Author Topic: Alliance reimbursement  (Read 682 times)

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Alliance reimbursement
« on: July 14, 2009, 02:22:51 PM »
Just moaning abit...
Is deridia a moron??
Doesn't he understand the simple idea of insurance and the effect it has on the loss of a ship?
Starts mumbling about modules and fitting good stuff... In what way does that have anything to do with the insurance payout which might make it so that you can MAKE money by losing ships...
Meh...

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: Alliance reimbursement
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 02:54:21 PM »
ship insurance and no ship insurance.

only a few t2 ships are even intresting to insure , i think you get like 10-15 mil tops on a HAC for example but the price is over 100 .

an raven (t1) pays out 108 but cost 33 to insure

what we will try at first step is to cover the diffrence between so for example :

T1 bs = 30 mil = pilot get a new ship and can reinsure for free and even get a few mil on the side to cover for "some" modules

T2 frig , usless to insure but do cost 10-20 mil = 10 -20 mil

t2 hac , can be insured to gain a tad of isk = 90% of hull cost in reembursement or similar

So in short alwasy go for plat insurance , if a pilot dont insure we wont hold it against em , its thier loss.

taken from my similar question in the ceo section. 

I really think these people have a messy grasp of english, as Im still trying to work out what Aftermath said to me in the above.  Does look like they'll give reimbursement somehow.

Then Derida with this:

T1: concord isk from insurance will be reimbursed
T2: hull+rigs

All t1 fleet bs´s and ships will have rigs on it, if we just payout the concord insurance pilots won´t make profit as it will rearly cover the new insurance + rigs + fit. people will have a small loss, no idea how much we will see

All t2 ships get ship hull + rigs reimbursed. fitting stays to be payed by the pilot. mostly t2 ships will be ceptor or cruiser size, fittings are not that expensive but the rigs and the ships is what makes the big hole in the pocket.

Seems to me they are making the policy up as they go along, that the idea was there, but the actual mechanics of it were not :(
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Re: Alliance reimbursement
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 03:27:12 PM »
No grasp on how insurance (this is insurance in all but name) works and how moral hazard will affect it all eventually (especially with their love for "elite" "special" or whatnot pvp groups).
This will not end well if they don't realize that the loss should be counted AFTER insurance payout rather than before.