Author Topic: release day  (Read 3620 times)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
release day
« on: September 01, 2009, 11:04:04 AM »
is upon us and i was checking out dev posts while the server is down and heres one bit i found interesting

WHAT’S TO COME
Today we’re announcing our plans for Blood Moon – our first FREE update to the game. We’re diving right in to making more content for you, but I don’t want to spoil the awesome job the crew did on the announcement page, so keep your eyes on the website!
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
Re: release day
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 11:20:04 AM »
and due to the issues with the invasion , i know Kurtt was moaning about this.

Many of you have reported bugs over the weekend about the Qularr Invasion not working properly. We discovered the bug that was causing the event to run much shorter than we anticipated. The event, however, will still end tonight as scheduled. To make it up to you, we are granting every account that logged in during the Early Start event the Dr. Silverback and Qularr Bug pets!

If you haven't logged in this weekend, now's the time to do so!
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 11:45:54 AM »
Question, whats Omega?  (Seen the odd reference to it in places)

"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009, 12:19:49 PM »
Question, whats Omega?  (Seen the odd reference to it in places)

The OMEGA system is our name for the whole of our end-game content. There are several different event-types that fall into this category, and it's also designed to be expanded as time goes by. That being said, let's talk about what's going to be there for launch.

UNITY Missions
UNITY is a top-level branch of UNTIL that recruits the world's most powerful heroes to act as fast-response teams for global threats. There are new events and missions that heroes can go on each day, earning special commendations for success. These commendations can then be used to gain access to high-level Lairs and Headquarters which have special OMEGA-level rewards. The UNITY missions change every day, so be sure to check and see who needs help, and where.

THE HERO GAMES
There are special arenas and rewards for the highest level of competitors in this hero-on-hero competition.

PERKS
For those players who like to work towards very long-term goals, there are high-end perks that will require dedication to complete, but will also have rewards that reflect the dedication of those heroes able to complete them.

NEMESIS
Defeating your Nemesis is one thing, but do you have the mettle to fill out your Nemesis Gallery with numerous deadly enemies? And once that is complete, who knows what new challenges will await you?

CRAFTING
For those heroes who are inventors or researchers by nature, there are some very high-end crafting recipes that require true dedication to complete. But the results are magnificent!

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2009, 09:37:16 PM »
That Harlequin/Jester type hat I got for preorder is lame.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."