Author Topic: Politics Thread - What does the future hold?  (Read 17595 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Politics Thread - What does the future hold?
« on: June 18, 2009, 11:04:07 PM »
So The Great War II is over. 

A once powerful alliance has become renegades, with no holdings of their own, having to rely on the graces of what are seen as temporary allies by many in the form of AAA, and the few who have been allied forever.  The Goons are now the holders of the richest space in the West, the North has Triumvirate to beat on (again) and its naps to go home to.  To the south AAA and other russians are carving out an empire along side Bobby and his boys in Atlas. In the East the drone regions are a flame with conflicts big and small.  In the midst of all this Red Alliance, formally a stalwart Ally to all but BoB has just announced it is resetting ALL standings - Red & Blue - it had with any entity in New Eden, all as a result of a change of leadership; Whether a good thing for the cluster or the beginning of the end for a once great alliance only the future has the answer.

One question that remains, will we see more resets and the end of coalitions and powerblocs? Will the one entitiy that could really set the world fighting again apart from Goons - Pandemic Legion - go crazy and call for blood?  Again the future alone knows.

Stay tuned - I'll keep this thread for cluster political stuff as things unfold in the coming days, weeks, months and hopefully years!
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: Politics Thread - What does the future hold?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2009, 07:38:08 AM »
So Red Alliance, previously claiming to be resetting everyone, didnt. They had an attempt at a coup which got put down and are still Blue to their friends.  However they ejected some corps from the alliance and lost alot of sovereignty in the areas of space they held.  15+ systems just gone.  Atlas, Scorched Earth and others have taken advantage, but mainly these systems are just not held by anyone.

A new landgarab in Insmother for GKC maybe? Or will Bobby and his allies take them over? Or if as I believe the system of C-J6MT is one of those that could be lost, will other Russians such as AAA step in to "save" the system that represents EVE's 1942 Moscow?  The place which nearly saw the end of RA but for that famous russian tenacity.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2009, 08:05:40 AM »
Or if as I believe the system of C-J6MT is one of those that could be lost, will other Russians such as AAA step in to "save" the system that represents EVE's 1942 Moscow?  The place which nearly saw the end of RA but for that famous russian tenacity.

C-J will lose RA sovereignty today.  No one is coming to help RA at this point. The Great War has seemingly tired their allies in addition to an almost civil war like state for RA and and other Russian "allies" following the recent attemped coup within the RA leadership.

Bobby and his merry band really are making some progress.

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2009, 08:35:04 AM »
Weren't kenny allied to some russians??

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2009, 08:37:29 AM »

AAA - Against All Authorities.  A different breed of russians and a group that used to be tight with RA however things changed in a previous spat between them :)

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2009, 08:54:22 AM »

AAA - Against All Authorities.  A different breed of russians and a group that used to be tight with RA however things changed in a previous spat between them :)

There's to many ruskies :P

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2009, 09:06:15 AM »
AAA;
RA;
Red Overlord;
AAA Citizens;
Solar Wing;
Solar Fleet;
Legion of xXDeathXx;
Shadow of xXDeathXx;

All russians.  All the time;

If memory serves, Red Overlord is bankrolled by a russian aluminum magnate - basically has thrown money at the game and his russian brothers to ensure he gets his way.

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2009, 09:09:18 AM »
Weird that there are so many russians playing mmos in general, sure a large country and all but feels like there are fewer germans which is a far richer country with a much higher internet penetration (afaik).

Offline Gunnarr

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2009, 10:09:58 AM »
Certain countries have a much higher percentage of MMO-players for some reason.
One oddity is that you trip over dutchies in any MMO you play, but you'll hardly find any belgians.
Same (small) countries, samish culture....just different hobbies for some reason :)
"There is no Planet B." (Seen on a banner at Copenhagen)
Quoted for brilliance.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2009, 06:17:01 PM »
RA's holdings are shrinking fast: 4 outposts remaining of the 17 they held and 33 sov systems down from over 100.  Will the next week see the end of RA as an actual space holidng entity? Their Goon allies are tryng desperately to aid them, but keep getting doomsdayed by unaligned titan holding alliances in their local staging systems.

