Author Topic: Oh Dear...  (Read 1857 times)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
Oh Dear...
« on: September 15, 2008, 11:53:22 AM »
Chaps,

I'm not going to be playing WAR until they can get this damn CTD issue fixed. I've tried updating everything, and the problem still occurs. As such, the game is unplayable for me at this time.

I'm very annoyed over this, as I had no problems during Closed and Open Beta. Only when the game goes live does this sort of crap kick in! Not sure what that says about Mythic/GOA  ???

So, until they sort it, or even acknowledge the issue, I'll not be wasting my time. Sorry folks.

Cheers,

Dan

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
Re: Oh Dear...
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 11:56:14 AM »
ok mate seems a lot of people are having problems since the last patch.

only other thing i can think to try is if you have vista is there a xp mode you can try it in ?

my o/s is xp pro
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 11:59:48 AM by suralin »

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 01:15:48 PM »
Yeah I know the feeling!

Last time I disabled EVERY running program like msn, a quicktime thing, pretty much everything running in the bottom right tray apart from my firewall and external harddrive. Didn't crash after that during an hour or 4 of play. Need to play more to test it though.
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008, 02:31:51 PM »
I seem to have fixed this with a DirectX update and a full file check.

Just had about 45 mins of uninterrupted play, so heres hoping.