Author Topic: HOI III  (Read 25725 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: HOI III
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2010, 10:22:58 PM »
HOIII: Semper Fi is out now.

Anyone whoi plays HOIII got it, and is it worth a purchase?

Trailer (metal sucks btw Dehn):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iZRZbaVBIU
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 11:12:46 PM by Mangala »
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2011, 12:50:55 PM »
Finally its time for part 9999999999999999999 of the Great European Civil War as fought by myself and Saffy!

And whoever else has HOI3+Semper Fi (no FTM as yet).

We have to use Hamachi to connect so get that and our network is hojgaming, pass is hoj5.

And we also need an evening each week that is good for us to all play this together.  If more folks are interested ofc :D

Also your version should be HoI3 v2.04d (AJBM) the last 4 letters being the important part.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2011, 12:58:12 PM »
Finally its time for part 9999999999999999999 of the Great European Civil War as fought by myself and Saffy!

We have to use Hamachi to connect so get that and our network is hojgaming, pass is hoj5.

And we also need an evening each week that is good for us to all play this together.  If more folks are interested ofc :D

Also your version should be HoI3 v2.04d (AJBM) the last 4 letters being the important part.

Hamachi sucks, seriously causes Network issues on my comp only way to resolve is to remove it
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2011, 12:59:03 PM »
I uninstall it between uses...

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2011, 01:00:31 PM »
If you have Semper Fi, but have game saying you have version 2.04d (HYIsomething or IYIsomething) then, unfortunately, you will need to reinstall (2GB iirc).
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2011, 01:02:30 PM »

Hamachi sucks, seriously causes Network issues on my comp only way to resolve is to remove it

It might work without hamachi, but we worked different issues, so not sure what made it tic...
If hamachi does give issues that you can't overcome, we can try without or with game ranger
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2011, 01:05:03 PM »
Game ranger is wierd though. Its meant to setup the game right to the Mp lobby, but didnt seem to do that for us.

Also non hamachi users can connect - but whether (saf has host you see) it would work with safs isp being random...

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2011, 01:42:30 PM »
HOI Wiki:

http://www.paradoxian.org/hoi3wiki/Newbie_guide

One of the more useful and informative wiki's I have come across for a game recently.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2011, 05:35:45 PM »
My best gaming day is tuesday I guess, but we also play LOTRO that day. mon/wed/thu would be ok too prolly

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2011, 11:29:51 PM »
i has no idea how to play this game, sliders everywhere that seem to do not very much :S
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2011, 07:24:14 AM »
tried the tutorial?

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2011, 07:55:26 AM »
havent tried the tutorial any time recently. (think i'll manage reading the newbie guide today at work :D )
Wednesday is not an option for me.

So that leaves best day to mon and thu?
LORD HELMET:  I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's
former roommate.

LONE STARR:  What's that make us?

LORD HELMET:  Absolutely nothing. Which is what you are
about to become. Prepare to die.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2011, 10:06:20 AM »
Tutorials + plus wiki are your friends.

Windowed mode ftw

(Find the settings file in the steam area - if you use the steam demo) and change it to fullscreen: no.

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2011, 10:26:37 AM »
Tutorials + plus wiki are your friends.

Windowed mode ftw

(Find the settings file in the steam area - if you use the steam demo) and change it to fullscreen: no.

Does that also work for the normal steam settings, because i was going to ask
LORD HELMET:  I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's
former roommate.

LONE STARR:  What's that make us?

LORD HELMET:  Absolutely nothing. Which is what you are
about to become. Prepare to die.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2011, 10:37:55 AM »
Yeah any version of HOI3 will switch to window mode just be altering the settings file in the HOI 3 steamapps folder.

Most other games too have these and if they dont, you can use launch options in the games steam listing instead (-w for windowed for example).
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 10:46:53 AM by Mangala »