Rumor has it the Goons are telling their allies to abandon Scalding Pass and Insmother and help them fight for Drone Space territories, that have an empire entry way, and have IRC and Ethereal Dawn to smack down under a very real threat of the Northern Coalition alliances coming to aid their Goon friends.

Space even after the events of the past few months remains ever more interesting!

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2009, 07:21:08 PM »
What about the BoB/Kenzoku corps I hear people say. First to officially leave was Reikoku (RKK) lead by Dianabolic.  They will be joining Faction Warfare.

Jita, 27 June 2009 -- The last few weeks have seen the end of Reikoku Corporation's and the Band of Brothers Alliance sovereignity in 0.0 space. While it's not the result we played for, it is what it is. Congratulations to our foes and thanks to our members and allies.

The Great War has been many things to us and probably our foes: at times fun, exciting, disappointing, intriguing, and frustrating--often all at the same time. It's now at an end and it is time to move forward. That's EVE and that's the game we enjoy playing. Our alliance and our corporation aren't going to end; we aren't disppearing to PO(s)TBS. We were happy to be part of the greatest conflict in EVE's history; we're equally happy to be moving on.

For RKK it means we can now explore aspects of the game previously unknown to us. We will be joining Faction Warfare on the Minmatar side, pretty much all we've got left is rust and duct-tape so it seems a natural fit. This means that, for now, we will not be part of an in-game alliance, it means that we will revert to the original bonds that made us a Band of Brothers, a bond that has always superceded any IGA. They're our best friends and the best people to have at your side: those relationships won't change.

Everyone else, unless we've spoken to you you may consider this our standings reset - which will be effective from DT on Sunday, 28 June.

Thanks everyone who ever pew-pewed for or against us. It's been a blast for four years; here's hoping for at least another four years of fun, excitment and good gaming.

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2009, 09:43:04 AM »
Have a feeling it is a ploy.
They need to lay low a while to get goons off their backs and rebuild normal fleets and get some income sources that isn't high end moons.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2009, 08:37:06 PM »
What about the BoB/Kenzoku corps I hear people say. First to officially leave was Reikoku (RKK) lead by Dianabolic.  They will be joining Faction Warfare.

Jita, 27 June 2009 -- The last few weeks have seen the end of Reikoku Corporation's and the Band of Brothers Alliance sovereignity in 0.0 space. While it's not the result we played for, it is what it is. Congratulations to our foes and thanks to our members and allies.

The Great War has been many things to us and probably our foes: at times fun, exciting, disappointing, intriguing, and frustrating--often all at the same time. It's now at an end and it is time to move forward. That's EVE and that's the game we enjoy playing. Our alliance and our corporation aren't going to end; we aren't disppearing to PO(s)TBS. We were happy to be part of the greatest conflict in EVE's history; we're equally happy to be moving on.

For RKK it means we can now explore aspects of the game previously unknown to us. We will be joining Faction Warfare on the Minmatar side, pretty much all we've got left is rust and duct-tape so it seems a natural fit. This means that, for now, we will not be part of an in-game alliance, it means that we will revert to the original bonds that made us a Band of Brothers, a bond that has always superceded any IGA. They're our best friends and the best people to have at your side: those relationships won't change.

Everyone else, unless we've spoken to you you may consider this our standings reset - which will be effective from DT on Sunday, 28 June.

Thanks everyone who ever pew-pewed for or against us. It's been a blast for four years; here's hoping for at least another four years of fun, excitment and good gaming.

Another ex-Bob/kenny corp - BNC (Black Nova Corp) has made its home with the Caldari State.  Will EVOL & BNC.E & TAOSP amongst others take on other factions and enjoy sov free warfare against old friends?

For now mere speculation will have to do - maybe they are taking a deserved break from the trials of the past few months, I do hope that Tranquility hasnt seen the last of Sir Molle.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2009, 06:49:38 PM »
Drone regions are in flames, IRC & ED have been routed. RA has a new home thanks to its friends in Goonswarm and xDeathx.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pt82_9FpbLY
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 06:53:17 PM by Mangala »

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2009, 09:23:11 PM »
With BoB out of the way and Goons' influence seemingly stretching all over the universe, will they become the next BoB? - The next most powerful block of players everyone bitches about and dreams about of taking down?
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166