Author Topic: Inty killers  (Read 725 times)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Inty killers
« on: July 27, 2009, 05:16:17 PM »
These are bothering me it seems, as I keep mulling about how to take em on.
After the Rapier, a new idea has come up: AFs.
Have EFT-built both a Jag and a Wolf that are specifically designed to take these buggers on.

Been looking at the GK killboard for inty losses to see what they fit. A good deal (~halfish) are armortanked, the rest has no tank. This means the weakspot of them is not EM, but thermal, kinetic or explosive, depending on shiprace. So I will use a mix of Phased Plasma (Therm/Kin) and Titanium Sabboth (Kin/Explo) ammo and might throw some Fusion ammo (Explo/Kin) too.
Next, they all have scram on board. This means an MWD has little use, as they will prolly do the engaging anyway, so I fit an AB T2.
Also, esp the minmatar inties (40ish % of all their inties) use a lot of EMP and Fusion Ammo, which means I will have to tank against that. EM damage is no problem, as long as you armor tank (90% EM resist there). So I will armor tank and throw explo resists into the mix. Weakspot will be Kinetic dam (45/20 resist).
This unfortunately means that I will be vulnerable to hybrids and missiles (I see the guys that have missile launchers on board use bloodclaw missiles a lot.) Luckily, they rarely fly Caldari/Gallente ships (only ones that use these weapons in force). So, I will have to steer clear from them. Also them using Barrage ammo will be a liability, but I will just have to hope the best I guess.

The ships:

[Wolf, antiinti]
N-Type Reactive Membrane I
Overdrive Injector System II
Tracking Enhancer II

1MN Afterburner II
Warp Scrambler II

200mm AutoCannon II, Titanium Sabot S
200mm AutoCannon II, Phased Plasma S
Small 'Knave' I Energy Drain

[empty rig slot]
[empty rig slot]

[Jaguar, antiinti]
200mm Reinforced Rolled Tungsten Plates I

1MN Afterburner II
Patterned Stasis Web I
Warp Scrambler II
F-12 Nonlinear Tracking Processor, Tracking Speed

Small 'Knave' I Energy Drain

[empty rig slot]
[empty rig slot]

The Wolf, true to it's name does most damage: 105 dps, but is vulnerable for webs and has lower ehp: 4245. Cap stable at 79% with vampire off. 1058 m/s with AB on (i.e. 400ish when webbed, too slow to keep up with a scrammed inty (700ish)).
The Jaguar is better equipped for this I think and is my personal favorite. Although it only puts out 78 dps, it can web the inty back, so is boss in speed in all situations (speed with AB 965 m/s -> 350ish when webbed, vs. 300 for webbed and scrammed inty). This also meant I could slam a big armorplate on it (the decrease in speed doesnt matter), giving it 5453 ehp.
The Jag is capstable at 55% with vamp off.

What do you guys think?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 05:19:28 PM by Warcold »
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: Inty killers
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 05:25:31 PM »
* Mangala thinks just snipe them from 200km in a HAC :)

Being serious, seems like a plausible role for the Af range of ships to be fair.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
Re: Inty killers
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 06:37:46 PM »
They won't engage HACs :)
You won't be able to lock em fast enough really. Unless Hrod's idea of the support cruiser is put into use. I would like to try that sometime really. If someone else sensorboosts for me, I can reach about 100km with the Muninn (dont have to fit a sensorbooster in that case, so got room for 2 tracking CPUs).
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166