always has a wall full of any popular, new game.
"Uncompromising men are easy to admire." - fictional character

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2009, 09:12:55 PM »
going to get it on day of release could be a bit dodgy pre-ordering with the threatened postal strikes unless you go down the DDL route.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2009, 05:38:19 PM »

I hate choice!

ive decided on Game as they are the only retailer doing the CE in UK so cancelled my Play order.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2009, 04:56:23 PM »
Already went with Game - decided a game like this deserves to have an actual place on my shelf :)

Also, anyone know if the game supports MP of any sort? Would be good to play a coop game thru etc etc