Author Topic: Gavriel - Witch Hunter  (Read 3343 times)

Astromarine

Gavriel - Witch Hunter
« on: September 24, 2008, 12:09:51 PM »

Characters & Classes:
Gavriel - Witch Hunter

Timezone:
+1

Gaming Style:
I'd be hardcore if I didn't have a life, a wife, and a burning desire to try out every shiny new thing that comes along. :) I played WoW for 2 years, with a paladin, but I decided to change up from the healing role in War and go for a witch hunter (protip: I'm lying. It was the hat)
As I said above, when I am playing a game I usually like to see everything and play all instances/raids/scenarios I can. I read about the game at work, study the mechanics for my classes, and play it obsessively. Problem is, I do have a wife, friends, other hobbies (notably, tabletop warhammer and Legends of the Five Rings CCG) etc, so it can happen that I take breaks from playing for a while.

About you:
Name's Abilio. I'm a Portuguese sysadmin living in Switzerland for over 7 years now (and hopefully forever, or until the Large Hadron Collider destroys the earth, whatever comes first). I live with my wife, a computer programmer in the same company, and two cats. I enjoy all types of gaming I can get my hands on, almost every type of music around (my Ipod includes an American doom/sludge band that records lyrics from inside coffins, a Tuareg Tishoumaren band, a Flamenco guitar player, a
Japanese jazz band, and a singer songwriter who sings songs about evil geniuses, robots, and self-hating octopi), and reading, mostly fantasy unfortunately.

What I'm looking for: Basically a group of friendly people to play the game with, that understands that life comes first and the game a very very distant second. Ideally, a bunch of guys that enjoy my company and I theirs, so we can progress to other games and remain together. I and my wife joined a guild in WoW, a supposedly "elite", "goal-driven" guild, and the experience not only soured me on the game forever, it caused problems in my life and marriage. I'm not looking to repeat that experience.

Cheers

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: Gavriel - Witch Hunter
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 12:19:15 PM »
Love to have a fashion conscious type along for the ride - as we say in our posts about the various WAR sites, we do know life is primary to the game and finding people who share that view yet are willing to share in the experience of this game to the fullest is always a good thing for us.

I'm happy to welcome you on board :)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Astrozombie

• HoJ Members
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 12:30:05 PM »
Cool, thanks

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008, 01:02:03 PM »
Us HoJers know that life comes first so we play when we can and have fun, but outside the game family, friends etc come first, after all real things are more important than coloured dots on a screen ;)

so we definetly aint elite but we do have one goal, to see as much of the game as possible and have fun whilst doing it"

enjoy your new home :)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Asundai

• HoJ Members
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2008, 07:06:42 PM »
and a singer songwriter who sings songs about evil geniuses, robots, and self-hating octopi

Jonathan Coulton?

Offline Astrozombie

• HoJ Members
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2008, 06:10:04 AM »
Ah, a fellow man of wealth and taste ;D

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2008, 06:19:43 AM »
Invited just now :)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2008, 08:45:55 AM »
Ah, another one from the continent! We needed that  ;)
Got a little outnumbered by the ppl from across the pond  :-\

;D
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166