Author Topic: What are we all currently playing?  (Read 51706 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: What are we all currently playing?
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2010, 04:05:16 PM »
Enjoying it so far. It's set very early in the war and the Decepticon campaign is first. For the first chapter, Megatron leads an assault on an orbital science facility commanded by some fellow named Starscream by crashing a starship into it. He's chasing something called Dark Energon (the story isn't taking itself too seriously). Once Starscream sees Megatron can control it he switches sides (Jetfire is not impressed) and you head back down to Cybertron to reactivate an energon bridge. The third chapter is a full scale assault on the Autobot city-state Iacon. I haven't started that yet, but it strikes me as an ideal time for the really big Transformers to start appearing, as promised in the spectacular intro movie.

I had the choice of actually playing Megatron in the first chapter, but I wasn't sure what the game would expect of me if I took command of the squad. Nothing much really, it turns out, which is why I played as Starscream in the second chapter. The characters tend to argue amongst themselves while you're running around. Not so noticeable in the first chapter - I mean who gives Megatron attitude? - but Starscream and his Sweepers insult each other quite a bit. I have also found myself starting to switch back and forth between robot and vehicle modes a lot more as I get comfortable with the control system. This is the first non-MMO I've played in something like six or seven years, and even then I mostly played WoW, so I've had some muscle memory to overcome.

Also, being able to transform into a jet is really handy for when you accidentally jump off into space, or over a really, really long drop. A tank, not so much.

I think the Autobot leader at the moment is Zeta Prime, who we are likely to kill off at the end of the Decepticon campaign I suspect, setting the stage for the Autobot campaign and the ascension of an Autobot officer named Optimus Prime...

Mmm, sounds spanky. You playing this on the PC?

Steams selling it iirc.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2010, 04:55:01 PM »
Steams selling it iirc.

£29.99 on Steam £26.47 @ Amazon.co.uk, everywhere else is £39.99.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2010, 05:53:06 PM »
With me its  WoW and Eve MMO wise. Borderlands (still. MP is awesome) Disciples 3, L4D and L4D2 (lets get more games planned mateys)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #48 on: July 22, 2010, 09:06:03 PM »
officially playing toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many games.

And because of this Im loosing patience with everything too easily.  How the fuck can I stop playing everything! (Everything is fun until something stupid happens then I get annoyed....)

Seriously Im like a gaming junkie right now.

*this weeks list:

EVE *oh god corp ui and pi ui. Please for the love of god stop primarying draeks and mallers.
Lotro *oh god lonelands wont stop
Wow
WAR *stop blueballing me. T4 is still lame. Dont run from the warcamp in 1's, thats free kills you are giving away.
Alien Swarm
Lfd
Lfd 2
MTW 2
Sim City 4
TF2
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 09:21:54 PM by Mangala »

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 22, 2010, 11:48:42 PM »
Suprisingly, WAR. Really enjoying it this time round. Granted, I'm not in Tier 4, but I may just have a peek and see if I can leach enough RP's to get somewhere.

I'm actually playing it like a PvP game this time, rather than just WoW with a Warhammer skin. Running smoother too.

So much so in fact, that I've just subbed up...

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2010, 05:47:34 AM »
Currently all my gaming time goes into Victoria 2, LOTRO, Monster Hunter 3 and a bit Dominions3 :)

Offline elv

• Friends
  • Literati
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2010, 07:37:16 AM »
still waiting for someone to do something interesting with a new MMO and playing on the (dare I say it I know its a dirty word on these forums) Xbox!! Fifa10 and COD4.

failing any interesting new MMO's Ill probably buy the new wow exp and level up.

Laters elv

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2010, 08:19:40 AM »
still waiting for someone to do something interesting with a new MMO and playing on the (dare I say it I know its a dirty word on these forums) Xbox!! Fifa10 and COD4.

failing any interesting new MMO's Ill probably buy the new wow exp and level up.

Laters elv

Elv, download the War for Cybertron multiplayer demo. Currently playing that and really enjoying it. Plus, we can have a chinwag over Xbox Live.

In fact, you should all download it and we'll get stuck in! Planning on picking up the full game come payday.

Offline Darkstirm

• HoJ Members
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2010, 10:04:04 AM »
LOTRO is the only game I'm really playing at the moment. Of course, I still suffer violently from alt-itis so none of my toons progress very far...sigh.

I've given up on WoW. With HoJ disappearing, that was the final straw. I had been failing to keep up with anybody on any of my toons (although I did get my pally to 70 or so much to my own shock) and everything just took too much damn time. It ended up feeling like work rather than fun.

Not been on WAR since T1 went F2P. Was fun while it lasted but we didn't have much in common. It wasn't WAR, it was me. I was just not in "that place" in my life at the time.

Dabbled with Champions Online. Great fun but never really got into it and spent too much time defending some numpties in a log cabin from a zombie invasion so never levelled properly (spotting a trend?).

Tried Eve a number of times. It's gorgeous but I think i'm too shallow to commit :D

Occasionally play Dragonage. God that game is beautiful.

Would love an urban fantasy MMO. I'm thinking of The Dresden Files or something based on Charles Stross' books.

Maybe if there was an MMO with 1 class and 1 race especially for altoholics like me...

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2010, 12:17:05 PM »
HOJ dissapearing thats news to me  :)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #55 on: November 02, 2010, 02:36:50 PM »
HOJ dissapearing thats news to me  :)

Me too - what guild is that im in ;)

Offline Darkstirm

• HoJ Members
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2010, 02:47:01 PM »
The original HoJ. Back in the days when Molten Core was the ultimate raid. Back then, rogues knew their place, there were no huntards and everyone got on very well.

Them were the days. You young pups don't know how good you've got it with your 10 man raids, flying mounts and epics out the wazoo...

<retires to corner grumbling>

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #57 on: November 02, 2010, 02:49:49 PM »
The original HoJ. Back in the days when Molten Core was the ultimate raid. Back then, rogues knew their place, there were no huntards and everyone got on very well.

Them were the days. You young pups don't know how good you've got it with your 10 man raids, flying mounts and epics out the wazoo...

We had to raid barefoot in the snow with no boss mods ;)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 02, 2010, 02:59:09 PM »

We had to raid barefoot in the snow with no boss mods ;)

yeah WoW used to be a challenge didnt it :) now its all zerg instances , small bite size chunks, and epix for all.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 22, 2011, 10:21:36 PM »
angry birds browser game

http://chrome.angrybirds.com/