Author Topic: code button  (Read 7917 times)

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
code button
« on: September 08, 2008, 04:01:05 PM »
for those of you who already have an account on war-europe or got your registration confirmation there is now a button marked code on the left hand side of your screen to enter your code.

can take a few go's and browser reloads to work then you just have to wait for a final email then you should be able to patch.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: code button
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 05:18:50 PM »
Awesome cheers.

Decided to have a day away from the PC and that site after hours of it yesterday :)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 05:26:26 PM »
I entered my login details and open beta code on the page that's linked from the latest news message. It said 'my request to activate has been something'. Something positive anyhoo.

So I run the client, log in using the same details, and it says it's wrong. What am I missing here?
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 05:30:02 PM »
you need to wait for a final email and also there may be some kind of queue system (letting people patch in batches)

also the final email can take 1 to 2 hours to come through according to iain_c on the WHA forum dev tracker.

there has also been a couple of patches since OB started and this can take an hour.

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008, 05:32:44 PM »
Alright. Thanks very much for the info. :)

Saves me from getting my hopes up and waiting all night.

I'm off to have dinner and do some cleaning then.

Might see you in-game tomorrow or Wednesday depending on how things go!
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2008, 05:43:56 PM »
having 4 differing accounts on that site isnt good.  Took me several goes to get the right pass/login/email combo that would validate.

Now just need the email to arrive.

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2008, 05:44:24 PM »
just seen another post by iain_c there is a delay from when you get the email to being able to patch of about an hour.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2008, 05:45:38 PM »
just seen another post by iain_c there is a delay from when you get the email to being able to patch of about an hour.

I can live with that - as I have said elsewhere, while its a good thing to have this beta time, I am not exactly missing it (Playing a bigger man than the whining git I was yesterday!)

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2008, 05:54:53 PM »
im not doing much in beta really having already done the starting areas so im still trying to find my final class was going archmage or shadow warrior but having tried the RP for the first time today i just dont know.

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2008, 07:30:43 PM »
some people are reporting that they can patch without getting there final email may be worth trying from time to time.

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2008, 08:49:32 AM »
anybody get there email and able to patch yet if you have not got your email ppl are saying keep spamming your code on the site email gets through quicker within minutes in some cases.

what a farce!

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2008, 10:36:46 AM »
A rl friend and myself both entered our codes yesterday evening. He says he got his email this morning and started his download before heading off for work. I haven't received anything yet.

So much for 'guaranteed open beta access' so far.

What annoys me about their communication at the moment, is that they're saying 'You HAVE to be patient'.

Excuse me? I will whine and bitch like any other customer who has been promised open beta access by buying a CE.
Don't tell me I have to do anything. That community manager should be crawling through the dirt, flinging apologies wherever he goes and not saying that I have to do bugger all, then crawl inside a hole until they fix it, only coming out of said hole to give us updates combined with even more apologies.

/rant

Poop, that's what I say. :)
The way this is going I might as well get the house all cleaned up and get my stuff done before Sunday so I can just take part in the head start right away. If they don't mess that up.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 10:38:39 AM by Goatboy »

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2008, 10:49:51 AM »
well i havn't had to go through this farce so far with being in CB but will have to enter my other codes before headstart.

hope they are not going to leave it till sunday and thats if they get this disaster sorted by then.

they are now saying they have only 10k more email to send out and there are already 70k ingame since sunday.

what about the other 70k or so that cant even create an account
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 11:01:09 AM by suralin »

Online Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2008, 12:53:44 PM »
Its like a pint of guinness takes a while to pour but hopefully worth the wait

in the other hand ive been waiting on my email since 1600 yesterday still nothing, spammed 20 tabs as suggested still nothing, then i thought maybe im putting in the wrong email address so ive now tried again with my alternate and still waiting.

Tic follows toc follows tic.....
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2008, 01:47:20 PM »
out of interest has any of you tried the patcher just incase your in the system and the email has gone awol or lost in there system.